League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Mega Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3060)

Karandor 08-02-2009 10:58 AM

Mega Feedback

So this past week I took my time to get to know every single champion. My W/L record went down the toilet and I apologise to all the people forced into playing with me when I used a champ that I did not like or had no idea how to play. The bonus is I'm going to run down every champ with some feedback. I'm going to organise this roughly by the champion playstyle.

Tanks:

Alistar- I didn't particularly like him but he is a solid hero. His heal is a bit nuts early game and could maybe use a higher mana cost. His ultimate is good but at the same time VERY boring. He could use some small tweaks but overall I wouldn't have him as a priority.

Amumu- Great theme, great skills, awesome champion. Well balanced. Nothing else to say.

Cho'Gath- His skills and theme are fantastic yet I think he may be a bit too good. I might lower the duration on his slow by a second. I played him once and never died. He can farm like crazy and get an immense amount of HP. A GREAT tank but maybe a bit too good. With his stun and silence and huge HP he is REALLY hard to gank. I was thinking his feast could need maybe 3 champion kills or 12 creep kills to get to max. I'm not sure how you can balance it properly but right now it's too easy to just lane until you get max and then not die the entire game.

Judicator- She's a bit boring but very powerful. After the nerf to the AP gain on her ultimate I think she's just in the right place now. A decent all around champion and a good counter to ryze and ranged carry champs.

Nunu- This hero needs to be focused more on AP gain I think. Consume needs to be changed to work on champions or bloodboil needs some sort of gain with AP (maybe attack speed? As Nunu is right now you're a one trick pony who's trick is easily countered by boost, ghost and flash.

Rammus- A very solid champion. I think he's good all around. He may be a bit too good but I would leave him as is for now. Powerball is more fun than words can describe.

Singed- My favourite hero. IMO he is the perfect combination of effectiveness and skill requirement. When I want to win I play singed and it rarely fails me. Nothing is more fun that running after people with his ultimate on and ghost at 548 runspeed!

Sion- Another of my favourites. He has a great skill set that works together very well. He is a last-hitting maching with enrage and the bonus HP from kills is very cool. Another solid hero that I wouldn't change at all. He is also a very scary carry hero lategame. He's what Sven should have been in DotA. Who is your summoner and what does he do?

Nukers:

Anivia- After the recent nerf I think the hero is in very good shape. Effective and tough to kill without a real gank effort. The Q skill is VERY fun to use. A nice design and theme that works from top to bottom.

Annie- Another cool character that follows a theme very well. My only problem is her passive is counter-intuitive. She should be spamming her Q skill to farm 24/7. Not using it 5 times and then waiting to gank a champion. The stuns just don't seem to fit with her theme. IMO give her spells a % chance to add a DoT to the target. That way she spams as much as possible trying to proc the DoT.

Fiddlesticks- His silence is too good. Other than that he is an extremely fun hero to play. Nerf the duration on the silence and he'll be fine.

Morgana- Another great hero top to bottom except her spellshield is WAY TOO GOOD. She's been talked about enough though. She is VERY fun to play.

Karthus- All around awesome hero with fun skills and lots of clicking. He is perfect. Getting kills while dead is a ton of fun.

Ryze- All the whining aside I think he's a great hero that is pretty well balanced. His counter is tank heros. Judicator can completely destroy him 1v1 by simply hitting W when Ryze throws his ult. I personally thing he is great even without his ult as his prison is amazing for setting up ganks. I would, however, make his W skill use mana when activated.

Soraka- Very good but very boring IMO. Really could use a re-make from my perspective to give her skills more fun factor. I think the heal and mana skill should be switched in function so that the heal is instant and the mana is regeneration. Maybe make the heal like Omniknight in DotA where it is also does damage in an area. Just PLEASE make her more fun to play.

Viegar: I really like this guy but his Q skill needs better scaling with AP. It should pack a bunch and it really doesn't. You could lower the CD and mana cost and make it truly spammable. Other than that I think his ult should do 30-50% damage in an AE with full damage to initial target.

Zilean- Another awesome hero from top to bottom. My only problem with him is his broken recall that makes him just stupidly overpowered towards endgame. Fix that and he's perfect.

Assassins:

Evelynn- A cool character that is easily countered by good team tactics. He ult gives back a bit too much health IMO but otherwise very solid.

Twitch- Too easy. That is all I can say. His stealth gives him attack speed. It's way too easy to get a couple hits, slow and then expunge to finish. Even against a good team you can pick off kills way too easily. What I would do: change his ult to expunge, maybe add some AE damage, make spray and pray a passive attack speed buff that you can activate for crit chance. Lose the attack speed gained from stealth and keep his slow the same.

Ranged DPS:

Ashe- Everything that can be said has been said. I find her really boring to play. There is no reason to pick another carry hero over her and that is a huge problem.

Tristana- I actually think she's perfect as she is just that ashe is just much too much better. Fun and active hero that takes some skill to play properly.

Sivir- Her Q skill is fun and awesome and eveything else is a letdown. A great team hero but really needs to be re-made. There is lots of feedback on how to change her so I won't go into too much detail here.

Twisted Fate- This is where CM should be, in ranged DPS. What he needs is his attack range increased. His Q skill changed to his old silence or random damage. Could even make his Q skill random damage passive and then activatable for a silence. His wildcard to be selected by hitting W a second time at which point it is locked and can be fired with right click. He should be a crazy ganker, not a card spammer.

Melee DPS: Yes they all need a buff except warwick.

Jax: Incredibly fun hero. Suffers the same problems as all other melee DPS. Mainly survivability. Maybe make his dodge have chance to avoid spells too like voidwalker's eveasion in DotA?

Master Yi: Another very fun hero. He is an absolute monster late game. Other than that he's kind of weak. Change alpha strike scaling to be a bit more frontloaded, maybe add a short snare.

Tryndamere: I have a blast playing this guy even though he's not that great. His Q skill needs a shorter CD for his heal. If he is killing enough he should be able to heal more often. Also GREATLY increase the duration of the buffs.

Warwick: The only melee carry that seems to work well. Mainly because he has tons of self healing and he can jungle to avoid terrible lane match-ups. In this way he stomps newb games worse than a pro Balanar. I like him a lot though. Mid level games and up he isn't so dominating.

All in all the MDPS characters all need some better survivability in team fights. Without frozen mallet most of them die way too fast and have to spend way too much time chasing people 1/2 way across the map. If I REALLY want MDPS on my team I'd almost always prefer a Sion over any of the actual MDPS guys.

YummyCheese 08-02-2009 11:07 AM

Ok, massive thread, I'm just going to pick and choose to what i want to respond to.

Cho Gath: First of all, I think that losing your ENTIRE size when dying is stupid. It should take you down one, maybe two growths.

Tyandamere: He's so fun! I don't know why he isn't played more often.

Ashe: I've said it before, I'll say it again: Greed needs to be replaced.

Twitch: He's good as he is. Your only complaint is a balance problem - that can be fixed by balancing. He is not in need of a remake.

Zilean: I think they should remake his ultimate completely, but I've posted my thoughts on this before and won't repeat.

Agree with all the caster feedback - all the caster I've played are fun and require skill - no complaints here.

Lucidity 08-02-2009 02:37 PM

I agree with the majority of what you said. I've yet to play Cardmaster, Anivia, Sivir, or Veigar though. Only things I somewhat disagree with are Twitch changes (though maybe reduce his attack speed bonus a bit) and melee DPS. True, survivability isn't great, but when you can jungle for half the game and get double kills and, SOMETIMES, triple kills before you die, I'm not really gonna complain. Master Yi is my favourite character so far, and I've had success jungling with Jax too and turning him into a beast. They're not gimp, persay; they just need a slight survivability buff, not a massive overhaul.

Good post, though! I agree with 95% of it.

Cimis 11-27-2012 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karandor (Hozzászólás 29897)
So this past week I took my time to get to know every single champion. My W/L record went down the toilet and I apologise to all the people forced into playing with me when I used a champ that I did not like or had no idea how to play. The bonus is I'm going to run down every champ with some feedback. I'm going to organise this roughly by the champion playstyle.

Tanks:

Alistar- I didn't particularly like him but he is a solid hero. His heal is a bit nuts early game and could maybe use a higher mana cost. His ultimate is good but at the same time VERY boring. He could use some small tweaks but overall I wouldn't have him as a priority.

Amumu- Great theme, great skills, awesome champion. Well balanced. Nothing else to say.

Cho'Gath- His skills and theme are fantastic yet I think he may be a bit too good. I might lower the duration on his slow by a second. I played him once and never died. He can farm like crazy and get an immense amount of HP. A GREAT tank but maybe a bit too good. With his stun and silence and huge HP he is REALLY hard to gank. I was thinking his feast could need maybe 3 champion kills or 12 creep kills to get to max. I'm not sure how you can balance it properly but right now it's too easy to just lane until you get max and then not die the entire game.

Judicator- She's a bit boring but very powerful. After the nerf to the AP gain on her ultimate I think she's just in the right place now. A decent all around champion and a good counter to ryze and ranged carry champs.

Nunu- This hero needs to be focused more on AP gain I think. Consume needs to be changed to work on champions or bloodboil needs some sort of gain with AP (maybe attack speed? As Nunu is right now you're a one trick pony who's trick is easily countered by boost, ghost and flash.

Rammus- A very solid champion. I think he's good all around. He may be a bit too good but I would leave him as is for now. Powerball is more fun than words can describe.

Singed- My favourite hero. IMO he is the perfect combination of effectiveness and skill requirement. When I want to win I play singed and it rarely fails me. Nothing is more fun that running after people with his ultimate on and ghost at 548 runspeed!

Sion- Another of my favourites. He has a great skill set that works together very well. He is a last-hitting maching with enrage and the bonus HP from kills is very cool. Another solid hero that I wouldn't change at all. He is also a very scary carry hero lategame. He's what Sven should have been in DotA. Who is your summoner and what does he do?

Nukers:

Anivia- After the recent nerf I think the hero is in very good shape. Effective and tough to kill without a real gank effort. The Q skill is VERY fun to use. A nice design and theme that works from top to bottom.

Annie- Another cool character that follows a theme very well. My only problem is her passive is counter-intuitive. She should be spamming her Q skill to farm 24/7. Not using it 5 times and then waiting to gank a champion. The stuns just don't seem to fit with her theme. IMO give her spells a % chance to add a DoT to the target. That way she spams as much as possible trying to proc the DoT.

Fiddlesticks- His silence is too good. Other than that he is an extremely fun hero to play. Nerf the duration on the silence and he'll be fine.

Morgana- Another great hero top to bottom except her spellshield is WAY TOO GOOD. She's been talked about enough though. She is VERY fun to play.

Karthus- All around awesome hero with fun skills and lots of clicking. He is perfect. Getting kills while dead is a ton of fun.

Ryze- All the whining aside I think he's a great hero that is pretty well balanced. His counter is tank heros. Judicator can completely destroy him 1v1 by simply hitting W when Ryze throws his ult. I personally thing he is great even without his ult as his prison is amazing for setting up ganks. I would, however, make his W skill use mana when activated.

Soraka- Very good but very boring IMO. Really could use a re-make from my perspective to give her skills more fun factor. I think the heal and mana skill should be switched in function so that the heal is instant and the mana is regeneration. Maybe make the heal like Omniknight in DotA where it is also does damage in an area. Just PLEASE make her more fun to play.

Viegar: I really like this guy but his Q skill needs better scaling with AP. It should pack a bunch and it really doesn't. You could lower the CD and mana cost and make it truly spammable. Other than that I think his ult should do 30-50% damage in an AE with full damage to initial target.

Zilean- Another awesome hero from top to bottom. My only problem with him is his broken recall that makes him just stupidly overpowered towards endgame. Fix that and he's perfect.

Assassins:

Evelynn- A cool character that is easily countered by good team tactics. He ult gives back a bit too much health IMO but otherwise very solid.

Twitch- Too easy. That is all I can say. His stealth gives him attack speed. It's way too easy to get a couple hits, slow and then expunge to finish. Even against a good team you can pick off kills way too easily. What I would do: change his ult to expunge, maybe add some AE damage, make spray and pray a passive attack speed buff that you can activate for crit chance. Lose the attack speed gained from stealth and keep his slow the same.

Ranged DPS:

Ashe- Everything that can be said has been said. I find her really boring to play. There is no reason to pick another carry hero over her and that is a huge problem.

Tristana- I actually think she's perfect as she is just that ashe is just much too much better. Fun and active hero that takes some skill to play properly.

Sivir- Her Q skill is fun and awesome and eveything else is a letdown. A great team hero but really needs to be re-made. There is lots of feedback on how to change her so I won't go into too much detail here.

Twisted Fate- This is where CM should be, in ranged DPS. What he needs is his attack range increased. His Q skill changed to his old silence or random damage. Could even make his Q skill random damage passive and then activatable for a silence. His wildcard to be selected by hitting W a second time at which point it is locked and can be fired with right click. He should be a crazy ganker, not a card spammer.

Melee DPS: Yes they all need a buff except warwick.

Jax: Incredibly fun hero. Suffers the same problems as all other melee DPS. Mainly survivability. Maybe make his dodge have chance to avoid spells too like voidwalker's eveasion in DotA?

Master Yi: Another very fun hero. He is an absolute monster late game. Other than that he's kind of weak. Change alpha strike scaling to be a bit more frontloaded, maybe add a short snare.

Tryndamere: I have a blast playing this guy even though he's not that great. His Q skill needs a shorter CD for his heal. If he is killing enough he should be able to heal more often. Also GREATLY increase the duration of the buffs.

Warwick: The only melee carry that seems to work well. Mainly because he has tons of self healing and he can jungle to avoid terrible lane match-ups. In this way he stomps newb games worse than a pro Balanar. I like him a lot though. Mid level games and up he isn't so dominating.

All in all the MDPS characters all need some better survivability in team fights. Without frozen mallet most of them die way too fast and have to spend way too much time chasing people 1/2 way across the map. If I REALLY want MDPS on my team I'd almost always prefer a Sion over any of the actual MDPS guys.

necro'd