League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   how to build ezreal? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3082080)

MudWrestleMeIRL 02-03-2013 02:28 PM

how to build ezreal?

I recently bought him and I'm looking forward to trying him out but I don't really know his general build. Any information would be greatly appreciated :)

FlowyS 02-03-2013 02:50 PM

Start - Doran's Blade
Boots - Berzerker Greaves
Core - Trinity Force

Offensive - Bloodthrister, Last Whisper, Black Cleaver
Defensive - Mercuial Scimtar, Banshee's Veil, Guardian Angel

Also, the Recommended Build isn't too bad either if you know what you are doing.

Burntfish44 02-03-2013 03:48 PM

Just use judgement and look up guides

the items that seem essential (or most popular) right now are bloodthirster and iceborn gauntlet, and last whisper later on.

Outlawer 02-03-2013 04:17 PM

If you're looking for some builds or guides, just go to www.mobafire.com

PracticalPotato 02-03-2013 07:21 PM

I don't like taking Trinity Force on him that much anymore. It gives you everything but everything might not be what you want.

I prefer to just go straight for a Bloodthirster since it gives him such a boost to his AD that he basically gets the Trinity Force proc damage on a Q and autoattack. It's stronger in a longer engagement. Then you basically just get normal ADC items. Honestly, he's not THAT unique.

Of course, if you want to go for more of a ranged AD bruiser, I'd recommend Iceborn Gauntlet.

Best Knar Africa 02-04-2013 03:03 PM

I start boots pots for sustain and movement speed, go back at 900+ gold usually for double doran's blades for a little sustain and health and ad, when fed, go back at 1600+ for B.F. Sword, or Sheen. Then, I rush bloodthirster, and infinity edge. I get berserker greaves along the way, and sell one doran blade for guardian angel end game.

FlowyS 02-04-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PracticalPotato (Hozzászólás 34259198)
I don't like taking Trinity Force on him that much anymore. It gives you everything but everything might not be what you want.

I prefer to just go straight for a Bloodthirster since it gives him such a boost to his AD that he basically gets the Trinity Force proc damage on a Q and autoattack. It's stronger in a longer engagement. Then you basically just get normal ADC items. Honestly, he's not THAT unique.

Of course, if you want to go for more of a ranged AD bruiser, I'd recommend Iceborn Gauntlet.

I prefer Trinity Force probably because I run Wanderer and Movement Quints. Preference is also based on runes and masteries. Trinity Force + super movement speed = a strong combo for me. If you run more of a 21/9/0 mastery, I could think Iceborn Gauntlet is better.

xM1SS1NGxN0x 02-04-2013 04:24 PM

plz do not listen to these people, listen to me. This build will make sure you have damage no matter what happens in game.

start, eithe long sword and 2 pots, boots 3 (against cait this helps and farm), or dorans blade but i prefer the long sword and I'll tell you why.

Generally, especially in solo Q I play ez as a reactionary type adc, ez loves being focused, then E'ing away and messing peoples faces, you don't need to be the aggressor, you need to get your farm, get your 2 major items and make them pull out their hair in teamfights.

first buy back, either just buy a bf sword, or get your boots 1 and complete your vamp scepter.

don't worry about boots 2 for awhile.

finish bt first, HOPEFULLY completed in laning phase but the game is getting faster and faster (thx korea) so this is a balanced approached.

anways to make this simple,

Bloodthirster, then go straight for your iE, get your boots 2

If your team is behind, go straight for LW becuz odds are you are gna get focused by some fed bruiser, but look at their items, if they are stacking health, don't get lw so early.

If you are equal, or ahead, get your static shv, it is great for poking with your Q, and a great item for EZ all around.

SO..

Vamp scep> boots > Bloodthirster > iE > Static Shv > Guardian Angel > Last Whisper

do that build and unlike most ezreals under gold you will have damage all game, you really need to get that iE tho.

FlowyS 02-04-2013 07:13 PM

^ For your build, I recommend swapping Bloodthrister for Phantom Dancer. If you want make Infinity Edge and Static Shiv stronger, Phantom Dancer does it better than Bloodthrister. The increase in damage and movement due to Phantom Dancer far outweighs the life steal from Bloodthrister (Plus, Phantom Dancer is cheaper). Don't forget that movement speed is both offensive and defensive, letting you easily escape or initate. Build synergy, or how items you have help one another, is also very important.

I recommended building IE first, then Phantom Dancer, then Shiv in that order to make full use of Static Shiv. Ghost is better than Flash when using a Static Shiv build and Ezreal already has a built in Flash. Ghost + Arcane Shift is a stronger combination than Flash + Arcane Shift for a Static Shiv build.

The disadvantage with your build is that your Mystic Shots won't proc a Phage effect without red, unlike Trinity Force or Iceborn Gauntlet build. Therefore, the Static Shiv build really needs red. Also, the Shiv build is weaker in pokes when compared to a Muramana and Trinity Force build. No one build is better than the other. All builds have strengths and weaknesses; it is how you maximize the strengths and minimize the weakness that makes a build shine.