League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   @RIOT What are we going to do about pregame? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3053610)

CaptainAMorgan 01-28-2013 06:56 AM

@RIOT What are we going to do about pregame?

I wanted to bring up a concern of mine that I have had for quite a while. (my suggestions are at the bottom in bold if you aren't interested in my reasoning/examples)

What is the deal with the pre-game setup?

Honestly it perpetuates bad behavior, it's not entirely your fault, but it's entirely up to you to improve the system.

I am not re-hashing all the **** about role selection, that is not what I am getting at. I am talking about the trolling that happens because of LoLking.

Basically every lobby I come into everyone is grabbing up other's statistics when they call a role. And generally being an ass about the role that was called.

Player 1 - I would like to play mid
Player 2 - Let me look you up
Player 3 - Looks like he had a bad last game

From here one of a few things happen:
A) Everyone flames him and freaks out until he goes support or leaves
B) That person goes to their position and is flamed all game
C) Someone dodges out of fear

Why should this ever be possible? Why do we even need to know who the people we are going to play with are in a ranked game if this is what becomes of such a thing?

When I join a ranked lobby, I want to play a competitive game at my best. I have no interest in bickering over positions and looking other's previous records up (as I know nothing about the games they just played). But more and more it's a bickerfest and E-peen enlargement of "who has the best Lolking stats".

I obviously didn't join lobby for that. I doubt you did either.

Can we please improve this system RIOT?

My suggestions to improve the pre-game lobby:
1) Remove summoner names till loading screen (this would eliminate record lookups and the dodges associate with them)
2) Allow for a muting function in the lobby (this will make it so you can easily ignore the disruptive people from the get-go)
3) Create some more player responsibility (There needs to be some more pre-game lobby based honors and reports)
4) Allow for pre/post game chat to be on the tribunal report (this is a step off from the pre-game lobby title discussion, but it needs to be said)
5) Regarding ranked - Be more strict on those playing for ranking. I honestly do not understand how punishments can be dealt in the same way when it comes to ranking vs public games. I really feel like there needs to be some type of special punishments when it comes to ranked. Possible ranked Q suspensions for behavior? Just something to improve any aspect of the system would be much appreciated.

These are my suggestions, what are yours? What are your thoughts on the pre-game lobby and the way things are handled there, and even the postgame?

Remember to vote and comment, let's let RIOT know what we think and that we want to see an improvement!

Please add your own suggestions! Let's get some headway on this!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse (Hozzászólás 33993241)
1: Hide summoner names not on your friends list.

2: Increase penalties for dodging - low penalties increases the prevalence of lobby trolls and makes out_picking another team more difficult (bad team comp? Dodge!).

3: Save logs of pregame and in-game chat and provide a game recap after even a failed lobby. Allow browsing of these logs as a refresher for making reports (or for honoring for communication or teamwork).

Some specific improvements from another poster to some of the things I said. Thanks TrojanHorse!

CaptainAMorgan 01-28-2013 07:00 AM

These forums move sooooo fast.

Can we please see some action regarding this?

I really cannot take any more of this madness before I even get to pick a champ.

When you vote, if you don't mind posting, that would be great!

I would really like to see something done to improve this system, at least steps being taken to do so.

Also, post some suggestions I want to know what others think about this.

Teralisan 01-28-2013 07:01 AM

nerf Lolking
ytf do we need to know anything beyond what the in game Summoner Profile tells us?

TerminatusOmega 01-28-2013 07:04 AM

agree, bump.

if Riot wanted this to be a team based game, they need to implement proper tools so players can play with other players who cares... at times I get matched with trolls or assshats who would pick a position regardless if someone called it or picked it first. than it forces the players who REALLY want to play as a team to dodge- the troll/assshat don't care if they dodge or not.

CaptainAMorgan 01-28-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teralisan (Hozzászólás 33981363)
nerf Lolking
ytf do we need to know anything beyond what the in game Summoner Profile tells us?

Yes, this is indeed LoLking's fault

But there are things that RIOT can do to fix this. (like not even showing the summoner name)

RIOT complains about dodging, but they haven't done anything to improve the system to have people be more reluctant to dodge. In fact, the current system perpetuates it in a nasty way that I am starting to think I don't want to be a part of...

I would rather play games that don't have me stressing every time I press the "Accept" button....
Quote:

Originally Posted by TerminatusOmega (Hozzászólás 33981414)
agree, bump.

if Riot wanted this to be a team based game, they need to implement proper tools so players can play with other players who cares... at times I get matched with trolls or assshats who would pick a position regardless if someone called it or picked it first. than it forces the players who REALLY want to play as a team to dodge- the troll/assshat don't care if they dodge or not.

Thanks, yeah I agree.

Right now the current system doesn't punish those that are bothering others and it gives those negatively effected no recourse or action to take against the offender.

It's like the wild west except no one can shoot. They can only spout horrible bile and cause as much pain to those who choose to take it, until they dodge or straight lose 20 minutes or more of their life dealing with a complete ass (that may or may never be banned)

CaptainAMorgan 01-28-2013 07:09 AM

If you honestly don't think there is something wrong with the system, could you please address the issues in my OP?

I would like an honest answer regarding this because I am curious to know how you can even think that.

I really don't see how anyone with previous game experience can think that this lobby system is even remotely OK to deal with at this point.

CaptainAMorgan 01-28-2013 07:12 AM

Maybe this isn't the best time to post this?

Does no one want to address this issue with the company.

This issue alone is making me reconsider playing the game entirely, my ilk and I cannot honestly be alone in this feeling....

CaptainAMorgan 01-28-2013 07:32 AM

People vote, but never write anything.

Does no one have any say on this subject???

Teralisan 01-28-2013 07:36 AM

meh
we all know there is an issue
we just have 0 clue how to deal with it

CaptainAMorgan 01-28-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teralisan (Hozzászólás 33981937)
meh
we all know there is an issue
we just have 0 clue how to deal with it

Who is WE?

The playerbase?
Or RIOT?

Because from their inaction I seem to think that RIOT is not dealing with this issue.

The only thing I really want to see on the next patch notes is "Summoner names will no longer be in the pre-game lobby".

At least it would be a step in the right direction. It would immediately solve a growing problem.

Then we can work on bigger issues, for now I think there is no denying my above statements.

What do you think about my proposed suggestions, do you have any of your own?