League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Rework Fiddle as a Ranged Tank (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3037956)

Malzyhurr 01-23-2013 05:39 PM

Rework Fiddle as a Ranged Tank

This idea isn't new but it's really something to consider. He has all this CC and for what? In team fights he just gets focused(w/o Zhonya's). So he's item dependent? Summoners that play fiddle regularly know what I'm talking about. He isn't widely played for a reason. He doesn't match up appropriately to the champions Riot has released.

Think about how fun it would be to play tank fiddle though. Just rework his ap ratios/passive and boost his health/ increase his armor. He would still be annoying but less lethal in a 1v1 or 1v2. He would be somewhat like Rammus but w/o the power ball and less defensive. Just add a silence.

I'm not saying you can't be op playing fiddle atm. I'm only saying that his game play is too cautious. He's extremely squishy. Do I risk playing fiddle or pick one of the many other better choices? At the very least give him a minor buff to his defense or make his passive more useful.

If you have not played at least 50 games as Fiddlesticks then don't reply. I want the true fans of this champion to voice their opinion. Please keep the whiny "he's already op" comments to yourselves. I'm all for a .5 sec nerf to fear but right now that's his best ability.

Malzyhurr 01-24-2013 10:01 AM

bump

Peligrad 01-24-2013 10:05 AM

If its not broke... Fiddle has a solid win rate. He's a good jungler and sees some play in mid lane. There really aren't many decent AP junglers right now...I'd hate to see them mess up fiddle tbh..

Malzyhurr 01-24-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peligrad (Hozzászólás 33849904)
If its not broke... Fiddle has a solid win rate. He's a good jungler and sees some play in mid lane. There really aren't many decent AP junglers right now...I'd hate to see them mess up fiddle tbh..

I understand where you are coming from with that. The first time I played as jungle I used Fiddlesticks. It's still fun. I just really feel that he has fallen behind everyone else. He is so easily countered in the jungle. He needs a new edge of some sort.

Nyx Warframe 01-24-2013 11:08 AM

I Agree. I think he's in need of a rework, or some big changes to his abilities. He should be a tank. Maybe nerf the damage of his Drain mid-late game, but make it channel even when knocked aside or w/e, and make his ult give him bonus MR/Armor when activated. His passive should give him bonus armor maybe? Make him get more armor based on AP? many things you could do, just some idears.

Epic Dreamer 01-24-2013 11:45 AM

Main change that would improve fiddle would be to make his drain a 3-4 second debuff (like trundle)

As it is, his ultimate IS pretty godly, when planted right. Maybe have him gain a little armor/resist for every enemy hit with it, adding per second it hits... Maybe 2-3 per would be good. (so if you ult, and are hitting 4 enemies, you get an immediate 8-12 in both, and every second you keep hitting, you get a little more, which lasts for a second or two after the ult finishes)

Keitterman 01-24-2013 12:02 PM

First, I have over 1k wins. no 50 of those games aren't with Fiddle, but as a fan of the game, I feel my opinion is completely valid.

I disagree, I think fiddle does exactly what he is meant to. He's a high risk very high reward champ, and because he jungles, and does so with about full HP the whole time, he is an AP-Jungle-Assassin, and he's a lot better at it than people think.

Item dependent? Focusing the high damage dealer is a strategy that everyone uses, fiddle or otherwise, forcing many nukers to buy the hourglass, and ADC's to be really good at kiting, or fail. That's the game you're playing here. That's why the hourglass exists, eventually the nuker will have to take damage from five sources, unless it's just OK for them to be the first dead every fight, we eitehr give every one of them something in their kit to say "nope", or we allow them to build an item. Riot went with the item approche.

Stark6000 01-24-2013 12:07 PM

his only problem is that his main damage ability is so easily interrupted. He's fine, strong if played right.

AsianFryChiken 01-24-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stark6000 (Hozzászólás 33853607)
his only problem is that his main damage ability is so easily interrupted. He's fine, strong if played right.

Everyone's damage can be interrupted.

Aerogos 01-24-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsianFryChiken (Hozzászólás 33853740)
Everyone's damage can be interrupted.

Yes, CAN be but in the sense that he was talking, a Soraka just one or two levels higher can down Fiddlesticks with ease. In essence, it means that its just to easy to stop Fiddle's damage output.