League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Thresh ultimate is on much too long a cooldown (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3040668)

3mptylord 01-24-2013 01:28 PM

Thresh ultimate is on much too long a cooldown

(Targeted largely at his support role).

I would go as far as to say it should be as short as 30 seconds - especially since players can only be affected by only one wall, but can still go on to break all the walls (although 90-60 seconds would probably be fine too). You just get a Riven to use Q three times and all the walls a broken and she didn't feel a thing anyway (an example of how easily redundant it is - I'm not complaining about any specific instance). It'd be like putting Blitzcrank ultimate on a 180 second cooldown. Thresh is actually very comparable to Blitzcrank - both have strong initiations, but relatively weak presence while their ultimates are on cooldown (incidentally, both have low cooldown knockups). However, Blitzcrank only has to wait 30 seconds to do his cycle again, while Thresh has to wait over 2 minutes. Without the imminent threat - Thresh becomes a non-entity (even his on-hit damage is pitiful unless he actively stops doing damage for 10 seconds). -_-

The fact it's a good area of denial tool and does 250 damage at rank one makes is definitely ultimate material, don't get me wrong - but what exactly justified putting Lulu's Glitterlance on a 150 / 140 / 130 second cooldown?

Hayaishi 01-24-2013 01:37 PM

I agree

castorshiraiwa 01-24-2013 01:56 PM

agreed, but maybe his kit have way too much power to allow an better ultimate

3mptylord 01-24-2013 01:59 PM

His kit has no power as it stands. It's a lot of utility - but it packs no punch. Blitzcrank is only scary because he does enough damage to kill you by himself... (in lane, anyway)

Jonheath291 01-24-2013 03:30 PM

I think the reason it has such a long cooldown is because it has a 100% scaling on it. Abyssal Scepter wrecks with it

3mptylord 01-24-2013 03:37 PM

Blitzcrank also has a 100% AP scaling - and higher base damage at ranks 2 and 3.

Vuther 01-24-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3mptylord (Hozzászólás 33860622)
Blitzcrank also has a 100% AP scaling - and higher base damage at ranks 2 and 3.

To be fair, no one wants anything ever having comparable power to Blitzcrank because Blitzcrank's existence is bad enough.

3mptylord 01-24-2013 05:39 PM

That is true. But the difference between Rocket Grab and Damnation is enough to make that never so.

Lancang 01-24-2013 05:48 PM

Agreed, it takes way to long. On another note his ult is pretty hard to be used effectively unless you get up close or someone is chasing and really want it bad. I know this isnt the discussion for this but believe that thresh could possibly be the next lee sin. ive seen him do all position effectively in game

Lancang 01-24-2013 05:50 PM

Agreed. On another note i think thresh might be the next lee sin, ive seen him being played in every role quite effectivly