League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ATTENTION RIOT EMPLOYEE"S!!! I would like riot to remove the cutoff for co-op games (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3158260)

xSedationx 02-23-2013 07:24 AM

ATTENTION RIOT EMPLOYEE"S!!! I would like riot to remove the cutoff for co-op games

they can do whatever they need to ensure there's no farming maybe less ip earned but frankly thats what me and my friend's enjoy playing and by making it so i can only play 2 hours a day after level 15 and no xp gained is ruining my experience there are time's when i don't think i have the level of focus to play pvp then i shouldn't enter that arm of lol and possibly harm some1 else's game or good time and honestly after a rough day (which is often the case) i'm beat and want to relax and play this awesome game and co-op is the arena i enjoy the most so riot please for the love of my small group of friend's and other's i'm sure feel the same way change this so i can continue to enjoy this excellant game and as well continue to throw my cash at you cause otherwise when i don't earn anything for my time it feel's empty and pointless. any1 who feel's the same please be vocal and maybe someone important will notice.Thank you to riot and it's employee's for this wonderful game

Kanaryuu 02-23-2013 07:26 AM

I'm against any form of "Cut off" points for AI games or custom games.

if people never want to do normal games/ranked games it's their choice, they shouldn't be punished with a "limit" i mean it's already a reduction to normal/ranked why limit it too?

tempname950 02-23-2013 07:26 AM

The reason it doesn't offer xp for an infinite amount of co op games is because you used to be able to level to 30 through co op, and you would learn nothing about PVP, and be eligible for ranked after buying a few 450 champs(which you would have done while leveling up).

This is unacceptable because ranked is for competitive play, not first timers.

JabaRune 02-23-2013 07:35 AM

I rarely play coop vs ai... Pretty much only with my gf and her friends but I don't see a reason to limit how much you can play it. =/ if people have fun playing it but not pvp then.... who cares? No reason to punish people for having fun if it doesn't hurt anyone else.

xSedationx 02-23-2013 07:40 AM

truly i thank all of you who support this and i hope that riot take's notice as they say they care when fan's speak and have a grievance. to all of u who post and vote my gratitude is eternal. as well if you'd be willing to take 1 more step and when/if u fill out the survey mention it in the text boxes even if it doesn't make sense to be there just copy and past a quick line of dialogue.again ty and u are very much appreciated

EnvyDragon 02-23-2013 07:40 AM

I'm afraid I can't read your post because it's seven lines long and there's only one period.

I think the cutoff is fine; you can keep playing custom/co-op games beyond that point anyway, you just don't earn as much IP. If you want to earn IP, then try PvP, and then try ranked. You get way more IP from ranked games, generally speaking.

Like tempname said, it's a useful thing for encouraging people to give PvP a try, rather than having them go, "Hmm, I'm level thirty, I think I should see what division I'd fall into." And then you ruin the game for your team because you're used to playing against bots who run at the first sign of damage.

Mango027 02-23-2013 07:45 AM

Counter offer.
Separate time limits for co-op on different maps. 2 hours on Summoners Rift, 2 hours on Twisted Treeline, 2 hours in Dominion.

Ayemageyene 02-23-2013 07:45 AM

I'm sure someone at Riot is going to scoff but I don't care because it's informed; Co-Op and custom games, from a financial standpoint, won't earn Riot the revenue they see from players playing against other players.

It's unfortunate because normal games are usually so toxic now it's ironic how Riot thinks they can do much about toxic player behavior on the Internet. The tribunal is an attempt, not a success because people can easily create another FREE account and work their way up without worry of losing much if they don't buy RP.

I love playing custom games because I don't have to deal with toxic players if I just play with 9 AI's. Or if we play Proving Grounds it's just an all out fun FFA. One AFK here and there I brush it off because the games are usually short and losing that kind of time invested isn't something I mind.

Working my way up to level 18 and supporting or defending in a 30 minute to 60 minute game where 5 people are depended upon even more with such a large space to defend, my investment is worth more so I can see why toxic is a common effect in 5v5 normal and ranked games.

EnvyDragon 02-23-2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ayemageyene (Hozzászólás 34961667)
I love playing custom games because I don't have to deal with toxic players if I just play with 9 AI's. Or if we play Proving Grounds it's just an all out fun FFA. One AFK here and there I brush it off because the games are usually short and losing that kind of time invested isn't something I mind.

Working my way up to level 18 and supporting or defending in a 30 minute to 60 minute game where 5 people are depended upon even more with such a large space to defend, my investment is worth more so I can see why toxic is a common effect in 5v5 normal and ranked games.

^This.

All it takes to ruin a game is one person out of ten.

But even so, I don't think the cutoff is necessary. Two hours is plenty of time.

What I'd love is if there was a way to gain IP from ARAM games...

Elder Chewbaka 02-23-2013 08:06 AM

ffs
you shouldn't get anything from playing against bots
be happy with what you have