League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is Randuin's omen a fair item? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3158453)

Alphazonex 02-23-2013 08:54 AM

Is Randuin's omen a fair item?

I never see any kind of discussion on this item, but I'm curious. Is it a fair item? I understand that its healthy to have a counter to roles like ADC, but a counter this hard? One that not only reduces your attack speed for attacking the target but also your MS? It gives HP and armor, the stats you need to survive against ADs, but it also comes with those two reductions as well as another MS slow active.

What is an ADC suppose to do when the bruiser(s) and tank(s) on the enemy team gets a randuin's omen? As an ADC carry, you can't afford to move up to the front lines and try to snipe the squishy ( Unless your team is ungodly far ahead). ADCs are suppose to hang back and focus down what ever gets near their team ( usually the enemy team's tank/bruiser).

But that becomes a problem when said tank/bruiser has a randuin's omen, you're punished for auto attacking them. Super duper late late laaaate in the game, it may not matter to a 6 item ADC. But how often does a game last that long?

Discussion about this item would be neat.

Uyrus 02-23-2013 08:55 AM

It makes me want to break my keyboard when i play an ad carry.

B0nghits 02-23-2013 08:56 AM

I buy it for the honor of Demacia on Garen and Jarvan.

oqwnM 02-23-2013 08:58 AM

Randuin
FH
Warmogs
Thornmail
Ninja Tabi
Optional

WHERE IS YOUR AD CARRY NOW?

and this
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uyrus (Hozzászólás 34962989)
It makes me want to break my keyboard when i play an ad carry.

Dark Wulfy 02-23-2013 08:59 AM

No, not really.

Muppetron 02-23-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphazonex (Hozzászólás 34962975)
I never see any kind of discussion on this item, but I'm curious. Is it a fair item? I understand that its healthy to have a counter to roles like ADC, but a counter this hard? One that not only reduces your attack speed for attacking the target but also your MS? It gives HP and armor, the stats you need to survive against ADs, but it also comes with those two reductions as well as another MS slow active.

What is an ADC suppose to do when the bruiser(s) and tank(s) on the enemy team gets a randuin's omen? As an ADC carry, you can't afford to move up to the front lines and try to snipe the squishy ( Unless your team is ungodly far ahead). ADCs are suppose to hang back and focus down what ever gets near their team ( usually the enemy team's tank/bruiser).

But that becomes a problem when said tank/bruiser has a randuin's omen, you're punished for auto attacking them. Super duper late late laaaate in the game, it may not matter to a 6 item ADC. But how often does a game last that long?

Discussion about this item would be neat.

So you want warmogs nerfed and now randuins? Whats next? Start the ADC's off with 2000 gold at the beginning of the game. Ez mode

Ericxz 02-23-2013 09:07 AM

Well this is why you dont focus the tank with randuin omen. Also what about last whisper and botrk those items do fine against tanks. And if they build randuin omen they will have 0 magic resist so the ap can burst them down. Dont focus tanks. And with all the tank items being nerfed like warmogs tanks have been weaker so. Dont focus tanks with ADC.

ChrysaorFug 02-23-2013 09:10 AM

I've been getting on thresh as a 3rd item for support (Philo, sightstone, omen) and usually have it pre 20, and its near broken. I think the one (ms or as reduction) should be toned down or removed.

The item seems like its just too good at what it does, being an anti kite item. IMO, they should take out the MS reduction.

Metta 02-23-2013 09:12 AM

nope

2pudge1cup 02-23-2013 09:16 AM

wah wah unfair wah wah

edit:

Quote:

As an ADC carry
i lol'ed

so umm *cough cough* frozen mallet *cough cough* you might wanna buy that instead of your 4th/5th straight damage item. just a thought.