League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   How Viable Is Skarner? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3040414)

RayDrazon 01-24-2013 12:07 PM

How Viable Is Skarner?

The title says it. How viable is Skarner as a jungler? Is he one of the top junglers for Season 3 or no?

If so, are there any guides I can read about him?

Please post and comment below. Thanks.

AsianFryChiken 01-24-2013 12:09 PM

He's a one of the few counter-initiate tank junglers.
And a damn good one as well.

Thubgar 01-24-2013 12:50 PM

i dont know if he's top tier or the like, but picking him shouldnt raise any eyebrows.

Mogs01gt 01-24-2013 12:51 PM

Pretty weak in S3. With all of his nerfs and S3 changes he is hurtin.

Attack speed items increased in price
Jungle changes
etc etc

S3 sucks!

Irish Red Cap 01-24-2013 12:59 PM

Jungle Skarner is who I main in S3, granted Skarner and Maokai carried me up to 1600 last season I'm relatively stuck at 1400-1500 this time around but it's not by the champion.

People might hate on skarner but he has some uniqueness that other junglers don't. I still build Spirit of Ancient Golem because of the new jungle it lets his AoE actually do it stuff while giving him tenacity. Compared to many other junglers though Skarner does have to make a pretty obvious dive into team fights and it takes some practice to understand who to grab. Not always necessarily the ADC, sometimes I grab a support or tank just to deny any AoE CC. His ganking is phenomenal still though. If you learn him well it's not hard to secure every gank you go for with his slow and ult.

I still think he is viable but maybe from playing so much in season 2 with Skarner I can still hold very positive games with him typically 1/4/19 and such in a 20 min game. The problem is unlike other junglers when push comes to shove it's ALL up to your team to carry your just there to disrupt team coordination for the other side and peel for your adc. Lots of tanks excel in holding people down, skarner excels in peeling back and slowing someone enough for any ADC to kite with little worry.

ihat3teemo 01-24-2013 03:08 PM

Hes trash tier

Northreyar 01-24-2013 03:17 PM

I think he's currently one odfthe worst junglers, his skill set doesnt support the jungler's ganking, he's slow, the CC works only when he's nearby enemy champs. unlike Lee sin or Maokai that can get up on your face from out of nowhere, then slow you and deal tremendous dmg (in the case of lee) and still keep wonderfull positioning (in case of both lee and maokai) because they can dash to a location and disrupt your scape, Skarner's only usefull tool is he's ult and he doesnt have it till lvl6.

Maokai its very much viable for jungling, and his ultimate is very useful to tank Baron and dragon and keep the damage your team takes in very low lvls

OmeQuicksilver 01-25-2013 10:40 PM

He's the only character I jungle with anymore. Start off with a rejuvnation bead and a faeire charm some red koolaid, max your Q and W first, I ignore E. Get your philosophers stone and a sheen, then mercury treads, glacial shroud, trinity force, frozen heart and hextech gunblade. Last item I usually go with hydra or shiv. With this build noones gonna be able to get away from you easily once you pop outta the bushes and stab em with your butt laser. You just have to play him smart and not charge at someone down the lane.

MimicryKilla 01-26-2013 10:39 PM

Relies on teamates too much which IMO is horrible for solo queue. Also his ult is really bad just like jarvans, but jarvans is worse. You can flash out of his ult easily which is saddening playing as skarner

Irish Red Cap 01-26-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MimicryKilla (Hozzászólás 33943514)
Relies on teamates too much which IMO is horrible for solo queue. Also his ult is really bad just like jarvans, but jarvans is worse. You can flash out of his ult easily which is saddening playing as skarner

That's what I really dislike, I understood when they "fixed" his ult so he couldn't grab and yank someone from out of sight back in to sight but when they made it so people could flash mid-cast of the ult and put it on CD or just completely escape it REALLY lowered skarner's play.