League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Rune Sets for Dominion ( Sauron help? ) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3059866)

Darmival 01-30-2013 01:33 AM

Rune Sets for Dominion ( Sauron help? )

I would like to know if there are any further rune sets I should particularly worry about getting.

I tend to play as : ( Some champs may be repeated in list )

Melee Bruisers : Jax, Wukong, Trinity Poppy, Sion, Blitzcrank, Udyr, Malphite, Warwick
Pure-ish Tanks : Singed, Rammus, Alistar, Amumu, Maokai
Supports usually with aura items : Trinity Sona, Trinity Taric, Nunu, Soraka
Bottom Lane : Yorick, Maokai, Kayle, Nasus Ryze
AD Carries, [not very often] : Vayne, Miss Fortune, Ashe
AP Carries : Ryze ?

* Note I haven't play Dom PvP in a long while [just co-ops games for awhile now], but I would like the runes to be relevant for Dom PvP in case I start PvP again

Finally, to the point - here are the runes I own currently ( all tier 3 )

Quints:

3x Flat Physical Damage
3x Armor Pen
3x Attack Speed
3x Lifesteal 2%

1x SpellVamp 2% ( starting new set, 1st rune bought may 15th )
3x Scaling AP

3x Movespeed
3x Gold per 10
3x TimeDead -5%

Marks:
9x Armor Pen
9x Magic Pen
9x Dual Pen
9x Attack Speed
9x Crit Damage
9x Crit Chance
9x Flat Physical Damage
9x Scaling Physical Damage ( new set - bought on Jan. 31st as a result of this thread )
9x Flat armor ( new set - bought on April 21 - because I could )

Seals:

9x Attack Speed
9x Gold per 10
9x Scaling AP
9x Scaling Armor
9x Scaling Health
9x Scaling Health Regen
9x Scaling Mana Regen ( new set - bought on Jan. 31st as a result of this thread )

Glyphs:

9x Attack Speed
9x Scaling AP
9x Scaling Magic Resist
9x Scaling Mana Regen
9x Scaling Cdr
9x Flat CDR ( new set - bought on Febuary 16th - based on Sauron's advice )
9x Flat Armor ( new set - bought on April 21st - because I could )

Sauron 01-30-2013 02:21 AM

The only thing I see you missing, Dominion-wise, is MPen quints, and even then you'll probably run other quints instead.

The runes that you have can build plenty of viable rune pages. If you're playing more than just Dominion, you'll probably want a set of flat armor seals, flat MR glyphs, and maybe flat CDR glyphs depending on the role you play outside of Dom.

animegirl1998 01-30-2013 02:22 AM

3 khazix quints, 9 kassadin reds, 9 yellow nidalees, 9 teemo blues is the only rune set

DiscworldDeath 01-30-2013 03:13 AM

I think Armour flat is still the right choice over scaling - ArPen takes a time to kick in, so be stronger while you can, later it makes less of a difference anyway, and the main reasons never changed - early game everyone runs OOM/has stuff go on cooldown, so everyone including mages auto-attacks. Turrets and minions are also pretty threatening early game - so take flat armour early.

Bma 01-30-2013 04:17 AM

Basicaly every scaling rune is generally really strong, except in the case of flat armor yellow, which I also believe is the right choice.

Then again, I like to run hp/lvl yellows over armor when possible.

I think you can get away with 2 main pages on Dominion, one with 19 armor pen, scaling mr blues, flat armor/scaling hp, and another with magic pen, scaling hp/flat armor, scaling mr + choice quints between pen and movement speed. Idk about AP quints, I do them out of laziness even though MS is probably better.

If you have champions where you need specific stats to be fulfilled then you can change your pages around based on that.

ricedream5 01-30-2013 05:12 AM

Besides what others have said, you could consider mana-regen yellows on some champions that need mana regen even with aura. It's pretty cheap (ip-wise) and is really strong in cost-effectiveness (although prospectors give a ton of free mana regen anyways).

Bma 01-30-2013 05:27 AM

I don't know any champions that would do that except Yorick, I think.

ricedream5 01-30-2013 05:45 AM

I use it on Kog'maw(AP), Ezreal(AP), maybe Anivia, Swain, Cass.
Ezreal/Cass are very kitey, and shouldn't get hit by much melee ad early on, and Anivia has her egg. Kog/Swain should be built rather tanky, so scaling health/flat armor aren't as strong on them imo.

Darmival 01-30-2013 04:30 PM

Thanks for the responses everyone. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sauron (Hozzászólás 34048880)
The only thing I see you missing, Dominion-wise, is MPen quints, and even then you'll probably run other quints instead.

The runes that you have can build plenty of viable rune pages. If you're playing more than just Dominion, you'll probably want a set of flat armor seals, flat MR glyphs, and maybe flat CDR glyphs depending on the role you play outside of Dom.

Wow I got the legendary Master to respond to my thread ! Most appreciated :) You are right about probably running other quints than Mpen - I am not much of an AP player as my champ list indicates. If anything I probably overuse the MS Quints.

I think I will probably hold off on any purchases then. I definately won't go back to playing SR PvP. I pretty much quit that when Dominion came out as I find it a much more enjoyable game experience

edit addition : I lied, I bought eight Scaling AD Marks to finish that set off. ( I had one )... and also a set of scaling mana regen seals

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bma (Hozzászólás 34050087)

I think you can get away with 2 main pages on Dominion, one with 19 armor pen, scaling mr blues, flat armor/scaling hp, and another with magic pen, scaling hp/flat armor, scaling mr + choice quints between pen and movement speed. Idk about AP quints, I do them out of laziness even though MS is probably better.

But then what do I do with my other 18 rune pages -_-. lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricedream5 (Hozzászólás 34050829)
Besides what others have said, you could consider mana-regen yellows on some champions that need mana regen even with aura.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bma (Hozzászólás 34051031)
I don't know any champions that would do that except Yorick, I think.

Yorick is the only champ I play that I would consider doing that on - but I prefer scaling health on him because his ghouls inherit part of that health.

FetisPuncher 01-30-2013 04:42 PM

Dont think u can overuse the ms in dominion.. personally, they are the quints i use for
dom