League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Help & Support (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Brother cannot install or play LoL (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3057878)

Eon Icefire 01-29-2013 01:06 PM

Brother cannot install or play LoL

Let me explain. I used to play LoL on his computer via a flash drive installation (Installed it on flash drive on one PC, carried drive around to play on other PCs) when my PC was broken.

I stopped. He's now interested in trying LoL.

It keeps trying to tell him it already detects an installation and if he would like to modify or reinstall. So he tries.

Then it tells him cannot access "files on drive j" (He doesn't have one, so it's obviously referring to a flash drive that isn't there). Then it closes.

He's tried registry cleaning, redownloading/reinstalling, and nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

KaijuHedorah 01-29-2013 01:42 PM

I am the brother he speaks of. I have a friend of mine who has been helping a great deal but everything we've tried. CCleaner, and trying to uninstall completely fail with Catastrophic failures. There is no EXISTENCE on the registry for this game and the exe still insists there is an instalation on a drive that doesn't exist.

PanicNadia 01-29-2013 02:59 PM

Sam Problem :((

Riot Morgageddon 01-29-2013 03:20 PM

Well gals and gals,

The issue is the fact that the computer has a file somewhere that believes LoL has been installed on J drive and is in fact, a valid install instead of being run off of a flash drive.

An easy solution is as follows:
Back up the flash drive with LoL on it to a folder on a hard drive somewhere (This is your backup).
Plug the flash drive back into his computer.
Re-run the un-istallation procedure. Since you'll have the flash drive in, it should recognize that you have said copy of LoL up and running.
The uninstall will remove it from the flash drive and your computer, allowing you to install it normally to his hard drive somewhere.
Replace the files from the 'backup folder' onto your flash drive to retain a working flash drive copy.
Hope it works!

Eon Icefire 01-29-2013 03:33 PM

That's the problem. The flash drive in question no longer has lol on it and doesn't have the space to hold lol with how much more content LoL now contains.

GhostL3G 01-29-2013 03:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have this same issuse can't even Re-download it at all

PanicNadia 01-29-2013 05:29 PM

Somebody please help. I'm having the same problem.

Eon Icefire 01-30-2013 10:28 AM

Really? No mods or official help? That's cool :/

Riot Morgageddon 01-30-2013 10:50 AM

Well Eon, do you have an external hard drive?
Install LoL to it, use that as J:

Riot Morgageddon 01-30-2013 10:52 AM

And that screenshot shows you have a connection issue, Ghost.
Reconfigure your firewall to allow both Pando Media Booster and that installer through it, and you'll be fine.