||01-25-2013 09:11 PM
Game minimizes after playing shortly, cannot open again
Hi everyone, I'm posting this on behalf of my friend who's having some issues playing League.
Her computer is, from what I understand, relatively old - so that by itself is probably going to be the issue. Regardless, here are the details.
"it loads, it comes on to the actual game, few minutes into game, it closes down and appears on task bar thing and then i do alt, ctrl and delete and in task manager it says not responding and it keeps on doing it"
I'm curious whether it could be something within these two areas of the Wrenchmen's Toolbox:
Can't Enter A Match / Matchmaker Issues
Before I enter a match, everything goes black/game doesn't start
1. Your graphics card might not support Shader 2.0 - I.E. get a new graphics card
2. Make sure your computer meets the Minimum Requirements
3. Make sure Your display settings are set properly.
4. If you can't get in, you can also Change your resolution out of game
5. Check the Graphics troubleshooting guide
After Champion Select, the game crashes
1. Did you copy someone else's install? You need to Reinstall the game
2. Double check your Firewall, Ports and Anti-Virus settings with the tips listed above.
3. Use This link to update your DirectX install
4. Did you recently use System Restore? Try this:
-Go to your League of Legends Folder (Default- C:\Riot Games\League of Legends)
-Open LoLLauncher.exe.version (C:\Program Files\League of Legends\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_launcher\managedfiles\0. 0.0.## <- Highest numbered folder) using a text editor like notepad
-Where the file reads "1.0.0.###", lower the ### in between the quote tags by one, save the file and then start the launcher to try to re-patch.
I asked a few times, and she definitely gets to get into the game and play, just shortly after the game minimizes. I'm no tech wizard, especially when it came to League (I've had little to no errors) so I've come here for some help.