League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   How do people feel about ranged ADC? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3058078)

teh d wreck 01-29-2013 02:16 PM

How do people feel about ranged ADC?

I'm curious to know how people feel about adc roles on TT.

I have found that many people consider it to be trolling to pick an adc and it's a bit frustrating as I think a few select are actually legit picks. Ezreal is a good example of one that works fine because of his range and gap closer/escape.

I usually play ap carries and assassins on this map, with a small side order of a few select bruisers I'm comfortable playing. Every now and then, I want to play adc, and it's been weeks since I have done it, because one of two things tend to happen when I ask to play adc: either someone begs me to pick any other role, or the other two people lock in horrible team comps to try to get someone to dodge or try to force a troll match - and either way it'll get blamed on me (even though I never insta lock and I'm always willing to switch).

The few times I've played ranged adc have mostly been good, and a few were really good and fun with a nice score at the end.

Are adcs really that bad, or have people just settled into the idea that none of them are remotely viable due to their design in conjunction with TT map.

Off the top of my head I have had good games with Cait, Ez, Ashe and even Vayne (them wall stuns).

If adcs ARE in that bad of a place, what can be done to boost their viability?

Sizmic 01-29-2013 02:20 PM

I am also curious about this. I have seen with the S3 items many adc's do very well on TT. I dont' usually see them in ranked but I feel if you are able to protect them than they will do the dmg they are designed to do. That said my ranked team tend to try to farm more than the average TT comps which are rawr smash and win early.

Mid Is A Feeder 01-29-2013 02:25 PM

Good peel damage bruisers would be good going for it.

teh d wreck 01-29-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sizmic (Hozzászólás 34030068)
I am also curious about this. I have seen with the S3 items many adc's do very well on TT. I dont' usually see them in ranked but I feel if you are able to protect them than they will do the dmg they are designed to do. That said my ranked team tend to try to farm more than the average TT comps which are rawr smash and win early.

I think the key to having an adc work would be a team with cc to protect the carry. But I also think the carries with cc, escapes, and good range will have an insanely better time then a carry that isn't as mobile. I think ad Kog would have a really rough time in TT.

I guess people think it's too much work to build your comp around protecting a carry.

Caecus Scius 01-29-2013 03:05 PM

The rule for ANY squishy played on TT, is to have really good escapes-not trist or cait level, more like Kass/Ez style.

If you aren't a tough character, you better be mobile as hell. I do not suggest playing an ADC most of the time. If you aren't able to stealth/flash/blink/etc you won't survive the ganks since the lane length is so long between turrets.

Foonakie 01-29-2013 03:30 PM

ADC can be extremely strong, especially since it's typically bruisers that roam TT.

But as Caecus said, you better be playing one with a good escape like EZ or Corki. Ashe can do well since she has a built in FMallet and her ult is really strong, but someone like Trist or Vayne would probably do very poorly as they heavily rely on someone to protect them.

I've noticed Caitlyn do fairly well in TT cause her range is just so large and her traps are very handy.

Goggris 01-29-2013 03:45 PM

Ez and Corki are very viable.

Caecus Scius 01-29-2013 04:07 PM

I feel like I would want my ADC to have flash AND ghost most of the time, just on top of their normal escapes. With certain matchups- an ADC is great, but I love seeing ADC's on TT mostly because I play Evelynn, and most cannot escape my ganks- so I get real fed pretty soon.

She 01-29-2013 04:47 PM

AD carries are really strong in this map. they only need to kite 3 people and if your team has a lot of peel for you, you shouldn't have a problem kiting them. wish i could say more but i don't play ad carry so i don't know a lot about playing as them. i've vsed a lot of vayne + nunu comps people run in ranked, it is really hard to counter if you ban champs like olaf, etc... people who say that ad carries suck in this map are just being stubborn

lordfrezon 01-29-2013 06:02 PM

1 word: Vayne. Jesus, she is ridiculous. If she lanes with a supporty AP champ bot who defers lots of farm (lux, lulu, zyra) then your team is screwed. It's happened multiple times to me, and it always ruins my team.
I've also seen Ashe played to some success, and anyone with a Nunu jungling/laning seems nice. They're better than some give them credit for.