League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   AP Alistar (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3047476)

Lexinus 01-26-2013 01:30 PM

AP Alistar

I played AP Alistar on an ARAM and I had the most fun. Almost 40 assists and like 15 kills. Is AP Alistar viable in summoners rift?

Cenerae 01-26-2013 05:10 PM

It used to be pretty good, but they nerfed his AP ratios pretty heavily because of how much of a lane bully he became.

As his AP ratios stand right now, it's not worth doing in SR. You just won't deal enough damage.

Lexinus 01-28-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cenerae (Hozzászólás 33926733)
It used to be pretty good, but they nerfed his AP ratios pretty heavily because of how much of a lane bully he became.

As his AP ratios stand right now, it's not worth doing in SR. You just won't deal enough damage.

Hmm. Okay. Is that why he was so popular in S2? I wanna play him in lane without being a lame support. I mean, I could play him well as support, and support isnt lame but idk. Think there might be a build out there where he could do good damage..

Cenerae 01-28-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lexinus (Hozzászólás 33995135)
Hmm. Okay. Is that why he was so popular in S2? I wanna play him in lane without being a lame support. I mean, I could play him well as support, and support isnt lame but idk. Think there might be a build out there where he could do good damage..

His headbutt and pulverise used to have, I think it was a 0.8 and 1.0 ratio respectively? I don't remember exactly, but it was much, much higher than it is now.

AP Alistar was a risk-free lane stomper, because he could headbutt+pulv you out of farming range and keep you zoned there after landing a couple of those combos, while healing up any harrass you'd take in return.

As it stands, if you're hell bent on playing him in a non support role, you could try jungling him. His clear speed is atrocious but his ganks are amazing. Get a few good ganks in, grab a sheen and you'll have enough burst to carry the early game. You just won't really be able to scale offensively in any meaningful manner. His only AD steroid is attached to his ultimate, and his AP ratios just don't cut it.

Not that it's impossible to be defiant and play him that way despite it, just don't go in expecting to be a powerhouse.

SeCKS Egai 01-28-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cenerae (Hozzászólás 33926733)

This.

I was around for most of S2, but in a lane an ali can be pretty irritating in between the headbutts and knockup.

Pitufito Dell 01-28-2013 07:08 PM

You can play alistar on mid lane to counter melees (either mages or assassins). Just stack up cdr and proper defensive stat, and push lane/roam or let the enemy push/headbut him on you'r turret. He is very safe, is difficult to gank and can pull out lethal ammount of cc. Also, is recomended to pick Iceborn Gauntelet and Wits end, for extra offensive power.

Lexinus 01-30-2013 11:06 AM

Yeah. I supported my friend who is a pro ez player and I got some awesome flash headbutt assist. He's a lot of fun.