League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   RIP Jungle Olaf (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3096449)

Zeraphicus 02-07-2013 05:42 AM

RIP Jungle Olaf

You will be missed old friend...

But seriously, his ganks were pretty bad before unless the enemy laner had pushed up to the tower with no ward(not going to happen at a reasonable skill level). He is completely unviable in the jungle now, he can clear fast and counter jungle now at the expense of his lanes.

He may be fine in top lane but he is just not nearly as effective as the other top tier jungles. You end up gold starved and not a threat to carries. He now needs to build several offensive items to compensate for the r and w nerf, leaving him unable to reach the carries healthy enough to kill them.

Not to mention he will be kited without ghost/ult/shurileas...

True to form lane Olaf was op, so jungle Olaf gets the nerf harder

ROKAF JE 02-07-2013 08:53 AM

Shurelyas randuins boots 2 is all Olaf needs to be competitive.
CDR and HP and that's it.
How can you be gold starved when you only need 3 items, one of which builds out of a gp10 item..

Zeraphicus 02-07-2013 12:57 PM

How is that going to help your gank? They are terrible.

Robotiny 02-07-2013 01:10 PM

+40% movement speed once per minute? How is that not great for ganking?

futuresight23 02-07-2013 01:10 PM

Ganking was never Olaf's strong suit before the slow nerf on his Q. He'll still be strong otherwise.

ROKAF JE 02-07-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeraphicus (Hozzászólás 34394467)
How is that going to help your gank? They are terrible.

No wonder you think Olaf is bad.
It's not the tools, it's the carpenter.

I'm not even going to bother to explain it.

Zeraphicus 02-07-2013 01:24 PM

In solo queue the game can be won or lost in the first 10 mins if you can't gank for your lanes that are struggling. There are other jungles that clear nearly as fast as Olaf and can actually gank without blowing ghost. I would just like some people that still jungle him post your matches and build order.

I have played several matches with him post nerf and they were pretty bad, as well as if the opponent has been Olaf in the jungle, he gets dominated to the tune of 0/11 and a loss. Lane Olaf is still fine, but in s3 gankability is what separates wins from losses.

Zeraphicus 02-07-2013 01:26 PM

Rokaf how is a 2500 gold item going to help your first clear ganks? Farming the jungle is not the answer. Get back to me on an account higher than level 5 and more than 8 wins.

ROKAF JE 02-07-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeraphicus (Hozzászólás 34395462)
s3 gank ability is what separates wins from losses.

This is always the case in lower end games - and has been since the beginning (pre-s1).

Undertow combined with damage from the laner is more than enough to secure kills early.

Shurelya's is also dirt cheap and gives every stat Olaf needs, as well as an amazing active.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeraphicus (Hozzászólás 34395528)
Rokaf how is a 2500 gold item going to help your first clear ganks? Farming the jungle is not the answer. Get back to me on an account higher than level 5 and more than 8 wins.

My name is floating around these forums somewhere. I've got nothing to prove.
You're like everyone else with crying posts. You don't want to progress, you want to be told you're right.

Zeraphicus 02-07-2013 01:32 PM

Right on, you are obviously an expert on Olaf post nerf, post a match of you jungling him at level 30 and I will agree with you that he is doing OK.

I am fine, I just don't pick Olaf for the jungle anymore.