League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   @Riot & community, I would like your input on CC reduction and Tenacity interaction (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3067426)

kercmerk 01-31-2013 10:15 PM

@Riot & community, I would like your input on CC reduction and Tenacity interaction

Myself and two friends are currently in an on-going discussion regarding the interaction between Tenacity and crowd control reduction passives/abilities, and while we put it on hold for awhile, the season 3 patch notes gave is a reason to bring it up again.

The patch notes stated:

Tenacity now appears on the character sheet as a stat.
-All champions with abilities that reduce the duration of disabling effects now gain tenacity instead.
---e.g. Singed, Trundle, Irelia, Garen, etc.
-Champion tenacity stacks with item tenacity, mastery tenacity and cleanse.

Tenacity (items to be exact) provide the wearer with reduced effects of crowd control, be it a stun, snare, fear, etc.

Irelia's (the only champion I'm focusing on in this discussion) passive provides her with reduced effects of crowd control -- however, her passive is not titled "Tenacity", only "crowd control reduction".

My reasoning for the two being named differently was to avoid confusion between the interaction of Tenacity items and champion passives that provide said champion with crowd control reduction. Thus, Irelia's passive is still considered Tenacity regardless of not being titled "tenacity" in the tool tip.

The patch notes state Irelia's passive will now be considered as Tenacity.

However...

Irelia's passive doesn't provide all of the same benefits that Tenacity does.

Ionian Fervor: Reduces the duration of stuns, slows, taunts, fears, snares, immobilizes, blinds and silences for each nearby enemy champion.

Unique – Tenacity: Reduces the duration of stuns, slows, taunts, fears, silences, blinds and immobilizes.

As you can see, Ionian Fervor provides Irelia with reduced duration of snares, and Tenacity provides the champion with reduced duration of silences. Either this is a tool tip error or they are actually different elements.

However (again...)

As soon as the season 3 patch hits, Irelia's passive will be considered as Tenacity. Does this mean that her passive will be changed to accommodate silences as opposed to snares, or will her passive remain the same (in other words, different from Tenacity) but still be considered and counted as Tenacity.

To defend my points:

Irelias passive differs slighty from Tenacity, however, is still considered Tenacity. It was simply kept as "CC reduction" to avoid the confusion regarding the interaction of tenacity items and passive, and how they stack.

To defend my friends points:

Irelia's passive provides CC reduction, but not Tenacity. Although Tenacity provides CC reduction, they are different, that is why they have different names.

What we both want to know is, is Irelia's passive getting adjusted to match Tenacity, or has her passive always been considered Tenacity, it just provides different stats for balance reasons, and titled differently to avoid confusion?

RIOT PLS

TheMagicCactus 01-31-2013 10:20 PM

Riot pls

kercmerk 01-31-2013 10:30 PM

Morello I summon thee!

Ralik098 01-31-2013 11:13 PM

Interesting, never knew that.

JebusChrist666 01-31-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kercmerk (Hozzászólás 34128424)
Morello I summon thee!

Why do you want to see more Irelia nerfs....

Irelia Carries U 01-31-2013 11:42 PM

Oh I didn't notice that after 300 ranked games with her, gj

Meddler 01-31-2013 11:50 PM

Hmm, I'll give this a check tomorrow when I'm at the office. If I had to guess I'd suspect that this was just a case of misleading tooltips and that both helped against the same effects, will confirm one way or the other though.

DrTemptragon 02-01-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kercmerk (Hozzászólás 34128027)
Ionian Fervor: Reduces the duration of stuns, slows, taunts, fears, snares, immobilizes, blinds and silences for each nearby enemy champion.

As you can see, Ionian Fervor provides Irelia with reduced duration of snares, and Tenacity provides the champion with reduced duration of silences. Either this is a tool tip error or they are actually different elements.

*coughs*

I believe they're the same thing and that the tooltips are inaccurate, regardless.

kercmerk 02-01-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meddler (Hozzászólás 34130629)
Hmm, I'll give this a check tomorrow when I'm at the office. If I had to guess I'd suspect that this was just a case of misleading tooltips and that both helped against the same effects, will confirm one way or the other though.

Awesome, I appreciate it.

But on top of it just being a tooltip error (possibly), I do want to know if Irelia's passive is actually considered Tenacity by Riot designers or are they considered different things?

Remuko 02-01-2013 12:34 AM

Merc treads give tenacity and help with snares. i mained morgana for a long time so i know the tenacity works against snares