League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   DAE think that they should switch Xerath's and Kog'Maw's Ulti's? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3090549)

PakHunt3r 02-05-2013 03:50 PM

DAE think that they should switch Xerath's and Kog'Maw's Ulti's?

I was thinking, why does an ad carry get a better version of an artillery mage's ult, and said artillery mage is pretty much only artillery?

I mean come one
Xerath: gets three shots that do decent damage in an aoe with a semi long cooldown

Kog'Maw: gets a long range poke ability on an uber short cd plus hes an ad carry with prolly one of the best kits imo( he has cc an atk spd buff, an armor and mr debuff, a slow and an aa range increase with % magic damage per hit).

Naturally we would have to change up the numbers, to account for the cd changes

tl:dr:
I think they should switch kog'maws and xerath's ultis, would make more sense lorewise and make xerath much more playable... with numbers balance of course

masterdragon481 02-06-2013 11:44 AM

You are on the right track. But Xerath with Kogmaw's ulti would actually be horrible. As an AP carry, Xerath is dependent on the damage from his ultimate to burst down opponents. In my experience, it takes long enough to burst someone down with Xerath. Now I don't mean his damage is bad, but with the delay that exists on his Q and ulti now, it takes longer than your average mage to kill someone.

If Xerath had kog's ulti, his burst would come out even slower than it does now; or he would be oom before he could kill his target. What Xerath really needs on his ulti is a damn ammo system.

Acanthus 02-06-2013 12:43 PM

Uh, no. Xerath, with max cdr, has his ult on a 21 second cd, and it is pure awesome. Stop trying to fix him when he's not broken.

Galgus 02-06-2013 01:35 PM

Xerath's ult suits him better: its a burst of damage.

As a Xerath mid, I will continue to say that he is an awesome and powerful champion, and the only part of his kit that might need a change is the Passive.

People underestimate how short his ult's CD is, and I think that most people saying Xerath is weak haven't taken the time to learn his unique strengths.

Acanthus 02-06-2013 01:52 PM

(I don't even want his ult to change, rofl.)

PakHunt3r 02-06-2013 02:03 PM

I agree with the fact that his current ult is good, and i like it, but to me it just doesn't feel like it fits with his kit...(at least in my playstyle, I play him as a poke champ not a burst champ).

So when I set up for a siege I want to be able to pump out as much damage as possible without having to wait/relocate for my one skill to come back up, because if i use my ult, then it won't be up for the inevitable team fight that follows.

As for masterdragon481 idea of xerath depending on his ult burst damage to poke someone down, I really dont see xerath as a burst champ, he is supposed to sit outside their range and just keep whittling them down, and if theyre dumb enough to stay, they die, because of the spammability of his damage, sure its not quite as high, but do you guys remember ap kogmaw at all? When I saw froggen playing it, it was scary as ****, granted not everyone is as good as froggen, but still i think the spam would benefit the playstyle of an artillery siege mage more than just three shots every so often....
i dont know just me throwing out ideas to try and get one of my favorite mages back up to snuff... thanks for the responses guys :D

Acanthus 02-06-2013 02:36 PM

I'm good enough at Xerath that I can long-range burst. It's actually really easy. Endgame: w-e-r-q-r-r-q; midgame: w-e-q(risky)-r-r-r-q. Thing is, yeah, sometimes you do have to poke someone down (and before a teamfight, you can do this strongly), but he's also really, really good at bursting someone 100-0 because he can pretty much ignore magic resist. If he were forced into a poke playstyle like ap nidalee and unable to burst because of a dumb rework like that, I would refund the character and the two skins I have of him (limitations be damned, I'd take it to support because that was not what I paid for).

Ikuzou Tensai 02-26-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereticSage (Hozzászólás 34356963)
Uh, no. Xerath, with max cdr, has his ult on a 21 second cd, and it is pure awesome. Stop trying to fix him when he's not broken.

36 s3conds max cdr if im not mistaken since cdr caps 40%.. soo.. if it was 21 seconds then i would be able to roll every poke war/ teamfight and zone immensly hard with roughly 3 kill attempts a minute

GlyphTsen 02-26-2013 02:42 PM

Kog'Maw is sustained Artillery, Xerath is burst Artillery. I don't see that one is better than the other, and as far as Mage vs. Carry I think this is highly appropriate.