League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Item Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Deathcap ruins AP builds. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3039400)

Evangelia 01-24-2013 03:34 AM

Deathcap ruins AP builds.

Simply put: Remove the deathcap.

Why? It ruins creativity in builds.

Every single AP build has to make a deathcap, and its infuriating. I love what you guys have done with AD items, heck, even bloodthirster isnt essential for every single build nowadays. But the deathcap has just wrecked item options for AP carries. And thats not the LoL that I know. LoL has so much innovation, its not just one kind of build all the way. True, you do have tons of variation on AP builds, but having the Deathcap in the game, is almost always the quintessential item in the game.

Heres my suggestion, increase every item in the game to have 25% more ap, remove the deathcap, make new items in place of it. I like how LoL is heading toward the way of character builds can have other stats other than the one they focus on. So hence, remove deathcap, please.

FishySticks69 01-24-2013 03:42 AM

^^ this

Autocthon 01-24-2013 03:54 AM

Plenty of APs can be useful without deathcap you know.

ROOOOOAST 01-24-2013 04:34 AM

No, they wont make every ap item have 25% more ap, because, deathcap is good if and when your stacking dmg, AP. But, imagine if DFG or zhonya gave 125 ap.... Ppl would rush it even more.deathcap isnt an item to rush, its an item to increase your ap, so you got a stronger late game with ap carry

Evangelia 01-24-2013 04:38 AM

I dont care what they do to compensate, but deathcap is the go to item that most ap builds use. Heck, if they gave 25% more ap to DFG or zhonyas, at least those items would be two options instead of one that gives ALL the items 25% more ap

bob000 01-24-2013 06:07 AM

Maybe you build deathcap too much? It's not that great on a lot of AP.

Karmegeddon 01-24-2013 06:10 AM

Stacking pure ap isnt that great anymore, most ap carries go for mpen first now anyway. Rab is only great if youre stacking pure ap.

Galgus 01-24-2013 06:56 AM

I actually like deathcap because it creates a stronger separation between champions building AP on the side or really investing in it.

Or in other words, it separates magic damage bruisers like Singed from mage carries: even if Singed eventually has enough health to grab one and still be durable, the mage carry will have had it longer.

GurkenMAN 01-24-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evangelia (Hozzászólás 33842426)
Simply put: Remove the deathcap.

Why? It ruins creativity in builds.

Every single AP build has to make a deathcap, and its infuriating. I love what you guys have done with AD items, heck, even bloodthirster isnt essential for every single build nowadays. But the deathcap has just wrecked item options for AP carries. And thats not the LoL that I know. LoL has so much innovation, its not just one kind of build all the way. True, you do have tons of variation on AP builds, but having the Deathcap in the game, is almost always the quintessential item in the game.

Heres my suggestion, increase every item in the game to have 25% more ap, remove the deathcap, make new items in place of it. I like how LoL is heading toward the way of character builds can have other stats other than the one they focus on. So hence, remove deathcap, please.

Kinda understand you.
But i dont think giving every other AP-item +25% built in would be a balanced solution.

VHS Malted Milk 01-24-2013 09:11 AM

Look, there are plenty of ap's who don't need death cap, you don't want to build death cap, play Ryze, even Anivia is dangerous without it. Sure it helps most ap's snowball like crazy but it fully allows them to nuke or dps down adc's without getting raped. If it is a problem you can counter it, and the new modifications to archangels is huge, to the point where it can compensate for deathcap