League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   When you inevitably nerf Kayle (wrongly) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3053006)

McNaulty 01-27-2013 09:54 PM

When you inevitably nerf Kayle (wrongly)

Dear Riot,

I know you will soon change Kayle for the worse. This is because, currently, Kayle is both popular and strong. I realize this is going to happen, and only ask that you do not do so haphazardly. As such, I ask you only nerf Kayle's ratios, and do not change the cooldown or duration of any of Kayle's spells.

Kayle's popularity is, of course, caused by the Season 3 changes, which cast out many of her weak matchups and elevated her strong matchups (and buffed her AP itemization). It would be silly to substantially nerf Kayle because of what is currently FOTM.

Thank you,

-MC

RadiantPyrophore 01-28-2013 12:53 AM

Shh, I'm charging my Dumbass Laser

GardeniaSky 01-28-2013 01:06 AM

I, personally think it's wrong to nerf characters....if you're going to nerf one nerf em all. Not just one at a time. It's sad.

Bamboo Worrior 01-28-2013 02:13 AM

nerf Kayle again? where did you hear that from? Kayle is support and fighter, her performance is totally reasonable.

Adrian Umbra 01-28-2013 05:11 AM

What? I'm not seeing a change in Kayle popularity or strength at all...

Folly Inc 01-28-2013 06:13 AM

She has become stronger due to the weapon changes, Ravenous Hydra is especially effective on her, considering she is a melee champion that is allowed to use the weapon in a ranged fashion, and as a double AoE. I haven't confirmed this myself, but I imagine it works just fine, and is particularly good at life leeching.

But I don't think Kayle has dramatically changed, or her function has differed in any significant way.

McNaulty 01-28-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrian Umbra (Hozzászólás 33980655)
What? I'm not seeing a change in Kayle popularity or strength at all...

What?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Folly Inc (Hozzászólás 33981564)
She has become stronger due to the weapon changes, Ravenous Hydra is especially effective on her, considering she is a melee champion that is allowed to use the weapon in a ranged fashion, and as a double AoE. I haven't confirmed this myself, but I imagine it works just fine, and is particularly good at life leeching.

But I don't think Kayle has dramatically changed, or her function has differed in any significant way.

Nashors + Liandrys.

Where do you people come from?

Peligrad 01-28-2013 08:34 AM

Kayle just got a sweet new skin. That's why she's popular.

If you look through the tournies, Kayle got some play, but she was always picked as part of some Ult combo team.

Like Lulu+Wukong+ Kayle or something like that.

Kayle isn't being played just because she's strong...like how Lee, Nid, Amumu, Malph, and some others just get gobbled up because they're strong champions.....

She's being picked up to complement her team comp.

Riot sees the difference. They aren't going to nerf Kayle.

MrFisterRoboto 01-28-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Folly Inc (Hozzászólás 33981564)

Actually I think you have that wrong. When she activates her E, her attacks get tagged as 'ranged' and not 'melee'. You can still get Runaan's Hurricane to get the 2 extra hits (that proc on-hit effects, which is cool), but you can't get the Hydra effect on her E. The Hydra effect can only occur when her E is down and you're just swinging normal melee hits on people.

I suspect they did this because Hydra would be a little too good on Kayle specifically, getting an AoE double-dip with her E+Hydra effect.

Peligrad 01-28-2013 08:57 AM

No...

Kayle is a melee champion and could use RH even while RF is going.

But RH is a terrible item on her...so no one does.

Hybrid itemization is so much better... Nashor's, Rageblade, Gunblade, all 3 of them are way more cost effective for kayle (as is Liandry's). No one above 1300 ELO is buying RH on her...even though it does work.