League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Item Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Add Force Of Nature back into the game. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3045568)

Mister Soupcan 01-25-2013 08:51 PM

Add Force Of Nature back into the game.

Force of nature was a great item. And i was very sad to see it removed in season 3 and i know it has fallen out of the meta but i was thinking and i thought how you could possibly change it around to be a viable item again. so here are the possible statistics:

+25 hp regen per 5
+8 movment speed
+73 magic resist
+15 cooldown reduction
+250 health

Unique Passive: +2 hp regen per level
Unique Passive: increases healing and regeneration effects by 28%

Builds from: Spirit Visage, Null Magic Mantle, Rejuvenation Bead

Item Cost: 1030g
Total Cost: 3800g

So, basicly what it would do if it was in the game is that it would give you a late game, upgrade to spirit visage, and cost efficient hp regeneration for champions that need it for example: the high magic resist and enhanced healing would be great on Morgana and Vlad. Or tanky junglers that benefit from movement speed and regeneration ie Hecarim, Trundle, and Volibear. I do not think that im the only one out there who misses Force Of Nature, so if you wish it were back in the game please give feedback and support.

Plorpmeister 01-26-2013 03:48 AM

I think FoN is a tricky thing. I don't feel we really need it back, but I do think we need a new big MR item to replace it. AD and AP both got cheaper in season 3, while defenses got more expensive. This may just be Riot seeing things that we don't and trying to keep the game from getting stagnant, but sometimes you HAVE to be able to get those defenses. You could have a complete noob in mid that feeds the enemy Karthus. If you're say, the adc you don't really have a whole lot of room for defensive items, but you have to have something to survive if Karthus should ult at the right time.
Your options that you can work into your build are:
Guardian Angel +30 magic resistance: you can't get it early as it's kind of expensive, but it's not an uncommon buy for an adc.
Hexdrinker/Maw of Malmortius +25/36 magic resistance: a personal favorite of mine, it combos quite nicely with Life steal; it's not the best option but reasonable.
Mercurial Scimitar +45 magic resistance: not spectacular for ranged and situational depending on the other team's cc.
Spirit Visage +50 magic resistance: okay pretty bad if an adc has to buy this at least if buffs up your life steal. Mostly noted because it is currently the highest magic resist item in the game.
Banshee's Veil +45 magic resistance: can save your life, I had to build one against a fed Brand at one point, gave my team the win (I was playing as Ashe).

Armor is currently much easier to build than magic resistance.

Autocthon 01-26-2013 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plorpmeister (Hozzászólás 33909578)

Armor Pen is currently MUCH higher than Magic Pen.

PResence of more armor is y design. Does ANYONE read Xypherous? If you want to counter burst mages you do the exact same thing you do to shut down enemy AD casters early game.

You build primary HP pith splashes of MR/Armor.

That is why Bulwark exists. Spirit Visage. Banshee's Veil. If you need more than a combination of Bulwark+(any magic resist item here) then you should just be building more HP. IT will be JUST AS EFFECTIVE if not MORESO than building MR.

And it ALWAYS HAS BEEN. There's no need for FoN. They upgraded SV and Aegis to make up for the loss. When before you'd have Aegis+FoN you can get Bulwark+SV for the SAME COST and MORE MR AND HP.

Edit: If you're the AD and the enemy AP got fed you build warmog's. If you're AD and the enemy AD got fed you build warmogs. IF you're the AD you build warmogs. You don;t build resists they're completely worthless on an ADC.

Plorpmeister 01-26-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autocthon (Hozzászólás 33911415)
Edit: If you're the AD and the enemy AP got fed you build warmog's. If you're AD and the enemy AD got fed you build warmogs. IF you're the AD you build warmogs. You don;t build resists they're completely worthless on an ADC.

I can't entirely agree with that. Everything is situational. If you're up against a combo burst damage champ, a banshee's will do you much more good than a warmogs, imo.

Autocthon 01-28-2013 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plorpmeister (Hozzászólás 33925510)
I can't entirely agree with that. Everything is situational. If you're up against a combo burst damage champ, a banshee's will do you much more good than a warmogs, imo.

It depends on which mage it is. And whether the enemy team has another source of burst damage.

Excepting situations where the enemy burst is fed an early giant's belt is effective in shutting down their burst and builds into warmogs which will let you shrug off just about anything. 1000 HP is better than MR+300 HP+Shield in way too many situations but BV *is* one of the four potential AD defense items.

Galgus 01-28-2013 08:33 AM

Tanks don't need a super-high MR item while health stacking and MR are still double counters to most mages.

(Due to their damage being tied to cool-downs.)

Llanite 01-28-2013 10:36 AM

Stacking HP to counter AD is a big mistake, they will vamp their whole healthpool back in matter of seconds

TealNinje 01-28-2013 04:24 PM

I honestly want a huge regen item with bonus movespeed on it. Running around with it giving you 8-10 health per second, extra movespeed the lower health you are.

phromic 01-28-2013 07:11 PM

i always really liked this item it was great on a champ like cho , Singed . heck i would have used it on any champ , it really was a good item . movement speed a ton of health regeneration and magic resist . it was a little $$ compared to some other items but it was worth it . meta bs ...... i would defend any person that used it .

Rhengorne 01-28-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plorpmeister (Hozzászólás 33909578)
I think FoN is a tricky thing. I don't feel we really need it back, but I do think we need a new big MR item to replace it. AD and AP both got cheaper in season 3, while defenses got more expensive. This may just be Riot seeing things that we don't and trying to keep the game from getting stagnant, but sometimes you HAVE to be able to get those defenses. You could have a complete noob in mid that feeds the enemy Karthus. If you're say, the adc you don't really have a whole lot of room for defensive items, but you have to have something to survive if Karthus should ult at the right time.
Your options that you can work into your build are:
Guardian Angel +30 magic resistance: you can't get it early as it's kind of expensive, but it's not an uncommon buy for an adc.
Hexdrinker/Maw of Malmortius +25/36 magic resistance: a personal favorite of mine, it combos quite nicely with Life steal; it's not the best option but reasonable.
Mercurial Scimitar +45 magic resistance: not spectacular for ranged and situational depending on the other team's cc.
Spirit Visage +50 magic resistance: okay pretty bad if an adc has to buy this at least if buffs up your life steal. Mostly noted because it is currently the highest magic resist item in the game.
Banshee's Veil +45 magic resistance: can save your life, I had to build one against a fed Brand at one point, gave my team the win (I was playing as Ashe).

DONT FORGET Unholy Chalice also gives 36mr i think and its an ap item.

Id rather add an MR item that builds out of philo than put FoN back on the field. I submit this for your review:

Rhengorne's Dissipation Screen: (Yeah i named it after myself, wanna fight about it?)
Total Cost (3260) Combination cost of 575g
+15hp /5
+15mp/5
+5% movement speed
+65 MR
Unique Passive: Each time you are struck with a magical attack you gain 5% movement speed and regenerate 1% of your maximum hp over 3 seconds. Does not stack.
Unique Active: Take 10% less magical damage for 4 seconds. 60 second cool down.

Builds out of (2685g)
-Philo Stone (700g)
-Zeal (1175g)
-Negatron Cloak (810g)