League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Esports Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Trying to get out of Elo hell (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3037896)

thechamp2002 01-23-2013 05:26 PM

Trying to get out of Elo hell

Well i started out going straight into ranked once i hit 30 which was a big mistake. Obviously my elo dropped bc of this. I have been playing for a while now and have some more experience under my belt and my elo is slowly climbing as i am finding my skills improving. One thing seems to be keeping me down...the elo loss i HAVE to take because people are trolling/afk/dc and things of such nature. Is it better to duo with someone to avoid this?

LewdNest 01-23-2013 07:40 PM

Theres no such thing as elo hell. I was 1684 when season 3 started I ended up losing almost all my placements and a few more and ended up in 1080 and I made it back to 1600. Again elo hell is a excuse.

ninjagear 01-23-2013 09:34 PM

I was 1300 last season, I stopped playing regularly over the preseason my elo was about 1100, I started playing more often my elo is 1200 now. There is no such thing as elo hell.

Jeremyls 01-23-2013 10:53 PM

there is an elo hell, it is below 800 elo.

and as someone who is on his way up slowly crawling out of the same hole you dug( went into ranked at 30 and elo plummeted)

Be patient, learn to play every role, do not practice champs in ranked. Get one to two champs you are at least passable at in every role. Of course there will be some lanes you like better and are more comfortable with.

To the people saying elo hell does not exist you are mistaken. Make a msurf drop your elo to around 400 and try ot work your way back out.

Banana Dragon 01-24-2013 01:17 AM

to be honest if you are that low already you should get good at one champ. then do it that way. or just give up until season four and do nothing but duo

m0dified 01-24-2013 02:43 AM

also be prepared to dodge, you can generally tell what your team is like in champ select and whether or not you should dodge

Ferr3t 01-24-2013 06:10 AM

Hey champ, I'm in a similar predicament to you. The trick I've found that's gotten my back up to about 950 from 800 and is keeping me climbing is to pick one role, and support, and get really good with two champs at both of those roles. Try your hardest to get your main role, and if you can't get it or someone would be shoehorned into support, go support instead.

The main role is going to be the easiest to carry with. Jungler is the best, imo, because people are dependent on you in laning phase more than you depend on them. Personally I main top, and mid works too, because you need help from jungling but otherwise are mostly self reliant during laning phase. ADC is a terrible idea because you rely heavily on a good support to not get your butt whooped. The point of this role will be to more easily carry a game if you have to. My Cho, for instance, can win top lane easily, get really big and really tanky, and turn a game around just by standing in front of things in a teamfight, even if the enemy team is somewhat fed.

Support, on the other hand, is the right backup because regardless of what anyone says, a support can carry. A good support can scale into late game even with a bad adc, while a bad adc is useless without a good support. It's just not apparent when the support is carrying because they don't get a lot of kills, but when you're spoon feeding kills to your teammates, you're carrying them. Vision wins games, and the supports hold the wards. Etc. etc. You need a good support throughout the game, and given the choice between shoehorning someone who doesn't want to support into it and doing it yourself, be the support. Your games will go a lot more smoothly for it.

I hope this has helped. See you on the other side of 1k elo.

Jeremyls 01-24-2013 03:20 PM

i just hit 1k today and yes as modified said. You will have some games you simply have ot dodge once you start making that serious climb. Until you get good enough to carry( not say your carrying and team still losses) i would recommend playing the game and getting better.

Thelohel 01-24-2013 04:58 PM

I love how threads like this always have 'elo hell' as their specific bracket. I've seen people claim its anywhere from 400 to 1500... there is no elo hell.

Jeremyls 01-24-2013 10:31 PM

yes there is lol srsly though go below 800ish and see for yourself after about 800 though games level out to a more normal thing.