League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Need a third jungle champ! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3087767)

EhWall 02-04-2013 08:26 PM

Need a third jungle champ!

So I normally have 3 strong champs that I play well for each lane. Lately I've been doing a lot of jungling and I often find that my 2 main junglers ( lee sin and noc) either get banned or picked before I can take them.

I came to the forums because I wanted to get some suggestion on a third jungler to practice with. I have tried a few but haven't gotten comfortable with with any yet.

I tried skarner and Olaf and xin but they just don't play well in my hands. Any suggestions on a jungler that has good clear time without being health starved? And that can get some early gank presence??

AWildRaticate 02-04-2013 08:29 PM

Vi can clear pretty quickly and has respectable ganks early, totally vicious, ball-busting ganks once she gets her ult. Naut has the best ganks ever, but is a bit slower and lower on HP through his clears until you get a couple items on him. Trundle has fast clears and amazing sustain, but his ganks leave something to be desired.

Cards and Dice 02-04-2013 08:31 PM

Hm, the two that come to mind for me are Maokai and Jax.

Maokai is actually boss, the snare can really help out in ganks. I've been in both the giving and receiving ends of this to tell about it. All you have go do is start out at blue, spam saplings starting at 1:21 on the game timer, and enjoy the jungling.

If you like a champ that is good if played by a good jungler, try jungle Jax. His Leap Strike and Counter Strike together almost act like Maokai's W, and Empower goes for lots of burst and auto attack resets. The problem is the first two monster camps, since you have no sustain and you will find yourself in danger of dying to those monsters. But the clear time shouldn't be that bad.

ashtray4joo 02-05-2013 02:43 AM

Maoki is not a bad choice, but he's more of a utility jungler meaning that he alone will not do enough to kill anybody, except extremely low life champs not paying attention, so you have got to have a competent team.

SHyvanna and Hec are good for counter jungling and are solid picks as well.

Onimus Terlain 02-05-2013 03:51 AM

I’ll give you a rundown of my favorite junglers and their strengths and weaknesses.

1.) Maokai.
Strengths: His clears and sustain are strong. His ganks are SUPER strong. He can tank very well and he has a lot of CC. Decent counter jungler and one of the few remaining champs that can reliably gank at level 2.

Weaknesses: Late game, he can only snare one person, so he’s not that great for initiation. His damage disappears after the 20 minute mark. You are a glorified support champ who is incapable of chasing down and killing anyone, essentially.

2.) Jarvan
Strengths: His ganks are very strong. He is a carry killer. He can dive the enemy carry and trap him for your team to collapse on them. His ultimate is the single most effective flash buster in the entire game. He’s tanky and gets a lot of free stats/damage from his passives.

Weaknesses: He can’t really carry a game. Late game he is great at targeting one champ, but more times than not he will die in his cataclysm, therefore you rely on your team to clean up. He doesn’t have good sustain his first time through the jungle.

3.) Hecarim
Strengths: His ganks are stupid strong. Run in, turn your E on. Run behind them, knock them back into your teammate, turn on your W and just start spamming Q. It’ll pop their flash and possibly get them killed even if they flash. And that’s just his pre 6 ganks. Level 6 ganks are the equivalent of a Malphite level 6 gank on steroids. He can build tanky and still deal plenty of damage and his mobility and chasing power is off the charts. He snowballs out of control unless shut down.

Weaknesses: Very susceptible to counter jungling early. He takes a lot of damage in the jungle early and can’t really duel. Due to his lack of ability to duel, he isn’t really a counter jungler. He can counter jungle quickly if he sees the jungler on the opposite side of the map, and his E lets him escape pretty well, but if he tries to go looking for the enemy jungle, he’s in trouble. Due to his snowball nature, he’s kind of a hit or miss pick, but he hits much more often than he misses.

My absolute favorite jungler is Hecarim and he is essentially never banned (less than 1% banned). And given your penchant for liking tanky damage dealers like Lee and Nocturne, you will like Hecarim the most of all the other junglers, I think.

Hope that helps.

kavinh the third 02-05-2013 09:38 AM

try zed he can't go bruiser so u have to build him pure damage but he clears camps like crazy also his ganks are weak but once u get ur ult is basically a garanteed kill if u jump their mid or bot lane.

omegam0 02-05-2013 09:40 AM

I would say sejuani, decent clear times, tanky, tons of soft cc, a stun in her ult. Season 3 helped her a ton. Also she rarely gets picked and never banned. people still think she is horrible due to her reputation in season 2. Seriously, try her out.

ninjamanjoseph 02-05-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onimus Terlain (Hozzászólás 34308316)
I’ll give you a rundown of my favorite junglers and their strengths and weaknesses.

1.) Maokai.
Strengths: His clears and sustain are strong. His ganks are SUPER strong. He can tank very well and he has a lot of CC. Decent counter jungler and one of the few remaining champs that can reliably gank at level 2.

Weaknesses: Late game, he can only snare one person, so he’s not that great for initiation. His damage disappears after the 20 minute mark. You are a glorified support champ who is incapable of chasing down and killing anyone, essentially.

2.) Jarvan
Strengths: His ganks are very strong. He is a carry killer. He can dive the enemy carry and trap him for your team to collapse on them. His ultimate is the single most effective flash buster in the entire game. He’s tanky and gets a lot of free stats/damage from his passives.

Weaknesses: He can’t really carry a game. Late game he is great at targeting one champ, but more times than not he will die in his cataclysm, therefore you rely on your team to clean up. He doesn’t have good sustain his first time through the jungle.

3.) Hecarim
Strengths: His ganks are stupid strong. Run in, turn your E on. Run behind them, knock them back into your teammate, turn on your W and just start spamming Q. It’ll pop their flash and possibly get them killed even if they flash. And that’s just his pre 6 ganks. Level 6 ganks are the equivalent of a Malphite level 6 gank on steroids. He can build tanky and still deal plenty of damage and his mobility and chasing power is off the charts. He snowballs out of control unless shut down.

Weaknesses: Very susceptible to counter jungling early. He takes a lot of damage in the jungle early and can’t really duel. Due to his lack of ability to duel, he isn’t really a counter jungler. He can counter jungle quickly if he sees the jungler on the opposite side of the map, and his E lets him escape pretty well, but if he tries to go looking for the enemy jungle, he’s in trouble. Due to his snowball nature, he’s kind of a hit or miss pick, but he hits much more often than he misses.

My absolute favorite jungler is Hecarim and he is essentially never banned (less than 1% banned). And given your penchant for liking tanky damage dealers like Lee and Nocturne, you will like Hecarim the most of all the other junglers, I think.

Hope that helps.

Do you even Nunu

Pizzatime89 02-05-2013 05:17 PM

I recommend jarvan, he has some strong ganks and can level 2 gank really well but gets low in the jungle early on. If you dont like jarv, i would go nunu. hes really strong early on and barely anyone can solo him early on. but hes like maokai in that he has a strong game early on but falls off at the 20 minute mark. i would go jarv if they have a weak jungle or nunu if they have a strong counter jungle.

Alvan Yakatori 02-05-2013 05:38 PM

Try hec, mumu, or seguani. They are my best jungles.