League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Nerfs and buffs (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3068593)

Getrix2121 02-01-2013 08:13 AM

Nerfs and buffs

I don't think any champion should need a Nerf or a buff right now. Everyone has their own way of playing a champion and when you Nerf that champion everything is ruined. I've played a lot of games and think all the champions are fine how they are, just because you play against a champion and lose to him/her doesn't mean they need a Nerf.. It mainly is how the summoner plays that champion. You just need to know how to counter the plays. I've watched voyboy stream and he can counter pretty much every champion... So all these Nerf's are ruining how some summoners play.

Peligrad 02-01-2013 08:27 AM

There are tons of champions that need buffs.

There are at least 20 champions that have not been represented in a tourny for a year...

Good indication that they need a buff...

Then you look at Olaf, Shen, Amumu, MF, and a few others...and you see 100% picked or banned...

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who's strong and who is not...

If you put me up against a fresh level 1 person who has no idea what they are doing, I can make any champion look strong too... what one person can do against others who are less skilled has no bearing on "balance".

Odynoll 02-01-2013 08:36 AM

All champions are fine? So that's why we see so many tournament matches with Heimerdinger, Poppy, Sejuani, Karma, Tryndamere, Fiora, Master Yi, Nasus, Sion, Veigar, Xerath, Volibear...well, I think you get my point now. It's a simple fact that no game will be perfectly balanced unless everything is the same, same champs, items etc. There are champions that need buffs and ones that need nerfs and even some that need reworks, and there always will be. The constantly changing balance is part of what keeps the game interesting.

Negrojefe 02-01-2013 08:40 AM

I disagree.

Nasus is an example of a champ that needs a buff or a revamp of some of its skills.
Ashe needs a revamp of her passive.

Those are only two examples.

The problem is that many champs have their kit outdated.

Since around mid S2, too many champs got VERY strong gap closers, making skills like ashes q and nasus w much less powerful, and therefore turning a balanced champ into UP ones.

Jumps, flashes, dashes, all round everywhere turned some champs obsolete.

Champs that dont have strong gap closers or strong escape mechanism are now generally UP (unless something in their kit compensates them, or unless you have a team built around the particular champions strengths).

Also, cc is now more proliferant, so the champs that were bqlanced into doing less damage of being more squishy because they had great cc, now are UP.

Very few old champs are viable in a hig level of play nowadays.

BTW, the "buff" Nasus received this patch is a joke.