League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Riot, Ever thought of Player Moderators on LoL? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3068282)

1v5 or AFK 02-01-2013 07:19 AM

Riot, Ever thought of Player Moderators on LoL?

****PLEASE READ ALL THREAD BEFORE STATING UR OPINION, THANKS.*******

Hello Riot Employees & Summoners,

As we are of this day, we all witness in our games (Either ranked or normal) a lot of abusive players/Intentional Feeders/Trolls/AFKers etc.... and I for one it really gets on my nerves, and also (i wont say half,quarters since i don't know the exact figures) some reports that head to the tribunal of abusive players get away with it.....which mean evil won and the justice lost.

Well, since the age of 10, i started playing MMOs that consists of millions and millions of players, one of them was runescape.

Well runescape had a system called "Player morderator" which players would be picked to actually help out as volunteering to save the community .

Player moderators should be able to:
- PRIOR reports, which is taken care off from riot directly, for more efficiency.

Player morderators are not capable of :

- helping you in account related issues.(its always the support forum: support.leagueoflegends.com

-MUTING/BANNING people from their decisions.

How should Player morderators be picked:

- Never been banned for over a year( not lifetime, since a player might stopped and turned a good player)
-Has 100 honorable opponent/teamwork *ATLEAST*

-Has been a LoL player for over a year.
-An active casual LoL Player(we don't want player mods that get on only on weekends,right?)

Since player morderators are volunteers , they should be granted :
-A summoner icon written on it "Player Mod" with some cool design on it
-Their name will be in Gold in game and In PVP.net
-Riot logo symbol next to their name written on it :M (for moderator)

Well what do YOU think?

My opinion is its a really good idea and we will witness less and less trolls/abusive players and the game will really be better

AND in case of abusive mod,

1 report on the mod and if it is true he gets demoted and becomes on the blacklist for player mod;never be able to qualify.

Thank you for reading the post and i hope riot employees will be debating on the post.

Sincerely,

-------------1v5 or AFK---------

1v5 or AFK 02-01-2013 07:20 AM

bump

BlueQuail 02-01-2013 07:21 AM

Called the Tribunal. We send them there. We escalate their accounts to get banned or warnings, we moderate the game somewhat.

ADCisMyReligion 02-01-2013 07:21 AM

Will never work.

A better idea would be for Riot to actually moderate their own game. How about some Employee Moderators before we get into player mods.

Bailey The Roper 02-01-2013 07:22 AM

I think it's handled fairly well. Personally I will cry if riot takes anything from runescape as that game went right down the toilet

Volksworgan 02-01-2013 07:23 AM

1. Player mods could never ban in RuneScape, only mute.
2. If a player has EVER been banned they should have 0 chance of becoming a mod.
3. 100 honor/teamwork is stupid easy to get.
4. While this idea could work in theory, the only people worthy of it are at an ELO so high they will not be able to help the problems you are stating.

1v5 or AFK 02-01-2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wugsy (Hozzászólás 34140267)
I think it's handled fairly well. Personally I will cry if riot takes anything from runescape as that game went right down the toilet

Ik runescape is bad now, but im taking the positive one of it,

You guys are missing the point, if they see a mod in the game THEY WONT GO ON with the afk/troll/etc...thats what happened on runescape

Eleshakai 02-01-2013 07:24 AM

I want Riot to handle discipline, not random people with no sense of accountability.

Jamaree 02-01-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xetios (Hozzászólás 34140260)
Will never work.

A better idea would be for Riot to actually moderate their own game. How about some Employee Moderators before we get into player mods.

You do realize how many games are played a day right?

1v5 or AFK 02-01-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleshakai (Hozzászólás 34140377)
I want Riot to handle discipline, not random people with no sense of accountability.

thats a great idea, for a 100 player average game, your talkin bout millions of logins daily which goes with 5 million games daily, you think riot 50-100 employees will be able to monitor all of those games?