League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Zephyr any good? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3062746)

Eunjung Ham 01-30-2013 10:38 PM

Zephyr any good?

Would it be good on Vayne instead of a second PD?

SeCKS Egai 01-30-2013 10:42 PM

I wouldn't usually be building a second PD on Vayne these days. Zephyr isn't terrible on Vayne, but you could probably find better items to fill the slot, like a last whisper, warmogs/frozen mallet etc.

If I really shoot for that 2 attacks per second break point, I usually need more speed so it takes a Runaan's if I bother to go that route, and that's with an addition 10% AS from runes.

Cenerae 01-30-2013 10:55 PM

Zephyr's really not that good on AD carries. The only reason to buy it is for the tenacity, and tenacity on carries is usually of little real value past early game. If you get caught out by CC, the tenacity probably isn't going to help you any later on. There are better options for attack speed.

Eunjung Ham 01-30-2013 10:55 PM

The tenacity and it provides attack damage and 5 percent more ms then a pd.

Eunjung Ham 01-30-2013 10:56 PM

Is the hurricane a viable buy? or a second PD?

Sereg Anfaug 01-30-2013 11:31 PM

Hurricane is great on Kog, and he has a similar playstyle to Vayne, so I suspect it would work there too. I'm not sure whether the silver bolts proc on the Hurricane attacks, but supposedly they proc on-hit effects, so maybe they do? If so, it's probably very effective.

Cenerae 01-30-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug (Hozzászólás 34080869)
Hurricane is great on Kog, and he has a similar playstyle to Vayne, so I suspect it would work there too. I'm not sure whether the silver bolts proc on the Hurricane attacks, but supposedly they proc on-hit effects, so maybe they do? If so, it's probably very effective.

Vayne's Silver Bolts can only be applied to one target at a time. It doesn't work, you'll only get the bolts applying to your primary target.

SeCKS Egai 01-31-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cenerae (Hozzászólás 34081442)
Vayne's Silver Bolts can only be applied to one target at a time. It doesn't work, you'll only get the bolts applying to your primary target.

Depending on the enemy team, and assuming the game goes that long, I'll consider picking up runaan's, primarily for the attack speed since with my setup it'll put me at 2 attacks per second. However, I'm more likely to slot a last whisper. But yes, Silver bolts is strictly a single target. Vayne would be insanely popular if a runaan's allowed silver bolt procs on 3 targets at a time, or at least I would think it would make up for her weak early game.

Teamslash 02-03-2013 08:37 AM

Zephyr's tenacity means it's primarily for AD bruiser use. It's hard to get away from someone with a gap closer, a slow, and 10% increased move speed. Xin Zhao is a pretty good candidate since the attack speed synergizes with his W.

FlowyS 02-03-2013 09:23 AM

It's good if you really need the tenacity and movement speed.