League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Darius is the only legitimately OP champion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3067312)

Punch Yo Buns 01-31-2013 10:37 PM

Darius is the only legitimately OP champion

Hey Riot,

I love you guys. I really do. You have made a phenomenal game that I enjoy to no end. Or at least I thought there was no end. As all of my fellow players would recognize, there has been a recent influx of Darius players. If it were any other champion, that would not be any problem at all. Darius however is so powerful and SO easy to use, he carries the team no matter the skill level of his opponents, no matter which team comp is better, no matter which team seems to be winning. I recently watched a friend playing singed (pretty skillfully) and caught darius off guard. Darius retaliated by killing singed in about 4 seconds. That seemed cause enough for concern for me.

So here's what I've been thinking:
In order to keep this game fun we could...
-Remove the stacks on his bleed
-Reduce the True Damage on his ult
-Just reduce the cool down on his ult when he gets a kill instead of completely refreshing it (think Olaf's axe toss/pickup)
-Rework either his health or his ad scaling. As it stands he has the output of an assassin with the sustain of a very tanky bruiser.

Honestly, I have been playing less and less because I'm tired of losing every game to a Tanky Bruiser Assassin Support Carry every dang game.

I appreciate anything you glean from this,

Dino

PS - As for anyone that may disagree with this post, check their match history before you take their comments seriously. I guarantee that it's full of Darius face rolls.

JustMyBassCannon 01-31-2013 10:46 PM

So, to recap:
Remove all of his magic damage
Weaken the one skill that's worth a damn
Make his ultimate's unique mechanic no longer exist
And...I actually have no idea what you're talking about on that last one, he has no HP scaling.

No, seriously. You're just asking them to nerf every facet of an already horrible champion. Ever thought that just maybe you're the one that's doing things wrong, and not Riot?

Carry Me Darius 01-31-2013 10:49 PM

ITT: OP complaining about a pubstomper

Jamaree 01-31-2013 11:00 PM

Sorry buddy, but Riot doesn't balance based off the low elo players who only play normals and thus only get beaten by said pubstompers.

Eninya 01-31-2013 11:01 PM

Darius falls off harder than a cliff late game. He gets kited to death quite easily.

BloodworksInc 01-31-2013 11:08 PM

I disagree with you, and I don't have Darius face rolling match history;

Hell, I don't even OWN Darius.

I fail to see how a single spell, his Ult, is somehow this world changing event. This is an execution move, its designed to... execute. I've not seen a single instance of Darius using his Ult on someone 100% Healthy, and it instantly killing them. Never seen it happen.

I'm sure it CAN, but if you've allowed a Darius or -ANY- champion to be fed enough, that they can instantly CLEAVE YOU IN TWAIN with a single skill - nerfing the champion wont fix your issues.

Every champion can be dangerous, some are built to allow this in different ways, Darius is an example.

He has no escape mechanics, he has no gap closers - he has a pull, granted. But if this is missed, the CD seems to be an issue from what I've heard and seen in matches.

His Ult refreshes, this seems to be a sore subject for a lot of champions. Any champ that has a refresh mechanic tends to send the community into a frenzy. But it requires a kill.

Not an assist, a kill.

Darius feeds off of actual kills, if you shut him down - even in a teamfight, all he really has is Decimate. Thats it.

Decimate is his reliable teamfight ability.

Noxian Guillotine is dependent on either his TEAMS ability to whittle down YOURS, or the PLAYERS ability to focus down on YOU.

Myrren 01-31-2013 11:36 PM

no an OP champ WAS Master Yi. The in-lane Heal was really annoying to deal with. Wonder how 2x ap ratio will work out as

Kwmjwr 01-31-2013 11:44 PM

Darius is completely overpowered, the stacks from his bleed should be reduced or taken out like DinoNuggs said, it makes his ultimate do at least 600 damage which is insane, the fact that it's TRUE damage. Either that or make his ultimate Physical damage instead. Idk
Just my thoughts

Frightning 02-01-2013 12:03 AM

Darius's problem isn't power level, it's mechanics. He's almost perfectly balanced (50% win rate champion), but in lane there is basically no counterplay against him. Because his mechanics are so simple, that, to balance him, his stats are OP. Put his base stats and/or passive on just about any champion and they would become OP.

The solution to the Darius problem is a rework of his mechanics which would allow him to be effective without requiring an advantage is base statistics.

GlyphTsen 02-01-2013 12:16 AM

I remember when these threads were about Tryndamere. Fun times for all they were. Alas, I fear that there has been little innovation to give such things much oomph.

Frightning: Are Darius' stats really that much higher than [insert melee fighter here]? I mean, Olaf for example has a little less HP/5 and Armor, but is otherwise better in every way stat-wise, and that regen and armor is easily made up for with Olaf's W. Vi is a little worse except for Mana and Movement, but the passive provides better all-round defense (and her Armor is better than Olaf's still).

I dunno, I'm looking, but there aren't that many significant things. I do think that, considering how hard Riven's HP/5 got hit, that Darius could stand to lose a little there, it's what stands out the most to me along with base armor (but not growth of either) but...