League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Akali mid=gg? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3088191)

Sbeck 02-04-2013 11:44 PM

Akali mid=gg?

Well, im a mid player and my main is TF and sometimes i play talon.
The problem is when i have to play vs akali...
She only can be countered on top?I think veigar can kill her easy, but i dont tried yet.
Im here for 2 reasons:
1:Need an advice please...if i hug the turret she kill me too.Shes like a assasin-hibryd-offtank stealth
2:Riot review her please...champions like malzahar and leblanc does burst damage but they got mana, so cant cast spells madly at early.

TealNinje 02-04-2013 11:49 PM

As Twisted Fate: Avoid pushing your lane so she can't get free CS while under tower, and get an early Chalice of Harmony to boost your MR. Whenever she is approaching the minion wave (Pre-6), prep a gold card to scare her away. Use your Q whenever you stun her (or if she's very close to the minion wave, if nothing else then to scare her away.)

As Talon: Combo her and get out. If you don't kill her, don't play with her; she does more damage than you when your cooldowns are going.

Sbeck 02-04-2013 11:55 PM

Thank u.
I still thinking she should got mana

PapstJL4U 02-05-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sbeck (Hozzászólás 34304152)
Thank u.

you can say: plz rework the champion. thats, what you are asking for....

Dumaraz 02-05-2013 07:35 AM

Also--- buy a pink ward, after heading back to base the first-time.

Don't place it until after she leaves to go back once or her second-time, and ONLY after pushing a minion wave so she's unaware that it has been placed.

(She can of course always TAB and view your inventory) but many people don't do it soon enough, and don't expect an EARLY pink-ward.

Let her push your lane close enough to your tower with your pink ward midlane, and then, slam her face in with harass PRE-LV6 or even POST-LV6.

Dumaraz 02-05-2013 07:36 AM

FYI-- early game pink on akali means, she gets harassed for free, and zoned for free, and she's absolutely TRASH pre-lv6.

HateDaddy 02-05-2013 07:47 AM

Just a thought here, if you're not able to overcome her with TF or Talon (don't go Veiger, she'd absolutely wreck him), try somebody like Mord mid. Mordekaiser dumps on her and doesn't care about her shroud. He just presses E and damages her anyway. Cho is also pretty good against her. I'd imagine Galio might do okay as well as Morgana. Anybody with really strong lane pushing power and/or tanky abilities/build pathing can do well against her. Not to mention AoE is her worst nightmare since she has no way to negate it.

Negrojefe 02-05-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sbeck (Hozzászólás 34303913)
She only can be countered on top?I think veigar can kill her easy, but i dont tried yet.
Im here for 2 reasons:
1:Need an advice please...if i hug the turret she kill me too.Shes like a assasin-hibryd-offtank stealth
2:Riot review her please...champions like malzahar and leblanc does burst damage but they got mana, so cant cast spells madly at early.

Swain is one of the biggest Akali counters, if not the biggest one, and is more a mid champ than a top one. Chogal can counter her eaxsily and is used in mid too.

With TF, farm at range and when she jumps on you stun her and get away. Use your ulti to gank other lanes and feed with those other lanes. Call mias. So, do all the thing you must do agaisnt a champ that is powerful against you.

Dumaraz 02-05-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sbeck (Hozzászólás 34303913)
Im here for 2 reasons:

I use Wukong. I never lose to Akali.

Wukong trades harder pre-lv6, and if i have a pink-ward placed pre-lv6 (and i always do) i almost always get 1 kill or more and get a heavy lead on her before lv6.

If i dont kill her, shes heavily zoned/ starved of last-hitting to a point where jungler usually camps me =)

foxfire100 02-05-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sbeck (Hozzászólás 34304152)
Thank u.

I don't think she should get mana, but I think her ult should cost energy.

Energy champions are, contrary to popular belief, much more limited than man champions. They're only limited in a different way.

A mana champions is able to drop every one of their abilities at once if they have enough mana, but if they're out they have to recall and refill.

An energy champion can only drop two abilities before they're out of energy, but if they're out they only have to wait 10 seconds. Therefore energy champions suffer from a universal cooldown.

On Kennen, Shen, or Lee Sin this makes sense. If a Lee Sin were to drop all seven of his abilities then he's do 1500 damage in 0.2 seconds at level 6. That's just unreasonable. So instead he has to pick any 2 of those abilities, use those, wait. It forces him to plan his moves much more carefully. What's more important, re-activating your Q to jump in, or shielding your ally?

On Akali she doesn't have to make this decision, though. Her ultimate is not only a LONG-range dash, but does more damage than any of her other attacks AND is free. And did I mention she can cast it 3 times in a row and, if she gets a kill OR ASSIST, she can cast it again?

This one ability is the reason Akali seems so ridiculously OP. She doesn't just use her ulti to jump into a fight, but uses it twice more from point-blank range just for the damage and then since she got the kill she can use it a fourth time to dash out to an enemy minion for safety.

If her ultimate had an energy cooldown then dashing in would limit her ability to burst with all of her other skills. It would also give her a reason to bait enemies into her range rather than mindlessly diving under their turrets time and time again. And more importantly - it would prevent her from using her ultimate four times in quick succession.

I wouldn't recommend a HUGE energy cost, because without her ultimate Akali is barely viable in any lane. Probably 25 energy per cast. Just enough that if she used her ultimate 3 times and her cloud she wouldn't have enough left to drop both her Q and her E.

And if anyone wishes to respond to this with "noobs don't know how to counter Akali, Akali ez, always loses higher ELO" or similar comments that I see every time anyone recommends a nerf, let me just point out:

BabyZeus is currently the only summoner in the league to reach the challenger tier. He has played Akali more than any other champion. In fact, his second-most-played champion (Lulu) he has played 1/3 as often. And his win rate with Akali? Near 60%