League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Tribunal Ban Inquiries (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   I have a quick question. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3052102)

Brodim 01-27-2013 04:43 PM

I have a quick question.

Is it possible to be banned if someone on the other team started verbally abusing me, and I counter trolled him in response, but I didn't use any profanity or call him any names?

Demoritus 01-27-2013 04:48 PM

If it happens enough to where you get multiple reports it will go to the tribunal and they will vote. If you broke any of the rules its very possible you will get banned.

embalmdk 01-27-2013 04:48 PM

First retaliation is not appropriate, Riot frowns on retaliation as it cause 8 other players to listen to an argument between 2 individuals.

Secondly, as long as you were not goading, insulting, using the words tribunal or report/reported/reporting, then I would not have an issue. If however you used the word report or threatened tribunal I would look just as unkindly upon your report as much as the other. There are different ways to harass people, even nicely.

Alanja 01-27-2013 05:52 PM

As embalmdk says, retaliation is never ok.

And trolling isn't either. Granted, if you do it perfectly, the Tribunal will not see it, but most people are not perfect and some of us spot trolling (or counter-trolling) and punish it.

Please just be the bigger person and play the game, simply ignoring those people who seek attention.

Shelzin 01-28-2013 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodim (Hozzászólás 33965619)
Is it possible to be banned if someone on the other team started verbally abusing me, and I counter trolled him in response, but I didn't use any profanity or call him any names?

If it's obvious you are trying to piss someone off... Yes... It is absolutely possible for you to be banned. If someone is pissing you off ignore them.

Gbay99 video on some simple but very good advise.

Brodim 01-29-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by embalmdk (Hozzászólás 33965761)
First retaliation is not appropriate, Riot frowns on retaliation as it cause 8 other players to listen to an argument between 2 individuals.

Secondly, as long as you were not goading, insulting, using the words tribunal or report/reported/reporting, then I would not have an issue. If however you used the word report or threatened tribunal I would look just as unkindly upon your report as much as the other. There are different ways to harass people, even nicely.

The only time I used the report is before I even started trolling him when he said that I was going to be reported and he started talking smack and calling me names so I said what am I going to be reported for when you are the one verbally abusing me.

Brodim 01-29-2013 01:58 PM

Ok I will no longer counter troll people

Takerial 01-29-2013 01:59 PM

Your best response to trolls are to mute them or report them later.

Then win by you simply responding.