League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Item Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   New Hybrid Item Suggestion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3044246)

FizzyPop71 01-25-2013 02:16 PM

New Hybrid Item Suggestion

Name: [dont have one yet, any suggestions?]

Price: im thinking about 3100

Recipe: Pickaxe 875g+ Blasting Wand 860g + Kindlegem 850g

Combine cost: 515
So it would be 875+860+850= 2585 + 515 = 3100

Item effects:
+250 Health
Passive: 10% Cooldown Reduction
Unique passive: You gain AP equal to 0.23 of your AD. You gain AD equal to 0.12 of your
AP. This effect does not stack with itself.

the basic idea is that there doesnt seem like there are enough items that give AP and AD so i thought to add one. It would be mainly for hybrid damage dealers, so akali, jax, etc will benifit most from it.

for reference:

250 AD, 250 AP = an extra 30 AD and 57.5 AP

for someone building pure 1 type of damage with this item:

500 AD = 115 extra AP
500 AP = 60 extra AD

I feel these numbers are pretty balanced for the price and the use of them. In comparison to the Rageblade, it does have the potential to add more stat-wise, but it does not come with the other unique fetures that the rageblade has.

Thoughts?

Quadradactyl 01-25-2013 04:41 PM

So kind of like Vladimir and how his Health = AP and vice versa.

dghosrtlyr95 01-27-2013 08:24 PM

damn this is a really good idea

JustMyBassCannon 01-27-2013 08:26 PM

So, literally, Kayle's old passive scaling 7% less AP and 3% less AD.

You DO know that, even with lowered numbers, allowing her old passive, the one they removed on purpose, to be put on other hybrid champions, would be insanely powerful...right?

These are the kind of people that cause historians to drink.

Irelia Bot 01-27-2013 09:33 PM

Alright so I guess it is time to bring in some like situations.

For this I will use akali because she fits the champ type in question.

A likely build could be

boots
Gunblade
Deathcap
crystal scepter
This item wi say 30AD and 45AP
Bloodthirster fully stacked

This would provide
10% CDR
750 extra health
310 AP 368.8 after this items passive
255 AD 292.8 after this item.

WHile these numbers might now seem like much on thier own together they will provide akali with 56.7% spell vamp and a reasonable tanky build while not sacrificing much to get it.

With a DFG instead of the BT it is still 41%.

It just doesn't force much in the way of desisions having t be made in the build when an item like this can do so much late game compared to other options near the same price.

FizzyPop71 01-27-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soulbladez (Hozzászólás 33974137)
Alright so I guess it is time to bring in some like situations.

For this I will use akali because she fits the champ type in question.

A likely build could be

boots
Gunblade
Deathcap
crystal scepter
This item wi say 30AD and 45AP
Bloodthirster fully stacked

This would provide
10% CDR
750 extra health
310 AP 368.8 after this items passive
255 AD 292.8 after this item.

WHile these numbers might now seem like much on thier own together they will provide akali with 56.7% spell vamp and a reasonable tanky build while not sacrificing much to get it.

With a DFG instead of the BT it is still 41%.

It just doesn't force much in the way of desisions having t be made in the build when an item like this can do so much late game compared to other options near the same price.

while i do see what you are saying, if you check the build without my idea item, she still has 50% Spell vamp. so the added 6% isnt really enough to make it OP. add a Rageblade and it comes to about 55%. so again, about the same. or u can replace it with a Black Cleaver and ge tthe same Health and CDR as this item does making it just as tanky that way. If this seems untrue let me know and i will look at it closer.

by the way, here is stats of your build with 1 empty slot, add a BC oir Rageblade and see what i mean: http://lolcalc.net/b#|c=4;i=1001,314...0;a=1,5,5,5,3;

Also thanks for replies.

Irelia Bot 01-28-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poisonedblood71 (Hozzászólás 33975552)
while i do see what you are saying, if you check the build without my idea item, she still has 50% Spell vamp. so the added 6% isnt really enough to make it OP. add a Rageblade and it comes to about 55%. so again, about the same. or u can replace it with a Black Cleaver and ge tthe same Health and CDR as this item does making it just as tanky that way. If this seems untrue let me know and i will look at it closer.

by the way, here is stats of your build with 1 empty slot, add a BC oir Rageblade and see what i mean: http://lolcalc.net/b#|c=4;i=1001,314...0;a=1,5,5,5,3;

Also thanks for replies.

Well you also have to understand that the BT is not a common item choice on akali. I was just using it to show how it could be fairly easy to abuse this item concept.

I'm still more of a fan for a hybrid penetration item like this one I posted a while ago

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2277069

FizzyPop71 01-28-2013 09:17 PM

true that it isnt, I was just demonstrating the effect it would have on akali is similar to what you were saying. Also it doesnt always have to be common to be effective.

Looking at your item concept i think it looks pretty solid except seems like a pretty good bonus for the 2350 price tag. comparing this item to mine, on a purely damage based hybrid champ (akali) the AP and AD bonus's are relatively the same give or take depending on how you build. But your item will do more dame than mine, making it more for high damage champs.

I prefer to play a lot of bruisers, that is where this item concept came from. Thresh, the newest addition to league, was the champ that originally made me think up this item. I prefer to play him as a bruiser more than as a support as he does have the damage potential and tankyness. The idea behind this item for him would be that you can build tankier while still getting the full spectrum of damage output. with the current items we have available there really isnt an item that can help you be tankier AND do damage for both damage types. And adding one that is balanced (as it would essentially combine 3 roles) would be difficult. The bonuses from this would allow u to pick up say...a iceborn gauntlet for armor and dmg, this and haunting guise's upgrade (cant remember name) for health and damage, wits end/mercurial scimitar/abyssal scepter or something similar for MR and be able to have the damage needed for late game while having a bit of tank to suppliment it.

tldr: need more hybrid options for bruisers.

Irelia Bot 01-28-2013 09:30 PM

The main difference is that your item would be basically a core must buy on any hybrid in any situation. While mine is somewhat limited to only being really worth getting once the enemy has some real armor and MR and you have a decent amount of ad and AP.

It isn't a matter of making a new Item just to make a new item. It is a matter of filling a role that is not filled already in the game. While yours would be nice it isn't really doing anything that is not filled by some other item.

FizzyPop71 01-29-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soulbladez (Hozzászólás 34009924)
The main difference is that your item would be basically a core must buy on any hybrid in any situation. While mine is somewhat limited to only being really worth getting once the enemy has some real armor and MR and you have a decent amount of ad and AP.

It isn't a matter of making a new Item just to make a new item. It is a matter of filling a role that is not filled already in the game. While yours would be nice it isn't really doing anything that is not filled by some other item.

I see the point you are making and i agree with you on that making a new item for the hell of it is stupid, but i feel that this item IS filling a role that isnt there. Hybrid tankyness.
but i do also realize that its bonuses would make it a must have for all hybrids....

what if i reduced the damage scaling and increase the HP bonus. this would make it lean more towards tanky side and less as damaging item. this way you hav to choose between damage or tank.