League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Are MS quints worth it? (Jungling) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3074780)

Czim 02-02-2013 03:07 AM

Are MS quints worth it? (Jungling)

Probably a stupid question but I'm not the most experienced jungler or anything. Is it worth getting the movement speed quints for jungling?

MoonAlien7 02-02-2013 04:01 AM

I'm not the most experienced jungler either, but I definitely say it is extremely viable on a few champions; a) because their base movement sucks, b) because there aren't too many other options quint-wise. I'm sure you've heard that runes definitely pamper your early game, and theres nothing like movement speed ones to help you journey the jungle and ganks early.

Kensai07 02-02-2013 05:44 AM

I like to run either Armor AD or HP myself. (Armor/HP on most tanky junglers, AD explains itself)

I haven't jungled since slight reduction on jungle mob HP much, so it may be worth it for movespeed again.

Sereg Anfaug 02-02-2013 07:46 AM

I run either MS or LS(or AP for junglers like Amumu or Fiddle who clear with abilities).

I take LS when my clear leaves my health too low to gank without backing otherwise, and MS if not. MS remains far more viable then LS as the game progresses, and is extremely important on champions without gap closers that need to get in close to be effective, like Udyr or Skarner.

SeCKS Egai 02-02-2013 07:47 AM

It's really just a matter of pref - you can always do the math and see if it actually make a worthwhile difference for ya.

doomed2death 02-02-2013 08:29 AM

MS is good for everyone. literally everyone. Which is why it's a pretty efficient buy in that aspect.

Is it worth it? 3 of them is almost a free Phantom Dancer's worth of MS. They allow you to move through the jungle faster and be a better chaser. Also, initiating can be tough if you can't get in range in time but that will be solved somewhat with MS Quints. And, once you get boots, you'll have a noticeable speed advantage over anyone not running MS quints.

PikaRioCed 02-02-2013 10:05 AM

MS quints are extremely important when jungling on almost any tanky/supporty jungler.

A few examples:

Alistar, Cho Gath, Maokai, Warwick, Nautilus, Udyr, Amumu

At least the way I see it! There's a lot of personal preference involved.

M4nTiCoR3 02-02-2013 12:07 PM

I have used them a lot on ww and am considering other choices. The ms is not enough to chase anyone down pre 6, and after that you have your passive speed buff and R to help close. Life steal could negate the need for pots and other options might grant faster clear times like as or ad.

I'm really intrieged by life steal. Once I get a vamp sceptar I can clear all camps at full health. Starting with 9% from quints and mastery has potential to free up my early item choices and make counter jungling or 1v1 dueling more viable early.

I'll try it out and let you know what I think soon.

Schtauffenz 02-02-2013 01:37 PM

I like MS quints on Olaf, personally. Anything to help with ganks imo

Uncanny Doom 02-03-2013 01:46 AM

Early on if you're just learning jungle or something you don't need it but it's very important to have when you start taking the role more seriously. Just consider the amount of time the jungler spends moving all over the map. MS quints are essential for most junglers.