League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Anyone else dislike the new Annie "upgrade"? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3082876)

GrandDuchessGrey 02-03-2013 06:42 PM

Anyone else dislike the new Annie "upgrade"?

The skipping animation is horrible. It isn't fluid like before - she "skips" as if she's walking on the moon and the position of her shoulders as she does so is just plain WEIRD.

Much more difficult to see what you're hitting/AoE with the new animations for Disintegrate and Incinerate.

She isn't cute anymore. She looks like some sulky tween.

Do not like.

Ralfazar 02-03-2013 07:12 PM

She DOES NOT SKIP anymore, I don't care what anyone says, just watch ANY footage of preVU annie and compare it to the VU, she moon walks now. I also hate how they removed her skip, would really like to see a response as to WHY.

RadiantWings 02-03-2013 07:27 PM

Her spells have very audible sounds that are like twice the volume of what they were before. It's kind of annoying and it sounds like her disintegrate is actually throwing solid balls of fire at them when it was fine before.

Alvan Yakatori 02-03-2013 07:32 PM

I did not see any problems visually with annie other than her passive before the upgrade.

Folly Inc 02-03-2013 07:35 PM

I approve of her remake.

I think -all- of her new animations are a significant improvement to her old ones. Her skipping is very elegant, and alludes to her being more than a simple child because it's not a normal skip.

PS. It is a skip, it looks like a skip, it acts like a skip, and if you were on the moon, it would -still- be a skip.

Her age is more appropriate to here lore, and no, she does not look older than 10, and that's being generous. Which brings me to my next point, her visual remake accurately depicts "The Dark Child" MUCH more significantly than her old appearance did. For this reason specifically, approve of the visual remake.

GlyphTsen 02-03-2013 07:36 PM

I think you're just upset that you weren't invited to Tibber's Tea Party.

No, but seriously, I think, in terms of polygon count, particle detail and visual acuity, it is a definite upgrade. I do agree that she doesn't look "adorable" anymore and that's very unfortunate.

I haven't had any problems with her spell animations. It looks pretty clear to me what you're hitting, and the new Incinerate is far, far better than the old in this regard (note: I tend to play on low detail, because my computer is old and horrible). I also haven't experienced the audio problems that others have reported, but I'm sure they're there.

Ralfazar 02-03-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Folly Inc (Hozzászólás 34257346)
I approve of her remake.

I think -all- of her new animations are a significant improvement to her old ones. Her skipping is very elegant, and alludes to her being more than a simple child because it's not a normal skip.

PS. It is a skip, it looks like a skip, it acts like a skip, and if you were on the moon, it would -still- be a skip.

Her age is more appropriate to here lore, and no, she does not look older than 10, and that's being generous. Which brings me to my next point, her visual remake accurately depicts "The Dark Child" MUCH more significantly than her old appearance did. For this reason specifically, approve of the visual remake.

I think you should take another look at her walk animation she isn't skipping she is walking, skipping would entail her back foot hitting the ground twice like she did on her old model, she now takes moon walk steps, her 'skipping' arm swing animation covers it up, use revive or I guess ghost as well and watch it again it becomes horribly obvious they removed her skip entirely.

MrSnitches 02-03-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralfazar (Hozzászólás 34257730)
I think you should take another look at her walk animation she isn't skipping she is walking, skipping would entail her back foot hitting the ground twice like she did on her old model, she now takes moon walk steps, her 'skipping' arm swing animation covers it up, use revive or I guess ghost as well and watch it again it becomes horribly obvious they removed her skip entirely.

I see butthurt, lots of butthurt.

Eunson 02-03-2013 09:23 PM

her run animation is astronaut teemo

Ralfazar 02-03-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSnitches (Hozzászólás 34260699)
I see butthurt, lots of butthurt.

It's sad that you are fine with downgrading instead of upgrading or makin things better. Must have a really poor outlook on life.