League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Is it possible for an AIR aircraft carrier to exist? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3054977)

Thane Soren 01-28-2013 03:03 PM

Is it possible for an AIR aircraft carrier to exist?

1 Attachment(s)
Instead of an aircraft carrier on water, it would be an aircraft carrier in the AIR.

so it would be like an airplane carrying airplanes

Attachment 601671

Is it scientifically possible? Would water-based aircraft carriers still exist if airborne carriers existed?

Umbasa 01-28-2013 03:04 PM

way too much energy to suspend an object that high in the air for an extended period of time

Ghostshadowblade 01-28-2013 03:08 PM

uhhhhh... Wah?

Postal Twinkie 01-28-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ion Recovery (Hozzászólás 33996593)
way too much energy to suspend an object that high in the air for an extended period of time

Yea, I guess it would be possible, but as Ion said, sooooo much energy to do that!

Fujiou 01-28-2013 03:50 PM

ITT: Nobody has heard of zeppelins.

Peacë 01-28-2013 03:55 PM

idk you could You could try to Hindenburg it..... lots of Hindenburgs.... suspending a platform... sounds safe? right?

Einheria Valesti 01-28-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fujiou (Hozzászólás 33998162)
ITT: Nobody has heard of zeppelins.

you wanna put jets...that shoot huge gout's of fire out of their engines....on a zepplin...which is filled with highly flammable/explosive gas

uwotm8

Iytrix 01-28-2013 04:23 PM

Really guys? I am ashamed! Where is the creativity?

Firstly, yes, it's very very possible. The scale an amount of aircraft is in question, but put a prop plane or glider under a zepplin, and huzzah!

What I would do though for this, is use some sort of solar energy and make a craft that isn't using the energy to move that much, but moreso to just float. I am not sure how much energy solar would produce, and it depends on the size of the craft, but I think on a large scale this would work. From there you just put on the planes. I feel at the very least someone should make an ever-floating sky hotel.

Postal Twinkie 01-28-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scootăloo (Hozzászólás 33999072)
you wanna put jets...that shoot huge gout's of fire out of their engines....on a zepplin...which is filled with highly flammable/explosive gas

uwotm8

Fuj is known for speaking, prior to thinking.

Umbasa 01-28-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isabella Iytrix (Hozzászólás 33999284)
Really guys? I am ashamed! Where is the creativity?

Firstly, yes, it's very very possible. The scale an amount of aircraft is in question, but put a prop plane or glider under a zepplin, and huzzah!

What I would do though for this, is use some sort of solar energy and make a craft that isn't using the energy to move that much, but moreso to just float. I am not sure how much energy solar would produce, and it depends on the size of the craft, but I think on a large scale this would work. From there you just put on the planes. I feel at the very least someone should make an ever-floating sky hotel.

do you have any idea how much energy it would take to keep something like that afloat at all? solar energy wouldnt come close to cutting it, much less petroleum. its so impractical