League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Is volibear a good champ? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3060732)

davidroo 01-30-2013 10:38 AM

Is volibear a good champ?

I want a good champ to buy and volibear seems good, though I've only seen him played once. Is he decent? Is there a better champ I could buy? How easy is he to use? etc etc.

Jamaree 01-30-2013 10:40 AM

He LOOKS cool and is easy to use and pretty good at low levels but...overall he is meph. No tanking ability, weak CC, there are better flips, better rapid heals, better executions, better CC, better DPS, he has no real one amazing thing that makes him outright amazing, other then looking like a cool ass armored bear of course.

davidroo 01-30-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamaree (Hozzászólás 34058170)
He LOOKS cool and is easy to use and pretty good at low levels but...overall he is meph. No tanking ability, weak CC, there are better flips, better rapid heals, better executions, better CC, better DPS, he has no real one amazing thing that makes him outright amazing, other then looking like a cool ass armored bear of course.

who would you reccomend then?

Red Ryu 01-30-2013 10:59 AM

He's not OP, but he's not garbage, even more so when a Health meta is running around, which he scales well with.

He is good against Darius and Irelia for example, but don't play him vs Teemo, Kayle or someone with good ranged kitting.

davidroo 01-30-2013 11:16 AM

Any other champs you'd reccomend?

And I guess like volibear + gangplank would be ok and volibear + ashe top lane

Jamaree 01-30-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidroo (Hozzászólás 34059195)
Any other champs you'd reccomend?

And I guess like volibear + gangplank would be ok and volibear + ashe top lane

Try Singed, just as tanky and kind of serves the same purpose as Volibear, displacement and mild DPS, and with his W, he provides a pretty powerful slow...or you can buy rylais, that works too.

Red Ryu 01-30-2013 11:22 AM

Good champs top?

Singed is kind of a sleeper pick right now, he has some great mus for some close range characters and scales well for a tank.

Elise is good if you learn her, does absurd damage while building like a tank, but she is getting nerfed from what I've heard.

Irelia builds tank and is a bully to the enemy ADC pretty good in a lot of MUs.

Rumble has a pretty high win rate right now in top, mostly because he gains a lot from just managing heat correctly and his damage output.

Voli still is not a bad champion at all, he's just not OP, and he won't be as long as people can CP him + learn spacing on his movement.

Jax scales stupid well late game, but deal with his early and know when he is a bad pick.

GurkenMAN 01-30-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Ryu (Hozzászólás 34058719)
He's not OP, but he's not garbage, even more so when a Health meta is running around, which he scales well with.

He is good against Darius and Irelia for example, but don't play him vs Teemo, Kayle or someone with good ranged kitting.

Yip- his passive is reaaallllyy nice. He is easy to play but very weak against someone with spammable slows which negate his q boost.
But i saw some ppl do quite well with him in jungle. Never tried it though.

Cretinok 01-30-2013 12:32 PM

Hes a fun champ but gets shut down too easily by CC and champs who can kite. Hence, its easy to counterpick against him.

Going Voli top is like asking the enemy team to pick Teemo.

Ferr3t 01-30-2013 02:27 PM

Use him as a counterpick against champs like Olaf and Darius who like to get in close to you, especially if you can bait them near your turret. If you can get into a fast and furious fight you win hands down because your passive will proc and they won't be able to ignite quickly enough unless they're really on the ball. Use your bite as frequently as possible, because while it's a decent execution it's better used for chunking.

Oh, and never, ever pick Voli top against a ranged opponent or, god forbid, first pick (unless your jungle and support are low picks, because then people will assume you're doing one of those. Voli top isn't very common, sadly).