League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Help me get out of Bronze! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3133245)

BowlingForShoop 02-16-2013 10:27 AM

Help me get out of Bronze!

Hey guys, I'm currently in Bronze I, the same division I've been in since season 3 officially started. My problem is that I've gotten into a promotion series four times (I just got in a fresh one, so this will be my 5th), and I'm really having trouble winning 3/5 games. It seems there are no issues getting back into the series; I go on a 2 or 3 win streak to get back to 100 points... but once the series begins, it's like I'm paired with people way below average skill level against people who have some idea of what they're doing.

I play AP mid, and although it's a common pick I usually convince my team to let me play it, since I'm very confident in that role. I never lose mid lane. I know it sounds cocky but I'm in Bronze... nobody has beaten me in lane in ranked yet, BECAUSE I DON'T BELONG IN BRONZE AAAGGGHGHHHHH@!#@

Why don't other people who call their roles in champ select have the same confidence as me? Plenty of people will call top or adc or jungle and be terrible at the role...

People have told me that roaming is a great way help to your team and I agree, because when I roam it usually turns into a kill or two, but I have trouble knowing when to roam, since the other mid (or the other team's jungler, if the mid is missing) will push my lane to hell and put a ton of damage on my turret, if not take it down altogether.

I guess my main question is: can you guys offer me some tips on how to carry myself out of Bronze? I don't want to lose another series because there's a 0/12 Darius top lane on my team and the 12/0 (insert hypercarry bruiser here) on the other team just runs around and 1v4s the rest of our team.

Anything you can offer would be great!

LoudFootSteps 02-16-2013 10:35 AM

The best way to win more games is to be a team leader and play a lot of games.

Also note that most low level Silver players are worse than high level Bronze players. It is the same issue with SC2, because low level Silver players are placed there for no reason and aren't very good. High level Bronze players tend to have pulled themselves out of Bronze and end up being better for that. I know because I was a Bronze player in SC2 when I started (like, so bad it's not even funny). I pulled myself out of the dumps and got into Silver. Then I easily wrecked everyone and got to high silver, where I needed to be better in order to get into gold.

Also, if you want to be able to roam more often in mid lane, pick strong pushers like Zyra, Lux, or anyone who can easily clear creep waves. This will allow you to push your lane as far as possible before going to roam, making your turret take less damage as the enemy will also have to push the lane in order to damage the turret.

Personally, when I mid, I hate roaming because my main is Fizz. Fizz is not a strong pusher at all, until his E allows him to one-shot caster minions. Before that he is an extremely weak pusher. I refuse to roam because I can't get my lane pushed enough, so I tend to only roam when the enemy backs and I am still in lane. Otherwise, I count on my jungler to help out other lanes.

FreshFuhrer 02-16-2013 11:05 AM

You shouldn't want help getting out of bronze. You just need to practice. Once you're good enough, you'll get out by yourself. You should be dominating at this stage if you think you're ready to improve.

Rebel Arc 02-16-2013 12:15 PM

You deserve bronze youre last hitting is terrible...

Echo5kw 02-16-2013 01:52 PM

If your turret isn't down, stay in your lane. I hate seeing my mid come down amd not push their lane, because most of the time i can just turtle. Turrets win games, not kills 90% of the time. You also need to make sure you have a stockpile of wards and only go back when you absolutely have to, and watch your jungler clear to help with any counter ganks. I didnt look up your stats but if your cs is garbage, focus more on farming and less on poking

BowlingForShoop 02-16-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebel Arc (Hozzászólás 34728101)
You deserve bronze youre last hitting is terrible...

Where is this information coming from? Can you give me an example of what my CS should look like? Also, I said I don't belong in Bronze, but I don't claim to be a professional or anything... so if you could provide a little more than a put-down that would be much appreciated.

Oh, right, you must be referring to the one game in my match history where I had below 200 cs lol...

Anyone else with some useful information?

iamblamb 02-16-2013 03:40 PM

If you want my honest opinion you need to play something that can carry your team. Top or jungle can do it easily. Darius, Garen, Vi, Lee Sin, Xin, Jayce, Jax or most other tanky bruisers are the best thing. The problem with mid lane is that they are (for the most part) extremely squishy. So unless you want to learn how to play AD mid like panth or a tanky AP mid like Vlad Swain or Galio, I'd say staying out of mid lane is what works. At least... its working for me.

jetpotion 02-20-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowlingForShoop (Hozzászólás 34733104)
Where is this information coming from? Can you give me an example of what my CS should look like? Also, I said I don't belong in Bronze, but I don't claim to be a professional or anything... so if you could provide a little more than a put-down that would be much appreciated.

Oh, right, you must be referring to the one game in my match history where I had below 200 cs lol...

Anyone else with some useful information?

no your cs should be higher.A mordekaiser with 211 by 37 minutes isnt good.Pros requirely farm constantly.around 160 cs at minimum by 20 minutes.And they farm evern more.in a pro game 300 cs is good by 37 minutes

GibsonG 02-25-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreshFuhrer (Hozzászólás 34726173)
You shouldn't want help getting out of bronze. You just need to practice. Once you're good enough, you'll get out by yourself. You should be dominating at this stage if you think you're ready to improve.

This is such a crock of ****.. im sorry.. EVERY GAME there is a Troll or a feeder or afk in Bronze V.. EVERY SINGLE GAME!.. You will never get out EVER!

I have way over 100+ games played in Bronze and there is a ****ty troll in every game. Sometimes lose 10-15 games in a row because of it.

There is no getting out ever.. best bet make a new account and do your placement matches again and try to get higher league. That's the only way out.

Capt Carmine 02-25-2013 06:13 AM

You should roam after you have pushed your way to the turret, and also if you see a lane is losing really bad it is more important, to help that lane thats losing than protecting your turret, like when that darius is 0/2 if you help him, it wont ever get to the point where he is 0/12.

I dont know what your cs is, but at your level if you have 80 at ten minutes you should be way ahead of everyone else because on average cs is worth more than kills because it gives more experience. and the team thats a higher level normally wins.

Characters that have high damage and high cc/utlity are the best for low level games because they can make plays 2. lux, Zyra, Kayle, twisted fate are all really good mid lane champs that control the flow of teamfights and can help other laners 2.

and lead your team and actually buy wards:
if you buy a pink ward and get your team baron that changes the game