League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 23

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Knockback & Knockup changes this patch (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3075392)

Xelnath 02-02-2013 08:10 AM

Knockback & Knockup changes this patch

Hey guys,

Back in December, I did some work to clean-up all knockups and knockbacks in the game. Knockups should no longer make you forget your move command and are now easier for designers to setup correctly.

We sent it out for some extensive testing and caught most of the issues, but clearly a couple slipped through. These are my fault, so I apologize and want to fix them.

Here's the ones I know about:
  • Jarvan IV's Q knockup is 0.5 sec instead of 0.75
  • Lulu's R is graphically knocking up too high

Here's the ones I've heard about, but haven't confirmed:
  • Zyra's R is graphically knocking up too high, but the duration is correct

In addition, I found a bug on Alistar's Headbutt which caused players to be stunned for a long time if punted into a wall. I fixed it after a short discussion with some members of the design team.

Naturally, it's not cool for a changes like this to happen without getting patch noted, so I've setup a hotfix to do the following:
  1. Add 0.25 sec to Jarvan IV's Q knockup
  2. Reduce Lulu's R knockup height back to its pre 3.01 value
  3. Add a flat 0.5 sec stun back to Alistar's Headbutt

Because it is the weekend and we want to test any changes, the hotfix won't happen right away. However, I wanted to take a moment to publicly acknowledge these changes and ask you guys to look for any other knockup issues you feel have cropped up since this patch.

Thanks for your patience,
Alex

the treekicker 02-02-2013 08:11 AM

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up!

Angel the Dragon 02-02-2013 08:12 AM

good guy xelnath

HASHTAGPANTSU 02-02-2013 08:12 AM

Woot.

Tetramaster 02-02-2013 08:12 AM

Wait wait wait.

You mean people weren't supposed to be "stunned' for the duration of travel whenever you headbutted them into a wall that stopped the entire time of travel?

Ooooooooo, that makes surviving a good alistar a lot easier x.x

Clockmaker 02-02-2013 08:13 AM

so punting people into a wall with alistar no longer "stuns" them eh?

Zerglinator 02-02-2013 08:13 AM

So what other things were cleaned up in these fixes? Will we no longer have people launched into orbit? Will corpses no longer knock up every time they leave and reenter your vision? Will Lee Sin's kick now continue to launch back the champion even if they die to the ult?

DeadlyScarce 02-02-2013 08:14 AM

Thanks

EnigmaticShark 02-02-2013 08:14 AM

Good to know, thanks for the info

Eddy01741 02-02-2013 08:16 AM

So Jarvan's knockup duration isn't as long as it should be, meaning soon he will have a buffed knockup, nice!

Now if we could just fix the 50+ ult bugs on Jarvan....