League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Thresh W Skill (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3042124)

Kawaii Senpai 01-24-2013 09:28 PM

Thresh W Skill

Thresh's W let's an ally champion click on a lantern to teleport to Thresh's location. However this skill is useless when enemy champions stand on it. So basically it's useless during most team fights. I don't think this was the intention for this skill. It's supposed to be used for escapes. Does anyone else think it needs a rework on how it should be activated?

Skaliton 01-24-2013 09:32 PM

its useless in teamfights?

It's still a pretty strong shield, and if you stand away from your adc (forming a triangle between you/adc/ front line) enemy assassins can't kill your carry since he is always 1 click to safety (if you use it properly), and it's not like they can just charge through your ult to get to him (the first wall breaking can take 50% of a squishies hp or close 2 it)

GearRush 01-24-2013 09:47 PM

Actually, I was pondering this lately, I love using it but I've thought of another application to make it even better. This Idea also plays into the imprisonment theme.

When Dark passage is activated it goes out, an Ally can click it and they are sent towards you, now lets say a Enemy enters, just W and it brings them to you, Multiple enemies will bring the lowest health one towards you.

As per balance issues, you can only pull one enemy. You can only pull them when they enter that small green circle. Just reduce the circle slightly for a pull and I believe it could be well balanced.

The balance issue I can see from that is: You have strong control of farm, if you place it right in the middle of a creep wave then an enemy can't touch the creep wave. I would like to see it tested. I really believe it would add to the imprisonment feeling I get from playing Thresh.

GiottoXIII 01-24-2013 09:50 PM

50% of a squishies hp? i think ur overestimating the power of hte box... maybe 1/4th? certainly not 50%

teamstar 01-24-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GearRush (Hozzászólás 33871247)
Actually, I was pondering this lately, I love using it but I've thought of another application to make it even better. This Idea also plays into the imprisonment theme.

When Dark passage is activated it goes out, an Ally can click it and they are sent towards you, now lets say a Enemy enters, just W and it brings them to you, Multiple enemies will bring the lowest health one towards you.

As per balance issues, you can only pull one enemy. You can only pull them when they enter that small green circle. Just reduce the circle slightly for a pull and I believe it could be well balanced.

The balance issue I can see from that is: You have strong control of farm, if you place it right in the middle of a creep wave then an enemy can't touch the creep wave. I would like to see it tested. I really believe it would add to the imprisonment feeling I get from playing Thresh.

so u want it to be like blitz's grab? he already has a pull why would he need another? also this thread is completely useless considering it already has a secondary effect.

Throw out gather souls safely...

Hoofster 01-24-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GearRush (Hozzászólás 33871247)

How is that not just an easier to land version of his Q? His W is perfectly fine, run with someone like Galio, Amumu or Morg and see how insanely overpowered it is when none of them have to flash ult.

Kawaii Senpai 01-24-2013 10:00 PM

I'm not saying his W is an underpowered skill. I'm just saying it's not as practical to pull off in a large team fight where enemy champs stand around the circle. Because of the enemy champs it's REALLY hard to get the pull part of his lantern. I mean yeah, the shield is really nice but if players can't use his other part of the skill then it might as well be only a shield skill. I think enemy champs standing in the lantern area defeats the purpose of adding the ally teleport.

GearRush 01-25-2013 07:46 PM

Maybe clarification, you press w again, no just walk into it and bam, it would be a choice activation, also, the enemy has to be within that small circle, It's nothing like Blitz's Grab.

Blitz's grab you hit and pull, this requires timing.

And it differs from Q as no damage and pulls towards you, not just halfway to you.

The enemy could also use to advantage, let say the tank or someone with CC rushes in there and you press W again, you kind of just ****ed your team over.

Or even pull an enemy OUT of a fight R to escape and your team cleans it up.

Wastelandman 01-27-2013 04:47 AM

oh god it can be countered, fix it!