League of Legends Community
12345 ... 10

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Do you think Riven is unviable right now? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3088073)

Azurlite 02-04-2013 09:56 PM

Do you think Riven is unviable right now?

Riven main here, just would like to say her early/mid game has been severely decimated by the new Warmogs meta and by her recent nerfs.

There's pretty much no way to build her at the current moment without getting dumped on by any other bruiser that rushes a Warmogs, her base values are pretty weak and she relies on AD to fuel her damage, so that's a no go. So right now her early game is weak and her late game is mediocre at best, which is near impossible to reach with a very weak early game.

Right now her win rate is 46.8 % and I believe it will drop down to as low as 40-45 % Win Rate as more and more people catch on to the Warmogs. Not sure if it's just me or if any other Riven players are encountering the same problem, we have no itemization towards having a fighting chance against the Warmogs meta. You can't even use BotRK either primarily due to the fact the % damage is physical and it scales off the opponent's current HP.

There's nothing Riven can do unless she gets up 3 kills from your jungler camping, but that can easily be reverted from 1 gank that gets you killed.

TL;DR: Warmogs counters every aspect of Riven and works for basically every top laner except for herself due to her abilities having low bases with high AD ratios. Players with Warmogs won't notice a Riven doing any damage to them until about 45 minutes in the game if the lane was equal.

bob000 02-04-2013 10:34 PM

Have you considered building ad on her?

Azurlite 02-04-2013 10:36 PM

Health > AD, kind of the point here. No items for Riven to utilize since lifesteal has been nerfed and you can't outsustain someone with all that hp now.

Blaze KIsiragi 02-04-2013 10:36 PM

I countered the nerf to her hp regen by starting with the two beads from the tiamat build-into, and 3 health potions.

This gives her as much sustain as it did in season 2, and with the new items and masteries, placing 25 points in defense and 5 in attack gives her enough output to be a threat.

I got a quad by doing this and walked away with half health at 25 minutes in the game.

Irelia Bot 02-04-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaze KIsiragi (Hozzászólás 34303776)
I countered the nerf to her hp regen by starting with the two beads from the tiamat build-into, and 3 health potions.

This gives her as much sustain as it did in season 2, and with the new items and masteries, placing 25 points in defense and 5 in attack gives her enough output to be a threat.

I got a quad by doing this and walked away with half health at 25 minutes in the game.

That might solve part of the problem at the cost of less mobility, but there is the other issue of Warmogs making her unable to get kills and snowball into a dominate force during the game.

If BofRK were to do 3% of max damage from the initial physical damage on every spell/basic attack it would solve most of the current issues but that is not the case.

The other option is to change her passive to be more like Elise's Neurotoxin doing a base damage and low % current health and having a scaling % current health ratio such as 2% for every 100AD.

Blaze KIsiragi 02-04-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soulbladez (Hozzászólás 34304162)
That might solve part of the problem at the cost of less mobility, but there is the other issue of Warmogs making her unable to get kills and snowball into a dominate force during the game.

If BofRK were to do 3% of max damage from the initial physical damage on every spell/basic attack it would solve most of the current issues but that is not the case.

The other option is to change her passive to be more like Elise's Neurotoxin doing a base damage and low % current health and having a scaling % current health ratio such as 2% for every 100AD.

Or even going so far as to turning her passive damage into damage based upon health. I think it would completely fix a lot if not all problems with her late game sustain. But what does fix this in tandem with armor/mr glyphs/ seals, and ad/level marks and flat quints.

Placing the health and such in your defense tree while taking reduced damage from champions make her rather amazing early game. I forced a fiora out of lane so hard that i snowballed, forcing a twenty minute surrender and going 10/1.

I completely dominated a fiora, which is supposed to be one of rivens counters, or used to be.

Just thought id throw it out there.

Welcome2HookCity 02-04-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azures Edge (Hozzászólás 34302854)
Riven main here, just would like to say her early/mid game has been severely decimated by the new Warmogs meta and by her recent nerfs.

There's pretty much no way to build her at the current moment without getting dumped on by any other bruiser that rushes a Warmogs, her base values are pretty weak and she relies on AD to fuel her damage, so that's a no go. So right now her early game is weak and her late game is mediocre at best, which is near impossible to reach with a very weak early game.

Right now her win rate is 46.8 % and I believe it will drop down to as low as 40-45 % Win Rate as more and more people catch on to the Warmogs. Not sure if it's just me or if any other Riven players are encountering the same problem, we have no itemization towards having a fighting chance against the Warmogs meta. You can't even use BotRK either primarily due to the fact the % damage is physical and it scales off the opponent's current HP.

There's nothing Riven can do unless she gets up 3 kills from your jungler camping, but that can easily be reverted from 1 gank that gets you killed.

TL;DR: Warmogs counters every aspect of Riven and works for basically every top laner except for herself due to her abilities having low bases with high AD ratios. Players with Warmogs won't notice a Riven doing any damage to them until about 45 minutes in the game if the lane was equal.

Riven is fine noob, you are not a riven main so please dont lie :/ you look ridiculous

Blaze KIsiragi 02-04-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaseDatJayce NZ (Hozzászólás 34304577)
Riven is fine noob, you are not a riven main so please dont lie :/ you look ridiculous

How about i just report you and move on.

please dont come here and insult me simply because i stated a fact, and so did azures edge, one of the best rivens ive ever known. Please excuse yourself.

Azurlite 02-04-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaseDatJayce NZ (Hozzászólás 34304577)

I'm sorry, I'll take my 500+ Riven games elsewhere, do I need 1k to be a Riven main?

Irelia Bot 02-04-2013 11:25 PM

The other option is to target the said item that is causing problems. Warmogs needs to be a stacking item again.