League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Warmogs and early health pots op (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3056974)

Timammoth 01-29-2013 06:14 AM

Warmogs and early health pots op

finding season 3 really boring compared to season 2. This is mostly for top lane. Starting items just spam health,mana pots and wards. With the amount of health pots u start off with it means that ur never really gona run anyone dry of health pots to maybe lvl 5 minimum. this is so annoying cos its so hard to poke or trade anyone out of lane. its also hard to get ganks off cos they can just ward up with starting builds. After this plp just rush 15min warmogs and become unkillable unless ganked for the next 15mins. This usally turns out to be a farming feast . This seems to happen about 70% of the time in top lane and its really boring. You can't carry in solo que via top lane. The only way to get kills is by getting them in team fights or if u get ganked or get a gank from ur jungler. Its not as good as season 2 where it felt like u could win your lane and there was a small tiping point to winning or losing ur lane. Now if u make a good trade or a bad trade. U got enuf health pots just to sustain back up early. Obvioously this is because of the base movement speed boost meaning that plp can get away with pots. And warmogs just needs to be straight up nerfed. Make tri force a bit cheaper. And maybe make resistances slightly worth getting. As it seems as if straight up health is the best defense at the moment. The feel of the game just seems to encourage building tanky and not damage at the moment. this makes the game less exciting in my opinion. And gives certain champs an advantage over others.

Another point i would like to touch on is the bountys. If u get 3 kills in a row then die they get a 500gold bounty. That pretty much gives them almost as much as the 3 kills u got on them in the 1st place and brings them right back in the game. I think players should be rewarded for putting enemy champions behind. This is just to easy to get back in the game. It almost encourages players to die 3 times then get a gank and kill that champion on the killing spree to get the bounty or for players to get 2 kills in a row then sucide to not give up the bounty. Its really pathetic because it makes early game less important and comebacks alot easier. players should be rewarded for getting more kills then there opponents. not killing oppenents when there on a killing spree. Seems like it doesn't matter if u win laning phase anymore. Its all about the team fights and late game. and remember to build warmogs gg

Taarki 01-29-2013 07:14 AM

lol all the games i play no one on top (cept people like mundo who are HP tanks) get warmogs...
and they all start boots 3 or boots 1 ward 1 pot

OhSavior 01-29-2013 09:53 AM

I like being able to have pots at the start. It's boring and frustrating when I have to recall again and again if I'm getting poked by I ranged.

I don't see many people rush warmogs, and even when they do it just takes a little teamwork and patience and you can kill them. It doesn't give them resistances so they are just as vulnerable as before except it will take more hits to kill them.

Most of the time if someone has a bounty they are hard to kill or doing well, I like being rewarded for killing the enemy doing so well.

Chopinator 01-29-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timammoth (Hozzászólás 34016692)
Another point i would like to touch on is the bountys. If u get 3 kills in a row then die they get a 500gold bounty. That pretty much gives them almost as much as the 3 kills u got on them in the 1st place and brings them right back in the game.

I think that they get 500 gold total for ending a killing spree. Each of your kills would be 300 gold (maybe slightly less for 2nd and 3rd) so you get 900 gold for those kills. That means you are up 400 gold. ...

Stringfever 01-29-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Starting items just spam health,mana pots and wards. With the amount of health pots u start off with it means that ur never really gona run anyone dry of health pots to maybe lvl 5 minimum.

Doesn't it say **** to you? If you are an all-iner like Olaf, Jax, Darius, Riven, Irelia, sustain means nothing to you, just **** on people lv 2/3. Also, tons of pots early delay major items and provide weak statuses. Make good use of that.

Quote:

this is so annoying cos its so hard to poke or trade anyone out of lane.

There's a nice thing on League of Legends called Brush. You should try it, specially against poking.

Quote:

its also hard to get ganks off cos they can just ward up with starting builds. After this plp just rush 15min warmogs and become unkillable unless ganked for the next 15mins.

Try to see where your enemy warded: tri, river brush or lane brush.
Communicate with your jungler.
?????.
Profit.

Quote:

You can't carry in solo que via top lane.

I'm holding myself to continue reading your post but it's hard. I'll do my best though. <3

Quote:

U got enuf health pots just to sustain back up early. Obvioously this is because of the base movement speed boost meaning that plp can get away with pots. And warmogs just needs to be straight up nerfed. Make tri force a bit cheaper. And maybe make resistances slightly worth getting.

Uh, you do realize that now you've got more options and more starting builds than before, right? That's an IMPROVEMENT. All of your suggestions there only implies in a return of a monocycling builds as we saw in Season 2. I don't wanna see new "Sword and Dagger"s or "Moonfair Spellblade"s. Let the game adjust itself. It's good "enuf". Also, you don't rush Warmog on everyone, only people who scales from health.

Quote:

The feel of the game just seems to encourage building tanky and not damage at the moment.

That's why you are playing at top lane and not bot. You are supposed to be a bruiser and not a Veigar.

Quote:

Another point i would like to touch on is the bountys. If u get 3 kills in a row then die they get a 500gold bounty. That pretty much gives them almost as much as the 3 kills u got on them in the 1st place and brings them right back in the game. I think players should be rewarded for putting enemy champions behind. This is just to easy to get back in the game.

Didn't you just complain about how boring the game is? Imagine when you counterpart snowballs the **** outta you. How frustrating that **** is. Now, with a decent gank or an awesome playz you can get back in the game. That's soooooo rewarding!!1111 <3

Quote:

Its all about the team fights and late game. and remember to build warmogs gg

The game was always about teamfights.See professional scene. Good mechanics and winning lane is good, but getting farmed and positioning wins you the game.

Also, build your warmogs. I get my Blade of the Ruined King.
OH ITS A NEW ITEMIZATION HOW IRONIC gg

Worst Iee sin 01-29-2013 12:12 PM

lol @ stringfever

all ur points are invalid raging, u have no logic in ur response

ur point about all-inners.... not even sure wat u mean, if u take an 'all-inner' ull be forced back to lane every few minutes if they have the sustain to counter u, and when laning vs them, pots counter that sustain/burst

brush doesnt work against poking... brush is a disengage, when poking, thats just trading a few hits at minions, timammoth was mentioning that because pots give so much sustain, poking becomes worthless, they will never run out of pots and thus always be full hp

ur point about ganking, a ward in river past river bush basically stops all ganks except through tri, and even if opponent is on purple, a trip through enemy jung for ur jungler can go quite wrong

next comment was random spam

pots + wards is the new monocycle, u wont see new 'sword and daggers', or even new starting builds, because pots + wards dominates the rest

top lane is supposed to be a bruiser, stacking both hp/resists + damage; with resist nerfs (flat and percent remake) hp is more viable, and with only 1 defensive stat to build on, it ends up being worth more than hp/damage, so stacking hp is the new meta

wat he means by bounty is that a lucky kill can remove all ur hard work snowballing; if u have a solid lead and then die, giving them the bounty, ur now behind in ur lane, and they got a free lead with less skill than urs was gained by

blade of the ruined king is worthless on a bruiser. with so little attack speed, u dont proc the effect often enough for it to be worth it, a BT or atmas ends up hitting more; only on an adc would the blade hit more (because of att speed) and even then it would hardly be worth it (even seen an adc with one? or even ANYONE with one?)

dont flame when u dont know ****

adc 01-29-2013 12:20 PM

Lol, dudemydude, your post is hilarious.

Sustain doesn't counter all-ins. Sustain counters poke. Poke counters burst (all-in). Burst counters sustain. You can't sustain over a 100 -> 0 unless your sustain is broken OP.

Brush is great against poking. Sit in brush and suddenly they can't poke you anymore. Holy ****, the logic!

Oh noes they warded, better try a different path or a lane gank!

What in the **** is a monocycle? Rofl.

Top lane is supposed to be bruiser; top lane is whatever your team needs. It just tends to be a bruiser.

It's hardly less skill if they kill an opponent that was ahead of them - I'd call that even more skill.

It's a good thing the ADC is meant to be the one doing the most damage to everyone, then, isn't it?

Drakojan 01-29-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taarki (Hozzászólás 34017558)
lol all the games i play no one on top (cept people like mundo who are HP tanks) get warmogs...
and they all start boots 3 or boots 1 ward 1 pot

Why do people start boots 3 still? T1 Boots are never really worth it, 25 move speed isn't really anything unless you're playing against Ezreal or Brand or something. (Even then it'll help you dodge like one skillshot. Or two.) I like starting 9 pots and 2 ward because I'm a bad farmer, so I don't want to base and the only thing I'm able to buy is an Amp Tome. Lol.

Timammoth 01-29-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chopinator (Hozzászólás 34020617)
I think that they get 500 gold total for ending a killing spree. Each of your kills would be 300 gold (maybe slightly less for 2nd and 3rd) so you get 900 gold for those kills. That means you are up 400 gold. ...

Im certain it goes 300gold 1st kill 200gold 2nd kill 150gold 3rd kill. If they were to get no other kills and be 0/3 down from this = 650 gold. THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE 1ST BLOOD BONUS OF 500GOLD. 650-500 from the bounty = 150. So u only gain 150gold in normal circumstances if u kill them 3 times then u die to them once giving them the 500 gold bounty. With 1st blood the advanteage would be 350gold. But still i believe the player that kills them 3 times should be more greatly rewarded. Because atm the player that earns the 500 gold bounty almost comes even with the opposing player again. Tbh this makes cs become more appealing. Cos that would be the only defining diffrence. And taking the tower of course.

Treza 01-29-2013 10:14 PM

games with low numbers of kills in the early game are the best games. i prefer it being more slow played in the beginning makes the game less derpy