League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Damage items on Hecarim (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3158478)

Xanthalis 02-23-2013 09:04 AM

Damage items on Hecarim

Which are good for him? Not tanky damage items, like Maw, Scimitar, SFC etc, but pure damage.

I ask because I had a game last night where I found myself tanky enough (though you can always be tankier lol) and wanted some damage. My team's dps was lacking so I wanted to see if I could help out there. I already had Gauntlet, SFC and Spirit Visage. I found myself looking at the damage items, not sure what to get. I opted on Black Cleaver because his Q is spammable, AoE and applies stacks.

I used to build Ghostblade in S2, instead of Shurelia's, for the CDR and active speed, but that doesn't seem as useful now. I considered Zephyr, but I don't know if the AS was worth it since you really only need to AA between Q's and with max CDR and its stacks I didn't think you could get more than 1 AA off between.

Any other ideas?

Kumamon JPN 02-23-2013 09:05 AM

You can never go wrong with a triforce it's all you need for damage

Felaedor 02-23-2013 09:06 AM

Basically the only things you're looking for to deal damage are CDR capping first and foremost, a spellblade proc (Trinity and Gauntlet are both solid choices, but I'm definitely a bigger fan of Gauntlet because it factors in to your CDR as well), and then ArP/Flat AD past that.

Other than those stats, everything else is subpar.

Or you can just get completely trolltastic and build a Liandry's. It's actually pretty damn good.

Xanthalis 02-23-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kumamon JPN (Hozzászólás 34963242)
You can never go wrong with a triforce it's all you need for damage

I already had the Gauntlet though.

Normally I'm not worried about damage on Hecarim, but this game needed me to hit harder. I really only ask because once I decided to build damage, I kind of derped and realized that nothing came directly to mind to build.

Xanthalis 02-23-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felaedor (Hozzászólás 34963263)
Basically the only things you're looking for to deal damage are CDR capping first and foremost, a spellblade proc, and then ArP/Flat AD past that.

Other than those stats, everything else is subpar.

That's why I went with BC. After Gauntlet and SV it capped my CDR, gave me flat and the stacking ArP and flat AD.

Felaedor 02-23-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xanthalis (Hozzászólás 34963338)
That's why I went with BC. After Gauntlet and SV it capped my CDR, gave me flat and the stacking ArP and flat AD.

You've basically got 2 options for that 3rd CDR item.

SSoEL and Cleaver. SSoEL is cheaper, BC scales better.

If you're getting ahead and want to pound some faces early, Elder lizard is the way to go. If it's a slower game and you need to get tanky by building the Spirit Visage and Glacial Shroud first, go for the Cleaver.

YDemon 02-23-2013 09:11 AM

then build a thornmail, or if you are really ahead build bt/gunblade.

RandomGuy928 02-23-2013 09:12 AM

Get Lizard Spirit, Gauntlet, and Spirit Visage.

Beyond that, Ghostblade is actually an incredibly strong item if your champion uses it well, and Maw used to be a pretty standard item on Hecarim back in S2. Personally, I feel like you're probably better off getting something like a Warmog's before anything else outside of that core item set. Ghostblade (or possibly Cleaver if you had an AD heavy team) might be your best bet after that unless they're extremely magic heavy, in which case Maw could be useful. I know the Brutalizer items break your CDR cap, but they do make the damage come out.

You could always just buy a BT if you're that far ahead and need pure damage or something.

Xanthalis 02-23-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDemon (Hozzászólás 34963387)
then build a thornmail, or if you are really ahead build bt/gunblade.

I thought about Gunblade. Is it good on him? I was ahead and doing well, but my team wasn't, so I wanted damage asap and Brutalizer seemed a better choice than Bilgewater.

In theory Gunblade seems good on him, has anyone tried this out?

Ob1ivion 02-23-2013 09:18 AM

Not sure how you don't think you were doing enough damage if you had Frost Puncher and Lizard Elder. Those two items give Hec so much damage. Add in Sunfire and your DPS should be sufficient.