League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   New Player Forum (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   This Game is Imbalanced (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3059714)

Eat The Wafflez 01-30-2013 12:17 AM

This Game is Imbalanced

So I build a damage as a damage should. Focus on killing the monsters and attacking other players when they are too far out.

Built attack damage, lifesteal, attack speed, and critical chance increase. I am only level 5 summoner so I don't have much in terms of penetration of the armor.

Long story made short...a player with over 4,000 hp was able to kill me in 8 seconds. This is confusing. I've had to place all of my gold to find an optimal attack damage to be a threat...meanwhile, this player who was not even doing good (low CS and kill/assist) was able to roll me without a thought. And then he rolled another carry on our team. And walked away. Not to mention his cleavers were invisible so I could not dodge them. I took most the dmg from melee...from a champion with no attack damage built. Seems stupid.

So bottom of line: Why even pretend this game is competitive when simple mechanics, like hp stacking, outweigh the weighted decision of gearing a ADC champion. Ryze stacks mana which gave him too much HP - he in turn stun+nuked me in one rotation. I cannot even see his AP bonus as his spells benefit from mana. So he is not just a glass cannon - it is impossible to tell what his actual strength is.

This went on all night. After 8 matches I have determined that this game is a fan-promoted circle-jerk that appeals only to those that cannot win in a game with actual skill. When Activision/Blizzard releases their MOBA - say goodbye to being worth anything. You know the Koreans will drop Riot on their face for another fan-favorite.

tl;dr: This game has no idea how to balance and as such - low level play is torture and I'm sure it isn't any better top tier.

Feedbro 01-30-2013 12:22 AM

If anything right now tanks are underpowered. If you would like feel free to add me in game and I can help you out with any issues you're having.

If you're only level 5 with 8 matches played you couldn't possibly have a real sense of how the game is played, trust me.

The fact that League is balanced is pretty well documented by the fact that the win rates on almost all champions hovers around 50%, with "overpowered" champions being in the 54-55% range.

I will agree that low level play is torture. It helps to play with people that do know what they're doing though. Like I said, add me in game and we'll see if we can get you to have a more fun game =)

Eat The Wafflez 01-30-2013 12:27 AM

Sorry Feedbro - I am quitting. After this night I do not determine this game is worth trying to learn. That the only true appeal is to think that you will one day be "pro." The enjoyment factor outside of competitive play is zero. Bots are designed to be ******* so that isn't a viable play option. I will await Activision/Blizzard's MOBA and see how that goes. Till then - it's back to Minecraft.

Feedbro 01-30-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eat The Wafflez (Hozzászólás 34046856)
Sorry Feedbro - I am quitting. After this night I do not determine this game is worth trying to learn. That the only true appeal is to think that you will one day be "pro." The enjoyment factor outside of competitive play is zero. Bots are designed to be ******* so that isn't a viable play option. I will await Activision/Blizzard's MOBA and see how that goes. Till then - it's back to Minecraft.

If you feel that way about bots I'd suggest trying the Intermediate level ones on co-op, they've beat me down a time or two!

And for what it's worth, I have no illusions of ever being a pro, as I wouldn't want to dedicate that kind of time to fly around and whatnot. But I get more joy out of this game than I did out of WoW Arena PVP, or Dota, or HoN, or Dota2.

And I'm not even saying League is better than those, I just personally enjoy it the most. Though I do wish League of Legends had Wisp in it. =P

I will say that quitting at summoner level 5 is like the equivalent of quitting WoW at level 20, no chance to see the endgame content!

If you do decide to come back, look this thread up and add me ingame, I'll bet I can get this game making a lot more sense and have you going 20-0 in a week or two vs low level players =P. If not, hey, Minecraft is great too, and have fun with that!

Quamic 01-30-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eat The Wafflez (Hozzászólás 34046856)

Well, to be fair I did the same thing. It took me a month to sit down and be like 'okay, this is fun.' Basically, I had to wait a few 'free champs' weeks before I found something I enjoyed and was good at.

Feedbro 01-30-2013 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quamic (Hozzászólás 34047078)
Well, to be fair I did the same thing. It took me a month to sit down and be like 'okay, this is fun.' Basically, I had to wait a few 'free champs' weeks before I found something I enjoyed and was good at.

I will say that is true though.

Honestly looking at this week's free champ rotation... the only ones that I really have fun with are Lulu, Ziggs and Katarina, and Lulu and Ziggs are pretty daunting champions for a new player to try out.

When I first started it was a long time ago, I think I bought Teemo with IP and just played him all the time haha.

Quamic 01-30-2013 01:04 AM

I had a lot of fun playing Lulu this week. I favor ranged ADCs though, my favorite/most played being Kog'maw first guy I bought. It felt great working playing him the whole week he was free and earning those 4800 points playing him. I'll probably end up doing that with each week (I did it with Lux too). It helps me gain experience playing the characters. I'd imagine the ones that cost less are a lot easier to grasp onto.

Off topic: I added you in game, Feedbro! Could always use pointers.

XAlFias 01-30-2013 04:06 AM

When ppl leave , why do they post in the forum about it ? Do hey want a hug or something ? They want us to comfort them and say "pwez don weave uz Q.Q" ? They think they make us feel bad ? They think Riot will ever consider their opinion cause they Q.Q in the forum instead of asking in the Support ? They think that the game is losing a great player and a customer ? pffffff

Goodbye and good riddance . Yous shall not be missed .

Downvote me all you want , but i'm gonna say what Barney Stinson said a million times , ............"True Story"

Cynical Rain 01-30-2013 04:57 AM

Farewell.

Lammah 01-30-2013 05:04 AM

It took me about two weeks of playing with a friend that's very good to actually start enjoying it. Finding the right champion to start is not so easy as there are so many different styles.

Low level when you know nothing about the game is pretty tough... I had to endure the pain until about level 15 xD

Started in November and now nearing Level 26 and having fun... yet there are still frustrating games, and always will be.