League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   ...Teleport...? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3053677)

Redeemed In Fire 01-28-2013 06:44 AM

...Teleport...?

Given how dominant Garrison, Revive, and Exhaust are on this map, why not allow Teleport? Allow TPing to allied capture points and minions.

If nothing else, there's finally a fourth OP summoner spell to fight with the other 3.

DiscworldDeath 01-28-2013 06:48 AM

Erm, are you serious?

Say I die top, which we control, and use revive - it still takes me some time to make it back. People can still stop me en route.

Teleport, especially with its cooldown - if we win top, I can sit at nexus and wait till I see where you're attacking and immediately teleport there - my whole team can. Doesn't even require sitting in jungle to try and catch you - and if I'm on a speed shrine I'll be arriving zooming and vrooming.

If we win top fight, and your team revives, it still gives time for some of us who died to make it back or who just went b to heal and begin running back. With teleport, people will just go b, heal up and make it back even faster than the revive bonus allows - you have to remember that recall is also faster on Dominion, so recall>Teleport is pretty swift.

Finally, you do know you can also teleport to Teemo shrooms and such, right? That's really what you want to see, more Teemo shrooms?

Redeemed In Fire 01-28-2013 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath (Hozzászólás 33982169)
Erm, are you serious?

Say I die top, which we control, and use revive - it still takes me some time to make it back. People can still stop me en route.

Teleport, especially with its cooldown - if we win top, I can sit at nexus and wait till I see where you're attacking and immediately teleport there - my whole team can. Doesn't even require sitting in jungle to try and catch you - and if I'm on a speed shrine I'll be arriving zooming and vrooming.

If we win top fight, and your team revives, it still gives time for some of us who died to make it back or who just went b to heal and begin running back. With teleport, people will just go b, heal up and make it back even faster than the revive bonus allows - you have to remember that recall is also faster on Dominion, so recall>Teleport is pretty swift.

Finally, you do know you can also teleport to Teemo shrooms and such, right? That's really what you want to see, more Teemo shrooms?

Maybe a gimped TP? Only to allied CPs and on a closer to revive CD? I'm just saying that a teleport spell could be another viable summoner if done right, even if the default one wouldn't work out.

GET REKT FGT 01-28-2013 07:11 AM

Kass would be unstoppable lol just imagine... Riftwalking away and teleporting to an ally minion, all while clearing a wave once he got there...even in a gimped form it'd make high mobility champs horridly overpowered. Bot lane would catch hell with instant ganks (because a smart top player would blow it once he knows his team has top.)

Did you escape from a gank? Well it's going to suck for you if they have any minions near your capture point or near your spawn entry.

Teleporting to allied CPs promotes imbalance for tanky champs. Just have someone hold off long enough for someone like Alistar to teleport to Windmill, toss a garrison and blow his ult and bam, no stolen point. Promotes very stale play, and this is coming from a Rammus and Soraka player.

Revive in a sense promotes strategical gameplay. It allows anticipation, rubber banding, or simply a small counter in a map where time spent dead weighs so much. What would teleport bring in terms of strategy except for making most strong champs stronger in terms of map domination? TF, Pantheon, Kass, Ez, Khazix, Jayce, Rammus, etc. would be able to abuse this greatly.

Orphane 01-28-2013 08:24 AM

But think of the plays, Ekis!

Redeemed In Fire 01-28-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ekis the Seraph (Hozzászólás 33982644)
Kass would be unstoppable lol just imagine... Riftwalking away and teleporting to an ally minion, all while clearing a wave once he got there...even in a gimped form it'd make high mobility champs horridly overpowered. Bot lane would catch hell with instant ganks (because a smart top player would blow it once he knows his team has top.)

I don't think pointing out that an already broken champion would be broken with this spell is exactly a reason to not add it...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ekis the Seraph (Hozzászólás 33982644)
Teleporting to allied CPs promotes imbalance for tanky champs. Just have someone hold off long enough for someone like Alistar to teleport to Windmill, toss a garrison and blow his ult and bam, no stolen point. Promotes very stale play, and this is coming from a Rammus and Soraka player.

So that ali won't have revive? seems like a fair trade to me...

And so begins the "it would be bad because it might do X" parade... :(

CommodoreSkippy 01-28-2013 08:32 AM

People hate Revive because it's like a really bad teleport, and that's really good.

So even a plain bad teleport would be amazing. 'Nuff said

Redeemed In Fire 01-28-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CommodoreSkippy (Hozzászólás 33984292)
People hate Revive because it's like a really bad teleport, and that's really good.

So even a plain bad teleport would be amazing. 'Nuff said

Not exactly. TP can't turn 5 people down for 10 more seconds into 2-4 streaming out to hold a point.

konfetarius 01-28-2013 09:29 AM

Personally, I'd like to see Teleport happen. Just not with current revive wave/timer system. Because the current timers basically make it into a better, lower cooldown Revive summoner.

However, if we were to try implementing Teleport *before* adjusting the revive timers, I would do it this way: Allow teleporting only while standing on a fully charged, uncontested point to another fully charged, uncontested point. Since it would be a mechanically different summoner, could even adjust the cooldown to be more appropriate. Call it "Gate" to avoid confusion and burden of knowledge yada yada.

This would allow Teleport to serve function of cross map mobility for reinforcing points, but prevent it from being a better revive, and prevent it from being a "bail bot lane from gank or stop backcap" button. On the other hand, it still holds some interesting strategy in that a freshly captured point can be rapidly reinforced, and it gives another option for the bot laner (can switch to top in anticipation of a major fight).

Armed Weasel 01-28-2013 09:56 AM

Yeah, actually. A spell like teleport could make the game better by taking a little away from how strong jungle control is.