League of Legends Community
12345 ... 7

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   An opinion on Darius change (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3158350)

SummonersRiftPlz 02-23-2013 09:09 AM

An opinion on Darius change

So, I have seen the new change to Darius ult.
May I have your opinions on it? I was planning to get Darius but his nerf kind of changed him completely. He is Darius because of his refreshing ult I think. Now ths is what I understood:
When Darius ults, he still refreshes his ult, but after 12 seconds if he does not refresh his ult, the skill enters cooldown. Which is long, because they made it even longer than before.

This is not rage thread. I don't even own Darius lol :)
I neither hate fighting Darius and never wanted a nerf on him. He has his counters and he's not as hard to fight as thought.

So, what's your opinions. Is he still Darius? Or this has been a hard hit for the hand of noxus?

EDIT: who's scattering downvotes? lol

Winktoblink 02-23-2013 09:11 AM

To be honest, he is still the same dunklord, he just doesn't have the antifun complete refresh on his ultimate. It only really majorly affects laning phase. He's less frustrating to play against, but still challenging.

AdamAndrews 02-23-2013 09:13 AM

Hard hit. They took away power without compensation. He'll have a tougher laning phase now.

Simba Pridelands 02-23-2013 09:13 AM

he just cant keep killing you when you come back to lane

Call Me Tonight 02-23-2013 09:16 AM

Here's a story :

"GUYS TOP DARIUS MIA"
"Oh nvm, he used his dunk already"

Same as Garen's story, but we all know Garen is way scarier compared to Darius when both's ult is not up yet.

AquaDragon42 02-23-2013 09:17 AM

they didnt change any of his damage, just his early cd and the fact that he doesnt have his true-damage execute ult up 24/7. When you think about it this change actually opens up more counter-play options for the opposing team, like waiting for Darius' re-cast timer to run out before the jungler comes in to gank in lane. This would normally end with Darius getting a second kill with his ult.

I dont think this will change him as much as people think, but still we should wait and see how this effects him once the patch goes live....or at least wait at least a week or two after because I have a feeling people will still be raging about this "nerf" for a little.

SummonersRiftPlz 02-23-2013 09:20 AM

I actually felt that his ult was perfectly fine.
Also i suppose that now he loses 75% of his burst for 2 minutes

FDru 02-23-2013 09:21 AM

He'll still be a noob stomper, since noobs won't be able to capitalize on 12 second grace period. Good players will abuse it to make sure he doesn't get more than 1 ult off.

AquaDragon42 02-23-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SummonersRiftPlz (Hozzászólás 34962302)
I actually felt that his ult was perfectly fine.
Also i suppose that now he loses 75% of his burst for 2 minutes

Most Darius players I have seen mostly use deffensive items because he can just get most of his kills by executing the entire enemy team. Maybe this will make Darius players lean more towards getting some more offensive items. His ult does have bonus AD scaling.

SummonersRiftPlz 02-23-2013 09:23 AM

I think he will have more changes. Since his ult against good players will be like a Cho ult. True damage. But higher damage but triple as cooldown and no nomnom and grow