League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Why do I get punished for dodging? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3046316)

Claytone 01-26-2013 04:32 AM

Why do I get punished for dodging?

When my team gets a troll, I dodge, I save 4 people from loosing elo, and I save 3 people from playing with that troll.

And I have to wait 30 minutes/ 1 hour? This is really bull****.

I'm not gonna spend 30+ minutes playing an unbearable game with a troll, and then loose elo that I worked hard for.

Dodge time is too long.

UnblestDevotee 01-26-2013 04:38 AM

Really they just need a report option where it takes 3 or 4 peoples vote during rank pick to dodge. Then it sends everything that was said and the pick order (Including the times of both) to the tribunal.

TooMuchTooHandle 01-26-2013 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnblestDevotee (Hozzászólás 33910074)
Really they just need a report option where it takes 3 or 4 peoples vote during rank pick to dodge. Then it sends everything that was said and the pick order (Including the times of both) to the tribunal.

Sounds a little hard core for a champion selection. however a vote to dodge sounds awesome. however if you add a 1 min wait time to that then it would be good. since some ranked teams could be trolls.

also reduce the wait to like 10 mins instead of 30.

Snowman49 01-26-2013 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TooMuchTooHandle (Hozzászólás 33910101)
Sounds a little hard core for a champion selection. however a vote to dodge sounds awesome. however if you add a 1 min wait time to that then it would be good. since some ranked teams could be trolls.

also reduce the wait to like 10 mins instead of 30.

The issue with reducing it to something like 10 minutes is it leaves it more likely to be abused. It would allow more players to sit there and think "Well this team composition won't win versus that one, so I'll just dodge." I think 30-60 minutes is an appropriate amount of time to have a player sit out. That being said I do like the option for a team vote to dodge the match.

UnblestDevotee 01-26-2013 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowman49 (Hozzászólás 33910440)
The issue with reducing it to something like 10 minutes is it leaves it more likely to be abused. It would allow more players to sit there and think "Well this team composition won't win versus that one, so I'll just dodge." I think 30-60 minutes is an appropriate amount of time to have a player sit out. That being said I do like the option for a team vote to dodge the match.

Exactly. The length of the dodge wait would be fine as long as we have a proper dodge mechanic in which those at fault would be punished. With the vote though I think who ever was accused of trolling should get a short dodge que ban for maybe 10 minutes or less. Because while sometimes it will be because that person is trully trolling, the game really can't tell until the tribunal finishes it's judgement.

Also in terms of a ranked team this option should only be for solo/duo. Honestly you have issues if your are being troll picked by your own ranked team.

Koelio 01-26-2013 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnblestDevotee (Hozzászólás 33910576)
Exactly. The length of the dodge wait would be fine as long as we have a proper dodge mechanic in which those at fault would be punished. With the vote though I think who ever was accused of trolling should get a short dodge que ban for maybe 10 minutes or less. Because while sometimes it will be because that person is trully trolling, the game really can't tell until the tribunal finishes it's judgement.

Also in terms of a ranked team this option should only be for solo/duo. Honestly you have issues if your are being troll picked by your own ranked team.

What do you recommend as far as a means of preventing it from being abused? Say three people on the team don't like that I picked Garen. Doesn't make it a troll pick by any means. But I could easily be voted off too.

Personally I'd rather see one free dodge for every so many games or something of the sort.

MicKretz 01-26-2013 06:15 AM

I'm sure this gonna get downvoted but i honestly/sincerely want to know where the que-dodge=hero mentality comes from?

Obviously riot views que-dodge as a bad thing hence the penalty, yet everyone who creates a "why do i have to wait so long" thread thinks they are doing the community a service? I understand they think they saving ppl from losing Elo, but since noone can see into the future, how does it work out?

anywho, seeing as i just started rank, would love to know more about why SOME ppl think its heroic

Sh3n0 01-26-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MicKretz (Hozzászólás 33911151)
I'm sure this gonna get downvoted but i honestly/sincerely want to know where the que-dodge=hero mentality comes from?

Obviously riot views que-dodge as a bad thing hence the penalty, yet everyone who creates a "why do i have to wait so long" thread thinks they are doing the community a service? I understand they think they saving ppl from losing Elo, but since noone can see into the future, how does it work out?

anywho, seeing as i just started rank, would love to know more about why SOME ppl think its heroic

They think they're saving 3 people from the troll. Nothing more.

Sephrinx 01-26-2013 10:09 AM

Because fk you, that's why.

Rillain 01-26-2013 10:28 AM

Most of the time, people are dodging because they get counterpicked, or other team gets Katarina when they wanted to play her. So even though it's unfair for people who dodge trolls, the system is fair in general. I would just play on a smurf account during the wait if I were you.