League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Card Master - an idea to make his Q more interesting (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3158)

Sco0oby 08-03-2009 04:03 AM

Card Master - an idea to make his Q more interesting

So everybody knows CM is imba at this point, the AP scaling on the spammable Q skill makes him a creep wave 1 hitter while being out of range of ganking, long teamfights = imba dps for him, while staying back.

I think a simple change in mechanics to Q skill would make him less imba, while still interesting.

1. make ap scaling 0.5 thats just needed.
2. increase its cooldown.

those changes would already fix it, but here comes my suggestion:

wild cards has a random color to the cards, so make it deal bonus dmg like this:

gold cards deal 4x dmg if the unit it was hit before with a gold card from pick a card.
red cards deal 2x dmg if the unit was hit before with red cards.
blue cards deal 2x only to units not hit by anything before.

this supports his "random theme" while offering great combos that are a bit based on luck, but still viable if unlucky. In this scenario i would go for a 0.5 AP scaling, but no cooldown nerf, or only a slight one, mb AP scaling needs even more nerfing tho.

well what do you guys think?

Mateo 08-03-2009 04:19 AM

I like your idea. The gold card with 4X damage can be instagib i think but because of its random it is fair. I support your idea.
+1

P.S.: What about judicator?:)

pandamine 08-03-2009 04:27 AM

My only complaint is that this would make it way too unreliable to use in a practical situation and *luck* based

pandamine 08-03-2009 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mateo (Hozzászólás 30798)
I like your idea. The gold card with 4X damage can be instagib i think but because of its random it is fair. I support your idea.
+1

P.S.: What about judicator?:)

If judicator could farm and would have her Q skill would have a 4 sec CD, then yes that would be a valid argument (AP judicator is still pretty damn strong though)

Mateo 08-03-2009 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandamine (Hozzászólás 30806)
and *luck* based

That's mean the random or not?:) So i mean if u roll a dice it give you random number between 1 and 6 but if u lucky u will roll 6 all the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandamine (Hozzászólás 30809)
If judicator could farm and would have her Q skill would have a 4 sec CD, then yes that would be a valid argument (AP judicator is still pretty damn strong though)

And with her ultimate and immune thingy....

Sco0oby 08-03-2009 05:03 AM

Guinsoo already said that judi is being worked on, but i dont like to play her either way so I dont care :P

and panda, yes it is random, but thats just your instagib, red on red is 2x dmg which you can easily achieve and blue still is nice for farming / teamfights.

pandamine 08-03-2009 05:05 AM

I would rather they nerf the Q skill and make it work with his pick a card, this change makes it seem that the user doesn't have that much control over it

Genose 08-03-2009 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandamine (Hozzászólás 30828)
I would rather they nerf the Q skill and make it work with his pick a card, this change makes it seem that the user doesn't have that much control over it

I doubt they'd do that, considering they like not having "built-in/forced" synergy. Although it does make sense to me.

Rokk 08-03-2009 05:29 AM

That idea sounds a bit too much based on luck. Pick a card can be timed to have the correct effect you want with a mix of skill and luck while the cards from wild card is completely random, and a 4x damage attack would lead to aggravating insta-gibs.

Kaneh 08-03-2009 09:37 AM

No. Makes the skill worse without fixing much.

Doesn't stop farming and pushing. 2 shotting creep waves with a 3 sec CD gives essentially the same effect as 1 shotting them.

Doesn't stop cardmaster from spamming cards into a fight, hoping for a gold one to destroy people with.

To top it off, adding luck based instagibs aren't fun. I don't see how you could think that rolling the dice to kill someone would be enjoyable, especially for the person on the receiving end.

It essentially solves none of the issues and adds a new one for people to rage at.