League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Can someone help? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3040296)

Huntronicles 01-24-2013 11:19 AM

Can someone help?

So I've been really into ranked. I basically played for a month with a 1020 elo, losing and then winning over and over. I am trying the best I can to do everything possible to my goal elo, which is 1200. (Pretty low I know). I got to 1100 but then got back to 1k. I am currently down to fricking 903 or something ****ty like that. I'm trying everything I can to improve my game. I can carry, I know that, and am even mastering champs that carry hard to win. I just can't seem to win. I have been looking at tutorial and guides and have been following everything. I know that I have potential, I just can't climb out of this low elo. I have been being as good to my teamates too. I make sure to never rage and complement my team on good plays and not get mad on bad. I am not raging anymore but my elo keeps plummeting. Can someone offer me some help?

adc 01-24-2013 11:24 AM

If you're hovering at 1k, and you're currently at 900, you're at the bottom of your range (roughly). You'll start winning more soon and go back up to 1k.

That said, some things to work on to improve:

Wards. Make sure (unless you're the ADC and your support is warding properly) you always ward your lane. Later in the game, try and pick up a couple - wards win games.

CS. So important. 200 CS at 20 minutes is what you should be aiming for every game. Try not to miss CS without gaining something (if you're going to miss a wave, get a kill). Obviously you can't sit in lane with 100 HP to get that CS, but if you can get it safely, do it.

Map awareness. Don't rely on MIAs. They're a luxury, not something you need. Try and know where the enemy team is at all times.

Positioning - look at where you are in fights, and just in general. Dodge skillshots, don't group up against an AOE team, etc.

Huntronicles 01-24-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AD Bottom (Hozzászólás 33852315)
If you're hovering at 1k, and you're currently at 900, you're at the bottom of your range (roughly). You'll start winning more soon and go back up to 1k.

That said, some things to work on to improve:

Wards. Make sure (unless you're the ADC and your support is warding properly) you always ward your lane. Later in the game, try and pick up a couple - wards win games.

CS. So important. 200 CS at 20 minutes is what you should be aiming for every game. Try not to miss CS without gaining something (if you're going to miss a wave, get a kill). Obviously you can't sit in lane with 100 HP to get that CS, but if you can get it safely, do it.

Map awareness. Don't rely on MIAs. They're a luxury, not something you need. Try and know where the enemy team is at all times.

Positioning - look at where you are in fights, and just in general. Dodge skillshots, don't group up against an AOE team, etc.

Thanks for the advice, I probably could ward more often. But I need to get my team to listen to me at some points as well. Like when they ace and they go dragon instead of getting the inner turret. I know dragon is more, but it's only 30 gold. I feel like my teams don't know how to end games.

adc 01-24-2013 11:38 AM

It depends on the team comp. If you can siege towers, you'll want to go get dragon, because you can easily shove up on the turret later. If you can't, leave dragon alone for sure.