League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How to kill Ashe, from an Ashe player (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=30575)

pumaman1 12-01-2009 04:51 AM

How to kill Ashe, from an Ashe player

So I notice alot of people whining about how overpowered Ashe is, and how her arrow are too good, and as an Ahse preferred player, no. It isn't. {Rable rable, noise noise, your dumb puma} Seriously, with a 75 second cool down, 150 manna cost, linear movement, and really quite predictable timing its not that great. The player can enhance it but still very limited. And with limited manna stores her "overpowered" abilities are soon exhausted in anything beyond minion farming.

So how do you kill the frozen archer? you committ, with any tank, decent caster, or stealth unit. I cannot tell you how many times a stealthed evelyn shaco (pre-nerf) or twitch has essentially 2 hitted me with no retailiation. Wanted to hit back but stunned and ran over (or poisoned). And Warwick, Gangplank, Yi, Blitz, Jax, etc. can all take her down 1v1 without breaking a sweat early-midlate. Casters hiding behind creeps can do it with more work but with high manna and better cooldowns, Ahse falls. Basically Ash is ranged dps... with no damage or attack speed to begin the game. AND SLOW. nearly everyone else is faster than her. yes her ice arrows slow you...to a point your still faster after level 3 icing. She finally becomes a threat late game with my build of 2 infinity edges, 2 phantom dancers, beserker greaves, and either phil stone or more attack damage. (250+ damage, 2.1 attacks per second, 93% base critical hit :-)) Only then can she stand agaisnt some one person commited to killing her, and not being an idiot about her ultimate arrow.

Brief summary of ideas...
any item that returns damage to ashe, with your damage will kill her fast, so dont puss out, finish the fight, if she runs you can probably catch and kill her, but be okay with letting her go so you can heal too. Getting killed by a turret or another hero reduces the effectiveness of killing anyone. Tanks, as long as you watch her lvl 6 arrow, and her lvl 12 arrow, you will win regardless, till lvl 17,18. Casters, using stun silence combos (at that point she's half health), you are how you kill her late late. stealth, you can kill her anytime in 2-3 seconds. Don't let her get 3 lvls ahead soloing.

Further ideas for killing to frozen maden?

My ahse build
summoner power : teleport and clairvoyance (gotta watch for ganks)

boots of speed health potion to start
P.stone
Beserker Greives
Zeal
BFSword
Pickaxe
Infinity edge
Phantom dancer
Infinifty edge
pantom dancer
brawlers golves for cheap 8% crit that pushes you over 100% chance :-)

pumaman1 12-01-2009 04:53 AM

Sorry, neglected to mention that i sometimes use executioners calling as last item, lifesteal plus crit plus huge crit damage make her hard to kill, but still very doable (yeah 2.3-2.5k health at 18...)

LaLaGoodbye 12-01-2009 05:34 AM

Ash is always LOLEASY to kill for me usually... shes just too squishy.

Xocolatl 12-01-2009 05:46 AM

Ashe's main asset is her very reliable and spammable slow. Any champ that can circumvent it by warping or stealthing in, or can simply fight from range should be able to dispatch her give or take skill and item build.

Razerwind 12-01-2009 07:40 AM

What in the hell games are you playing where you end up with 2 phantom dancers and 2 infinity edges? Good god.

GENERAL NUTBAKED 12-01-2009 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumaman1 (Hozzászólás 335798)
So I notice alot of people whining about how overpowered Ashe is, and how her arrow are too good, and as an Ahse preferred player, no. It isn't. {Rable rable, noise noise, your dumb puma} Seriously, with a 75 second cool down, 150 manna cost, linear movement, and really quite predictable timing its not that great. The player can enhance it but still very limited. And with limited manna stores her "overpowered" abilities are soon exhausted in anything beyond minion farming.

So how do you kill the frozen archer? you committ, with any tank, decent caster, or stealth unit. I cannot tell you how many times a stealthed evelyn shaco (pre-nerf) or twitch has essentially 2 hitted me with no retailiation. Wanted to hit back but stunned and ran over (or poisoned). And Warwick, Gangplank, Yi, Blitz, Jax, etc. can all take her down 1v1 without breaking a sweat early-midlate. Casters hiding behind creeps can do it with more work but with high manna and better cooldowns, Ahse falls. Basically Ash is ranged dps... with no damage or attack speed to begin the game. AND SLOW. nearly everyone else is faster than her. yes her ice arrows slow you...to a point your still faster after level 3 icing. She finally becomes a threat late game with my build of 2 infinity edges, 2 phantom dancers, beserker greaves, and either phil stone or more attack damage. (250+ damage, 2.1 attacks per second, 93% base critical hit :-)) Only then can she stand agaisnt some one person commited to killing her, and not being an idiot about her ultimate arrow.

Brief summary of ideas...
any item that returns damage to ashe, with your damage will kill her fast, so dont puss out, finish the fight, if she runs you can probably catch and kill her, but be okay with letting her go so you can heal too. Getting killed by a turret or another hero reduces the effectiveness of killing anyone. Tanks, as long as you watch her lvl 6 arrow, and her lvl 12 arrow, you will win regardless, till lvl 17,18. Casters, using stun silence combos (at that point she's half health), you are how you kill her late late. stealth, you can kill her anytime in 2-3 seconds. Don't let her get 3 lvls ahead soloing.

Further ideas for killing to frozen maden?

My ahse build
summoner power : teleport and clairvoyance (gotta watch for ganks)

boots of speed health potion to start
P.stone
Beserker Greives
Zeal
BFSword
Pickaxe
Infinity edge
Phantom dancer
Infinifty edge
pantom dancer
brawlers golves for cheap 8% crit that pushes you over 100% chance :-)

i start out with lv1 boots, then get inf edge, then black cleaver, then lv3 boots, then start building last whisper or phantom dancer depnding on the game. if you let me farm and i stay in group, you will die. if you are smart and stealth me, i will die so fast my anus wont regenerate before i respawn.

tenebre 12-01-2009 06:39 PM

The only way ashe is going to kill you is if she is either fed or left to farm. Lots of early game ganks absolutly shut down an ashe, just make sure the person laning against her is good =D

EmperorCookie 03-11-2010 06:03 AM

I stop reading this guide when you said you bought 2 infinity edges...

OmniOblivion 03-11-2010 06:34 AM

Against Ashe, I get Cleanse and Exhaust for summoner abilities (or Exhaust and Flash if you want to get Treads).

Harass her; Volley has an obscene range. It's important that you level up faster than her. You may take hits from playing aggressive against her, but this can keep her from farming/harassing.

Keep you health up; whether it's life stealing or health pots, have something to keep your health up. Volley does a lot of damage and her passive improves her chances for crit strikes.

Know your opponent; look at their summoner spells. Generally, an aggressive Ashe will have something like Ignite/Exhaust and Flash. Be sure to prepare for this when she rushes you.

Recall; even if it means losing your tower. You can't go up against an Ashe with low HP due to her insane zone control.

Necrax 03-11-2010 06:51 AM

wow.

2 inf edges, 2 phantom dancers. just ... wooooooot.

i guess that's plentiful bounty in action , right?

i don't have much trouble vs ashe but i think you should learn to kite as to understand why some people sometimes feel like biting their bottom when playing against her.