League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Bug Reports (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   [FAQ] New Volunteer pilot program: The Huntsmen! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3061583)

JD 2020 01-30-2013 03:25 PM

[FAQ] New Volunteer pilot program: The Huntsmen!

Greetings summoners!

JD here, and I wanted to introduce to you a new volunteer program being piloted called The Huntsmen. The TL;DR is this: The Huntsmen are passionate players on a mission. That mission is to find and report bugs in the Public Beta Environment (PBE) so that Riot QA can squash more of them before hitting the LIVE environments.

Below is a brief FAQ introducing the program. If you have any additional questions, please ask them below.

Regards,
-JD

How Can I Get Involved?
It’s easy; If you have a PBE account, just help focus your efforts on finding bugs. Check the PBE forums for open issues and issues currently being tracked, and help contribute to the conversation with The Huntsmen. They’re there to help guide those conversations and organize the seeking and destroying of these bugs!

How do I become a Huntsman?
For now, like all other volunteer programs, Huntsmen are recruited based on pretty basic criteria: How active a player is on the PBE server and forums, how helpful they are to the PBE community, how substantial their input is and are they sportsman who follow the summoner’s code. Exceptional players that stand out from the crowd are identified and encouraged into the program.

In the future, the process for applying to volunteer programs will be more open than this.

How do I identify a Huntsman?
Like other volunteers, Huntsmen are identified by a unique icon and username color on the forums. Their color is dark blue, and they’ll have the “Huntsmen” title under their avatar.

I don’t have a PBE account, how do I get one?
Registration for the PBE is opened and closed periodically. The PBE is limited in size, and only so many people can play on it concurrently. We noticed login queues were consistently too high, and have metered registrations to help mitigate. Keep an eye out on the PBE forums for when registrations open.

This doesn’t mean you can’t be active though! Finding bugs on the LIVE environment (especially localization bugs in international territories) would be a huge help, and can be reported on the Bug Report forums.

RexSaur 01-30-2013 03:30 PM

This is a nice initiative, hopefully it'll make more ppl that play on PBE actually report bugs they find.

But just wondering, shouldnt this be posted on PBE forums instead of here?

YoshioPeePee 01-30-2013 03:32 PM

it's nice to see that those guys who repeatedly find PBE bugs will get rewarded

Wards win games 01-30-2013 03:38 PM

Thanks again! Looking forward to being apart!

Edit: OMG ITS TEEMO

Thornmaelstrom 01-30-2013 03:39 PM

Wooo! I'll help out when I can make time from 18 credit hours.

Will you be making "pseudo task forces" for specific things like "Come help test New-Champion-X's compatibility with the S3 Masteries!" to hunt down repeat-offender problems like Vlad's passive interaction with %health masteries and Shyvana's ult bug where she didn't passively generate fury w/ Defender?

Not to mention every new champion has to be extensively tested with problem mechanics like Golden Victory Pose, Troll Pool, Troll Pole, and Elise's Trollpel.
It might motivate some people to actually contribute if they have more specific goal-oriented bug-hunting to do.

Stexe 01-30-2013 03:39 PM

Awesome to see this. Wish there were more ways the community could give back by being volunteers. This is definitely a good start. =)

So, if I want to become a Huntsman and I'm already an Adjudicator... do I become like a Adjudicator Huntsman or what?

EDIT: (You might want to fix your description since you say "Huntsmen" but the title is "Huntsman" -- maybe come up with something gender neutral instead?)

Cheiron 01-30-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenGaming (Hozzászólás 34067698)
Edit: OMG ITS TEEMO

I'm loving this Teemo.

Dannamoth 01-30-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stexe (Hozzászólás 34067762)
Awesome to see this. Wish there were more ways the community could give back by being volunteers. This is definitely a good start. =)

So, if I want to become a Huntsman and I'm already an Adjudicator... do I become like a Adjudicator Huntsman or what?

My vote is for Hunted Adjudicator.... it seems more.... fun

Wards win games 01-30-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheironn (Hozzászólás 34067793)
I'm loving this Teemo.

Scouts... on the hunt. Baha! UCWUTIDIDTHUR?

Stexe 01-30-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dannamoth (Hozzászólás 34067861)
My vote is for Hunted Adjudicator.... it seems more.... fun

Awesome, that sounds like it would be a perfect fit for me. ><