League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Having trouble carrying my team (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3094965)

Yucline 02-06-2013 06:35 PM

Having trouble carrying my team

Hello,

Many thanks for reading this.. With the old ranking system I was 1404 elo and found ti still relatively easy to win my lanes as well as give my team the advantage until close to end.

However, just before the new rating system came in to play I lost about 9 games in a row and went all the way down to 1194 elo (very low, mostly due to people with DC or troll picks - 2 supports, etc etc).

Regardless, with the new system I was placed in to Silver IV which was relatively easy for me and I quickly climbed all the way to the top of league very close to my promotion match, however, once again I had a losing streak of about 6-9 games and dropped all the way to Silver V. This was very disapointing to me as I still have never lost my lane and my team seems to be winning although most of my other lanes feed we still have the upper hand.

How do I carry my team out of this and how do I ensure that I win? I played some basic champs which are strong for this elo but still cannot understand what I am doing wrong or how I can win the games...

Please take a look at my scores of some of the recent games:
http://imgur.com/bOnVhWO

If you could please explain what I am doing wrong and how to improve that would be great. Perhaps I need to use different champs or play different roles. I am often mid or solo top but it is harder to win if I go top because I do less damage than being a Mid and my team does about 5 damage (or focuses the tank)..

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

P.S. I play solo queue so I am paired with 4 randoms.. I do not know anyone decent to duo with.

Kvoth3 02-06-2013 07:56 PM

Yeah, looks like you are doing well in your lane.

Maybe as mid you could try some ganks top or bot. Her stun is great, and if you are pushing, roam top or bot to check on a gank. Not going to work every game, but occasionally it will pay out. Don't know if you do this or not, but it can help. Also works as top lane, if you are pushed, head mid and put some pressure on their mid to help your AP carry get some gold, even if it's just CS.

Honestly, if you are consistently winning your lane and doing well, just keep playing ranked. It's super frustrating, but we all hit bad runs like this at times.

Keep trying to be a supportive team player in chat, that helps a lot too.

Z The Slayer 02-06-2013 08:05 PM

If you consistently do well in your own lane, packing a teleport as a replacement for your offensive summoner spell can really provide some heavy support to your allies. Even if there's no wards (or minions, in some cases), you can still teleport to your own lane, allowing you to farm more or replenish mana consistently.

Or, if that idea is shot, look into aiding your team by providing some ward coverage. One near dragon or Baron should cover both your side lanes and help keep your own lane safe.

AbiwonKenabi 02-07-2013 11:36 AM

While I know you mentioned you don't know anyone for the job, I would strongly recommend finding a decent duo queue partner. Having someone else as reliable as you on the team increases your chances of winning right there. Have you tried looking on the forums or using one of the League communities like Low Elo? Remember, if it turns out you don't like the person, you don't HAVE to play with them. That's what's nice about the internet ;)

Yucline 02-07-2013 03:04 PM

Many thanks for your replies. I was not aware there was a community for low elo.. The problem is though, I generally play on EU servers (as I am from the EU). I recently moved to the US but have most of my things on EU so due to the time difference it is hard to find players who can work with my time schedule.

I will consider changing my offensive spell for something more team benefiting. Thanks!