League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   @Riot. I think you are getting "Bluffers" And "Trolls" mixed up. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3099288)

ThatGoodGuyGreg 02-07-2013 07:08 PM

@Riot. I think you are getting "Bluffers" And "Trolls" mixed up.

I just want to point out the difference here because I saw a red post somewhere that the mindset you guys had with the dodge penalty is that "Trolls" actually want to win the game that's why they are forcing others to dodge so that they can get the role they want.

Actually no. Those aren't trolls. Those are legit players wanting to win WHILE pretending to be a "Troll" to get what they want. Bluffers are bluffing because they want to win the game and have confidence in their abilities.

It's like sitting on a poker table and you put on a troll face and went all-in. You want the people around you to believe that you are a troll so that they'd fold (dodge). They wouldn't call because there's a huge possibility of losing when the bluffer is actually a troll when infact, isn't.

Trolls on the other hand find getting a negative reaction from others actually fun for them. In fact, they have no intention of winning the game at all and just wants to see people pissed off. Bottom line is, trolls have no intention to dodge, and no intention to win the game.

Edit:

I'm not mad or anything. This isn't a "QQ wahwah ah mah gad trollz erwhere." thread. I actually don't mind having trolls because I'm used to it. But seeing how the majority of people who play this game take this game very seriously, I just wanted to clarify the difference between a "troll" and a "bluffer" and I really think that you have them mixed up Riot. Now, I am not against your new system. I actually love this new system since it got me back to playing ranked. I still get those trolls but who cares I play for fun. It's just I do hope you can make this new system better in the future if you truly re-consider your definition of "troll" as this could very much help with your future decisions on how to make the majority of LoL players happy.

Still Eternity 02-07-2013 07:09 PM

This.

AZ17 02-07-2013 07:11 PM

like that rumble in my game earlier that stopped me from promoting :(

Zezune 02-07-2013 07:16 PM

Zomg wow....u r such a genius....do you too have a PHD in psychology??? I have like FIVE of them, you know because they just hand them out to anyone these days.

Man, maybe riot should hire you and throw you in with the rest of their psych team.

TrollMachineV2 02-07-2013 07:18 PM

True

ThatGoodGuyGreg 02-07-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zezune (Hozzászólás 34410478)
Zomg wow....u r such a genius....do you too have a PHD in psychology??? I have like FIVE of them, you know because they just hand them out to anyone these days.

Man, maybe riot should hire you and throw you in with the rest of their psych team.

Thank you kind sir.

I will keep that in mind.

VanceStubbs 02-07-2013 07:20 PM

This is true.

What you forgot to mention that you barely ever going to see actual legit trolls in most matches...

Shadeykris 02-07-2013 07:21 PM

You're kinda actually agreeing with Riot. I think the point was that most of the so-called trolls which players encounter are these bluffers. If you call their bluff, or remove their incentive to do so, they'll knuckle down and play the game.

davesmack 02-07-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zezune (Hozzászólás 34410478)

He actually raises a valid point. I've done this before when I was on a team I didn't think would win, but didn't wanna have to suffer through the dodge penalty myself.

No, I never actually intended to play barrier/smite jungle Karma and feed. Did I still lock in barrier/smite Karma, and say "I will get both buffs then feed them to top lane"? You bet your ass I did. Did it get someone to dodge? Unfortunately, no, someone called my bluff and I was forced to dodge.

Just saying, the OP is right. 9 times out of 10 that guy you're calling a "troll" is just trying to bluff you into dodging.

ThatGoodGuyGreg 02-07-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadeykris (Hozzászólás 34410648)
You're kinda actually agreeing with Riot. I think the point was that most of the so-called trolls which players encounter are these bluffers. If you call their bluff, or remove their incentive to do so, they'll knuckle down and play the game.

I wasn't agreeing with Riot's definition of "troll" though :)