League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Ranked Games (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3132936)

snifferdog2 02-16-2013 08:44 AM

Ranked Games

So I recently hit level 30. I am going to get a full rune page before i go into a ranked game, but is there anything else that I need to consider as well?

Slippers 02-16-2013 08:56 AM

1. Prepare to control your temper. If you snap, so does your League Points. Keep calm at all costs and give teammates constructive criticism / cheers.

2. You gotta play way more normals before you go into ranked. You'll end up in Bronze and QQ like half the community where they say "oh I don't belong here I just had really crappy placement matches and Im stuck in elo hell". The game mechanics are much more complicated than you might expect. Practice with Draft pick and once you have around 300-400 wins, go play ranked.

3. Learn more than 1 role. This means that you're going to require several runepages so you can 'fill' into the role that your team needs. If you are only able to play top, then that is terrible because someone else may want top, and you guys will end up going duo top, wrecking the game.

4. Learn to build better. I just looked at your match history, and your builds aren't exactly ideal nor excellent in my opinion. In normals, there are noob stomper builds (Mejai's Rush) and you can carry the game 1v5. However, in ranked, all it takes is 1 mistake to throw the game, or turn it around. Having a bad build is one disadvantage that can be easily overcome by building better and smarter than the enemy.

ExecutionerKen 02-16-2013 09:03 AM

Pretty much what Slippers had stated.

Remember, most people who just joined ranked will tend to do pretty bad, and majority of them will be placed in the bronze/ silver division. Rarely people will get placed in gold or higher. So you might found yourself stuck at those tiers until you actually have the skill to carry onward.

LarcyBrown 02-16-2013 11:16 AM

www.realelohell.wordpress.com

Read all of that to have the proper mindset for ranked.
Use lol replay to review your games, it helps.

Sylvr 02-16-2013 12:38 PM

Slippers nailed it.

If you insist on going into ranked fresh into 30, then I would recommend ignoring your rank completely and just play a ton of games. Everyone likes to think that they're naturally talented, and that they'll quickly settle straight into "Above average" ranking. This is unrealistic, and that attitude is just going to frustrate you.

I can't say it enough, play a lot of games if you want to be good at League. There are 110 champions, and dozens of possible matchups for each champion. To win your lane, you need to know what the other champs are capable of, and that knowledge takes time to gain.

LockCORE 02-16-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippers (Hozzászólás 34722375)
1. Prepare to control your temper. If you snap, so does your League Points. Keep calm at all costs and give teammates constructive criticism / cheers.

2. You gotta play way more normals before you go into ranked. You'll end up in Bronze and QQ like half the community where they say "oh I don't belong here I just had really crappy placement matches and Im stuck in elo hell". The game mechanics are much more complicated than you might expect. Practice with Draft pick and once you have around 300-400 wins, go play ranked.

3. Learn more than 1 role. This means that you're going to require several runepages so you can 'fill' into the role that your team needs. If you are only able to play top, then that is terrible because someone else may want top, and you guys will end up going duo top, wrecking the game.

4. Learn to build better. I just looked at your match history, and your builds aren't exactly ideal nor excellent in my opinion. In normals, there are noob stomper builds (Mejai's Rush) and you can carry the game 1v5. However, in ranked, all it takes is 1 mistake to throw the game, or turn it around. Having a bad build is one disadvantage that can be easily overcome by building better and smarter than the enemy.

^ This pretty much says EVERYTHING except don't EVER criticize players at all, it will lead to people getting pissed off and throwing the game, no matter how good your intentions are, people still see it as an insult.