League of Legends Community
12

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Ezreal needs his 10DMG back (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3049034)

Skellyton22 01-26-2013 08:12 PM

Ezreal needs his 10DMG back
 
Ok AD used to be OP. We all know that. Part of fixing that was nerfing the DMG on Ess. Flux by 10 and upping the AP ratio. It worked at the time, AD got nerfed and AP got the ratio, witch some could call a nerf, buff or even change. But this was not all.Then the attack speed debuff got axed, not to bad for AP Ez but still a nerf. The killer though was the recent attack speed nerf. AP Ez RIGHT NOW was already hurting. With the new changes, lots of other people got a lot better while AP Ez has stayed the same. Since Ez is a kill lane(as AP he is a kill lane, he may seam like a farm lane with his Q but he's really not) things like the flask are extreamly hard on him. Above all of the item changes, another being warmogs, the change to boots is really hard on him. Since he is a skill shot champ, this was a flat nerf. People can doge his skill shots more easily while getting another iteam, unlike before.

All AP's power is based in the mid and early game, but lose power late game. But since the first 13 AP is used to just bring him on level with other AP's, its not reasonable to try for early power, and with that you have to set yourself up for late game(also you have to get at least some mana fixing witch also forces him into the late game) your power acts like a carry: weak early, but "strong" late. But since AP is inherently worse late game, he's always weaker than other champs.

The simple solution: give him back his 10 DMG on Essence Flux, and take away the ally attack speed but still give it something to proc his passive on allys, even if it is a tiny thing or how about nothing at all to the allys? You don't see it a lot in LOL, that type of mechanic but why not?

You don't have to hit the Attack speed buff, but the reason I think its a good place to hit is that first, its the same spell. The change is not giveing power one place but taking it out another, its the same spot. Also thematically, it just does not fit. Why does Ez have an attack speed buff? The reason is when it was made, Ess Flux also healed ally's. The idea was that it healed ally's and increased their attack speed, while hurting enemy's and reducing attack speed. Needless to say the heal was WAY over powered and quickly got cut, leaving it with the attack speed change. Now the attack speed debuff got cut and we are left with the AS buff. Without the other 2 parts of the spell this AS buff is completly out of place. Why does Ezreal of all people need an Attack speed buff? It does not increase his AS so its not helpful for AD and AP wants to be hitting the enemy not ally's. On AD you use it for his passive. But why AS? Its just power in Ez that could be put some were else helpful. For the passive, just make it not help ally's but still proc the passive or give it something that makes fits.

If people(Riot or players) don't like this lets say most people like the AS buff and i'm the odd one out then keep it. But AP still NEEDS a buff. If is not that then there are lots of different way to buff AP without buffing AD. The first I think of is up the AP ratio. Lets do some math:

A normal AP ratio is around .8 if i'm right. And if we are talking about level 1 AP from runes if im right most AP's start with like 25ish AP - 35, depending on how much AP want from their runes.

80 + .8(25) = 100
80 + .8(35) = 108

If you uped the AP ratio to 1.0 and kept the base DMG at 70

70 + 25 = 95
70 + 35 = 105

With this he is losing just a little bit of DMG at level one, but has more at higher levels. 1.0 is also a nice and even number. Also the higher AP ratio goes well with the stacking of AP that you do for the Lichbane.

But lets say you dont want a higher ratio on Ess flux, you get a tome and its starts to get out of hand(really I don't think it would mainly because he will run out of mana), then up his ratios on Arc Shift, it used to do more DMG anyway and its not as good early game. But then it is much harder to counter play by dodging and is overall much easier to land. If this is not liked then what about a mix of an increase in AP ratio of both spells, but only by .1?
The point is there is a lot of things you could do.

I do not say this because I just want the champ I play to get a buff, but truly because I feel it needs it. I feel safe in saying that anyone who really plays AP Ez would agree with me that he needs some love.







TLDR: The nerfs to AD Ez without buffs to AP and the new items have made AP Ez basically unplayable. He needs a buff and a good place I feel it could be is to give the 10DMG on Essence Flux back, and take away the attack speed buff but keep it so you can proc his passive on ally's.



Also, sorry if the spelling is not great, I tried my best but I'm not a great speller.

Edit: The math is just something to compare it to. I've had people tell me .8 is to high. If you don't agree with my numbers then just ignore them, they are not the point of this post.

Badruk 01-26-2013 08:42 PM

I for one think they should move some of the ratio on his E (since it never seems to hit the right person :/) onto his ult and his W it would keep his damage the same while also making it more reliable; So basically i think both his ult (currently 90%) and his W (currently 80%) should get a 100% AP ratio and his E (currently 75%) should be like 50% or 60%, It probably wouldn't make him OP considering his total AP ratio on one rotation would be 270% and other APs have way over that ( for example Leblanc has 375% and Morg has 330%)

Fuinhas 01-26-2013 09:25 PM

hmmmm, aren't we forgeting something?

oh right:

-0.8 normal ap ratio?!?!?!? sorry, but no
0.6-0.7 IS a normal ap ratio.

-extremely low mana cost + Ezeal good synergy with mana items (sheen>>lichbane)

-you don't push your lane when you use W nor it's stopped by minion. This alone makes it one of the best harrassing tools in the game.

the only, and ONLY thing that's hindering AP ezreal is the fact that Mystic Shot deals physical damage (stacking Armpen+MRpen is a pain in the arse).







" a normal ap ratio is around 0.8". +1 for the laugh you just gave me.

Skellyton22 01-26-2013 09:55 PM

To Fuinhas, the .8 AP ratio thing, that is why I did put "if Im right". To the mana thing, you would think Ez has low mana costs, but he has a low base mana pool and even more, with the new attack speed nerf you HAVE to use your mana to last hit, you just can attack all the minnions you need to. Also, with people dogeing your skillshots your W starts to eat a lot of mana really fast. If you use it very sparingly its not bad, but if you are trying to use it a longer range, even if you are really good at landing it, most of the time if the other player knows how to doge skill shots you will not hit. And shift EATS mana. its 95 at level one.

over all, since he's spells are skill shots, even though each spell is a lower mana cost (and its not a lot lower on W) you lose a lot of mana to missed skill shots.

The physical DMG is also I good and bad thing, because it mixes your DMG. It makes hit harder to counter build but you get counter build when people build armor for your ADC.

The lichbane is not as great as you think, its good, but does not show up tell later in the game.

The harassing on W. This, and everything else really tells me that it is very unlikly that you play AP Ez, or if you do, you are at a low elo. Best harassing in the game? If you play at medium or high elo, people know how to doge it. And even more, as I talked about, right now since it only does 70DMG, on top of the fact that its hard to lane(vs good people) it does less DMG when you do than most AP's.

The does not push? Thats both a good and bad thing. Yes it makes it so you don't push when you use it but it also means that if Ez wants to push faster than a slug he has to use his ult.

Skellyton22 01-26-2013 10:10 PM

In response to Badruk. I understand your point, but the cold hard truth is its not the a problem with the spell, your just bad. Shift is by far the easiest to land because though it is a skill shot in the form of shifting to the right place, the shot fired from it WILL hit. People can't doge it like the rest of his skills.

Skellyton22 01-26-2013 10:21 PM

Im getting down votes, please explain why, I would really like to know other people's opinions.

And if you up vote It would be nice to explain why too.

Badruk 01-27-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skellyton22 (Hozzászólás 33942765)
In response to Badruk. I understand your point, but the cold hard truth is its not the a problem with the spell, your just bad. Shift is by far the easiest to land because though it is a skill shot in the form of shifting to the right place, the shot fired from it WILL hit. People can't doge it like the rest of his skills.

Except for the fact that if your anywhere near minions it probably wont hit the right person cause it doesn't prioritize champions............ no need to be a dick about it

Badruk 01-27-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuinhas (Hozzászólás 33941066)
hmmmm, aren't we forgeting something?

oh right:

-0.8 normal ap ratio?!?!?!? sorry, but no
0.6-0.7 IS a normal ap ratio.

-extremely low mana cost + Ezeal good synergy with mana items (sheen>>lichbane)

-you don't push your lane when you use W nor it's stopped by minion. This alone makes it one of the best harrassing tools in the game.

the only, and ONLY thing that's hindering AP ezreal is the fact that Mystic Shot deals physical damage (stacking Armpen+MRpen is a pain in the arse).







" a normal ap ratio is around 0.8". +1 for the laugh you just gave me.

AP Ez is also hindered by his greatest strength, the fact that his w doesn't hit minions meaning that he has no wave clear unless you wanna use ult to farm, in which case half your damage just got up and left

Kadajko 01-27-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skellyton22 (Hozzászólás 33934655)

All AP's power is based in the mid and early game, but lose power late game.

Not AP Ezreal, he is a carry, and get's better late game. He is as useful late game if not more useful than the AD Carry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuinhas (Hozzászólás 33941066)
hmmmm, aren't we forgeting something?

-you don't push your lane when you use W nor it's stopped by minion. This alone makes it one of the best harrassing tools in the game.

the only, and ONLY thing that's hindering AP ezreal is the fact that Mystic Shot deals physical damage (stacking Armpen+MRpen is a pain in the arse).

No, just no. The fact that W doesn't damage minions is horrible. What AP Ezreal needs is to not sit in his lane, but rather clear it as fast as possible and go roaming.
Because of the fact that W doesn't damage minions I am forced to clear the wave with the ult.

New Lichbane does Magic damage.

Kadajko 01-27-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skellyton22 (Hozzászólás 33942765)
In response to Badruk. I understand your point, but the cold hard truth is its not the a problem with the spell, your just bad. Shift is by far the easiest to land because though it is a skill shot in the form of shifting to the right place, the shot fired from it WILL hit. People can't doge it like the rest of his skills.

Shift is one of the worst skillshots in the game:
It homes to minions in lane, it home sto jungle creeps, it homes to champions that you don't want to hit, and if you want it to home exactly where you want it to be you have to put yourself in a very dangerous position as a squishy character.
It only works well in situations where the target you want to it is alone/semi-alone. Which is very freaking rare.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:16 PM.
12


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc